NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks, yep yesterday was better, but could be better still. Great effort with the hamburger. That is how I usually do dinners now - i fill a bowl with salad and put whatever protein the family is having on top of that. I actually really enjoy it and don’t feel bloated after.

@trooworld sorry I didn’t check in yesterday, I did see your photos tho and the Santa is an awesome idea. I do have a Cricut as well but I could never get it to cut very cleanly and found the design program difficult and time consuming, so it has been packed away for a good while. Great to hear your food is going well, and who can resist a good baklava? Definitely could not pass that up 😁. We used to live near an authentic supplier and now I am a bit of a snob - haven’t had a “good” sample in years.

Todays a long one for me so have had to skip my morning workout which is actually making me feel a bit off. Am about to get down and do some sit-ups and hoping to get a workout in later this afternoon.

Hope it’s a good day all.
  • Tamevv
    Hi everyone, today has been a better one, but I did snack on some gingerbread house at work but stuck to my salad for lunch. Some stuff happened in the afternoon and I came home really agitated. Took son to the bakery and had a cake, and was really tempted to binge on all the sugar I could find but completely out of the blue heard myself kick the boys out of the lounge so I could do a step class. Quite honestly shocked myself. Worked hard and panted through it and added a short strength session for good measure. Yay me 👏
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I love baklava with pistachios instead of walnuts, too! Sooo good. These had walnuts, I think. I've never had cookies and creme baklava, that sounds amazing. I would not want to exercise without earphones. Great job with the food pusher's stuff! :D Congrats on the loss, that's great to have a loss this time of year.

Hi all. I can't remember if I've complained about the stye in my eye or not? I've had it over a week now. I finally contacted my doctor yesterday and she wants me to put a hot compress on it 3-4 times a day to see if it will go away. Well, I woke up and it's worse, it's like a whitehead now. Sorry, that's gross I know. I'll give it a few days to see if it will go away but I may have to go to the eye doctor. Yesterday was okay, I was under in my calories but not in my points. Today, I will likely be way over in both: we are having a luncheon at work for the holidays and there will be lots of good food. I will probably not eat dinner. Still low on water.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • abts1234
    abts1234 Posts: 12 Member
    I’m not sure how this works. Can I reply to an individual person? Or do my replies go to the main message board? Thanks!
  • senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    @Tamevv just keep trying. Just keep getting back up. All it takes is one time that sticks.

@trooworld Oh wow, that is definitely a new use for dental floss I've never heard of - glad it worked. Those Santas are so cute, what a thoughtful gift for your coworkers. Daisy looks like she certainly enjoyed her pupcake.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for your kind words. I'm so grateful that what I'm doing has rubbed off on my son. That's so great that you got to enjoy the cheeseburger with carbs to spare. Yeah, skipping the fries makes such a difference.

I have been avoiding the scale lately and just trying to lose weight without it. But today I got back on for the first time since August. I realized I've gotten back to the point that the scale will help my progress rather than hinder it. And come to find out, I've lost 15 lbs :) And I figure I lost that in 1.5 months since I started NS in late October. I am going to try to not be too emotionally attached to what the scale says....but I am enjoying the happiness today!
  • Tamevv
    @abts1234 Hello! If you reply to the thread it is seen by all, but if you want to direct comments you can type the “@“ symbol then their username and it will tag them personally. If you want to do private messages I think you need to be “friends” with the person.

Hope its a good day for you 😊

• abts1234
    Tamvv- thanks so much! I appreciate you!
  • abts1234
    @tamevv - thanks for your help! I’m still learning
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,213 Member
    @tamevv That's great that you have salad every night. I got burnt out on that when I followed the The Shred diet plan. Same for smoothies. Yaaay on doing some step aerobics when you were stressed and wanting sugar. Those habits are hard to break but sounds like you are doing it. I know what you mean about being a baklava snob. Did you do your sit ups? I need to figure in some core exercises to my plan. They are the ones I hate the most....and do the least.

@trooworld I think three years in a row now, I've had losses for November and December. I think because I come home from my dd's house having gained weight so I'm more determined not to get any fatter. Now to just keep this attitude up year round. Or not gain weight at dd's house. Both? LOL Ouch on the stye. If it doesn't heal up please go to the doctor to make sure it doesn't turn into something more serious. I still have to get yearly eye exams now because of the shingles around my eye.

@abts1234 Welcome to the group. I have bookmarked this thread. Some days I will reply to individuals but if I'm short on time, I just post about any good or bad choices I made for the day. It's really up to you.

Oh wow, I never posted this. Good thing it's still sitting here. Maybe that's what happened to my post the other day with @trooworld doggy and Santa pics.

Food has been OP. 38 min. cardio (hill/sprint program) I was having a hard time getting my heart rate up as quickly as I normally do. I was breathing hard and sweating. My resting heart rate has been at 51 last couple of days
  • theslightedgeforever
    @senoritafloridita woohoo on your weight loss. By not using the scale you were able to see a big jump which can be super motivating. Keep it up
  • Tamevv
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, I did them yesterday but not today……hang on……okay so just did a couple of sets and cleaned my teeth. Might be a late one, I’m just sitting up waiting to see if DH needs a ride so I don’t want to snack while waiting 😊
  • trooworld
    @abts1234 Hi and welcome! :D

@senoritafloridita Well, it didn't hold so I got some fishing line we will try lol. Thanks, my coworkers loved them! Daisy definitely enjoyed the pupcake! Congrats, that's fantastic that you were able to lose 15 lbs without hopping on the scale! Woo hoo!!!

@theslightedgeforever Both! :D It must be really hard to not gain weight at your DD's house. I'm sure you eat out sometimes there and just generally eat more. I think I will send another gross photo to my doctor and see if she wants me to go to the eye doctor, she wanted me to put warm compresses on 3-5 times a day to see if it would go away but it isn't. Luckily, I got the shingles vaccine so I don't think it's that. Great job with food and cardio! 51 is good as a resting heart rate, isn't it?

Hi all. We had a company-wide luncheon yesterday. Lucky for me, three things happened: 1) it was disorganized so there were long lines, we had to wait in a 30 min line to get to the first station. 2) by the time we got there, most of the food was gone not to be replenished. We got about a 3" wide plate of appetizers and some charcuterie. No desserts, they were all gone. 3) the food was cold (was supposed to be hot) and was horrible. So, I didn't end up eating much. BUT...I did go to a cookie party in the morning and had 4 cookies so that was my breakfast! I didn't eat dinner when I got home, I was fine not to eat.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Morning all, I know I have been MIA and I can't believe how long it's been since I posted. This thing with my back has just thrown a monkey wrench in my plans and in Dec. I am back to tracking and I think the back thing has made me realize that I am not getting any younger and I want to be around for my kids. This time of of year is hard for my emotions as I get older. I realized this year that my mom made Christmas to be Christmas...I don't want my kids to think of Christmas in a negative manner, I want it to be full of Joy. I have found myself eating not to be in pain...but guess what the pain was still there and then I felt worse because I gave into the lies. Today is a new day and I am working on my goals to make them realistic, yet to make me stretch to meet them.

I won't try to respond to all the post I have missed, just trying to be here in the now.. LOL

Cbabie
  • Tamevv
    @cbabie Great to see you! I’m heading out to work but wanted to say hi 👋👋

• trooworld
    @cbabie I'm glad to "see" you. Is your back any better? That's good you are back to tracking. Holidays are hard for many people, they are somewhat hard for me, too. I'm sorry it's that way for you, I do hope you can find some moments of joy.

Hi all. Well, I had a few NSVs this week which is good because I gained .5 lbs: I drank 50 oz of water, which is double the day before; I ate very little for dinner. It was enough, don't get me wrong, but it was less. I'm listening to my body. I finished listening to an audiobook called "Healthy as F**ck". Yes, there is a lot, lot, lot of the F word in it but it is really a good book if you can put that aside. She focuses on 7 healthy habits:

1) Fill half your plate with veggies.
    2) Get good sleep.
    3) Back away from the booze.
    4) Meditate for 20 mins each day.
    5) Eat it all, but way less of it.
    6) Prep and plan ahead.
    7) Exercise consistently.

Here is more of a summary: https://waiyancan.com/summary-healthy-as-fck-by-oonagh-duncan/

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, SURPRISE, I am here again today. I have to make this short..baby is waking up and needs changed and fed..LOL. I tracked yesterday, went to the Chiro and he gave me some exercises I can do to help my back and to help keep me moving. I am just going to be happy if I can maintain this holiday season. I would like to lose 1 lb before my birthday...but we will see. I just don't want to gain. I am trying to make better choices and be consistent. My two goals this week.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    @Tamevv Wanted to say Hi back!!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @tamevv good job on following through on your habit. This is what is so great about this group is that we support and help one another on our journeys.

@trooworld There is more sweets around dd's house because she brings them home. Then I just get less movement altogether because her apt is so small versus my home. Walking from my bedroom to her living is probably 10 steps. lol But I enjoy being with her and then we travel together. I think 51 is too low a resting heart rate. I thought it was supposed to be around 60-70 unless you are an athlete. I'm not an athlete. :D It just keeps lowering. I guess getting more fit? I'm also wondering about one of my bp meds. I just changed it so it could be that. But then I get light headed at times now. But at least the swelling in my feet is gone since I got off that other med. There's always a side effect to deal with. In a way, the company luncheon was a blessing for you. Desserts all gone. Not too much food left. Your book sounded good. Sometimes we all need a little bit of F word in our life.....fruits, fiber, fitness LOL

@cbabie Welcome back

So far so good with food this week. I went to bookclub last night and still stayed within my carb boundaries. I ate light for lunch. First time I tried something called a Bao. Oh just realized I didn't log a mini samosa. Hope that didn't put me over. lol Checking....nope, still good. I took an autumn dessert and enjoyed every bit of it. Did not even go back for seconds. Exercise was cardio and weights for 55 min. Water, ugh. When I'm busy, I just think about it. Even if I carry it in the car, it just sits there. I'll get there one day and be a water champ.
    We discussed Wish You were Here by Jodi Picoult I liked it. The group had mixed thoughts on the plot.

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hi all. Been busy this week moving home. Finally got moved into a two bedroom bungalow. Area is lovely. I miss my old neighbours/friends who lived across the road from me but I'm definitely going to keep visiting. Have a great Christmas and a happy new year!
  • Tamevv
    Hi all, I’m struggling with food 😔. Had a gain which was expected, but it’s still disapointing to have to formally put the numbers in. It’s stress and exhaustion, I’m just drained and trying to finish the year. Work ends on Thursday. I have all the strategies, I just don’t have the energy for them. I’m keeping up the exercise and doing something extra every day as a non-zero, but I’m also craving way too much sugar. On the plus side there is so much around these days that I’m still saying no more often than yes, so that’s a win, but there are other flags popping up for me which I need to keep tabs on or the next month could go very badly.

Forced myself to do a step and strength class today but took it easy - everything just feels heavy. Was enough to close my rings but only just made it. I pretty much avoided everyone all day. I told them this morning that I wasn’t angry and nothing was wrong, I just needed a day to check out. I’m really grateful for them today, and looking forward to a good sleep and hopefully waking up feeling better.