LCD Chat...

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    @elize7 sorry that happened to you! It's nice to know though that other people have gone through it and it has grown back for them. And I am less than 5 pounds away from maintenance then I will be changing my focus a little. So hopefully my body will get over the shock.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    So... who dafuq knew a duck egg was 236 calories with 204mg sodium? Gimme more of that *kitten*!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Help! What am I doing wrong? This is just from today. I have waist long hair and this is not normal!

It really looks like more than it is. That's what mine looked like. My hair is to the small of my back. Us long-hair chicks end up with a pile of hair since they are all 2 feet long. Looks like Cousin It shed his winter coat! It should stop soon. We have millions of hairs. And when the body decides to dump a bunch like this it's super freaky. But there are still lots of hairs there.

Hang in there, Mary. I know it's freaking you out. It sure did me.

• AlexandraCarlyle
    I have short hair, and you should see the amount I lose, every time I shower. In the last few months, I could have stuffed a cushion....
    Still got a full head of hair tho'..... ;)
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    So... who dafuq knew a duck egg was 236 calories with 204mg sodium? Gimme more of that *kitten*!!

Not sure about the sodium part but turkey eggs are even bigger than duck eggs.
  • fanncy0626
    edited May 2017
    @baconslave and others that have responded to my hair situation, thank you so much for the new feeling of optimism I have. You know girls have boobs and hair and we don't want to lose either! I have kept what I have for almost 60 years now and don't want to give it up!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    edited May 2017

Not sure about the sodium part but turkey eggs are even bigger than duck eggs.

Turkey egg, according to MFP:

Fat - 9gr
    Protein - 11gr
    Sodium - 119microgr
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    I ventured into the Italian-speaking forum. I have one guy there, who's a know-it-all and insists I'm talking out the back of my lambretta when I talk about LCHF, diabetes and not needing carbs... His credentials obviously trump those of Drs Sarah Hallsberg, Jason Fung et al, and they are all talking nonsense, while he, or course is a font of Wisdom.

Jeesh. Can't find anything in Italian to support what we know. Bar one recent article on "Reducing carbs controls Diabetes, but yet there are those who impede changes" which gives links to all the recent, current and pertinent international research findings - all in English. Dio mio....

Hey check out this Italian PhD. Lucia Aronica and her take on low carb diets.....she is now associated with Stanford.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I had a particularly stressful day at work today because my idiot new boss is an idiot. Since I live in a rural area and bought a house only a year ago, I was going to try to stick it out. I would likely have a 3 hr. round trip commute for another similar job (i.e. within my career) because of how rural it is here. I'm actually pretty close to changing my mind and looking for other opportunities.

It is days like these where I really want to just eat carbs - chocolate or ice cream, or whatever. I'm going to do my best to not, but these high stress days make cravings hard to beat.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    midwesterner85, eating won't change anything but your weight. Do not go there.

Since it seems like another job hunt would be hard and you might have to relocate, try to get to know the new boss. I am sure s/he is insecure in the new position. Try to befriend 'em, and see if life doesn't get better for both of you.

Good luck.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    midwesterner85, eating won't change anything but your weight. Do not go there.

Since it seems like another job hunt would be hard and you might have to relocate, try to get to know the new boss. I am sure s/he is insecure in the new position. Try to befriend 'em, and see if life doesn't get better for both of you.

Good luck.

Eating might help me feel better for now, but not long-term. Anyway, this is someone I've known for a few years already. I got along with him fine up until a few months ago when he got promoted and his head grew several sizes.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Oooooh! Look at him getting all deep an' $hitt......

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Where were we talking about white and brown fat? My office is frigid this morning and I'm sitting here shivering. Hopefully I'm turning myself into a fat burning machine. burrrrrrrr

@midwesterner85 I throw rocks at train cars on days like that. The sound it makes when they hit is incredibly therapeutic.
  • rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    I'm starting to learn that certain cheeses is my enemy! My body doesn't do well with I think soft cheese. I'm just cutting it out all together and when I come down some more, I'll do some experimenting.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I cant do cheeses either. Just dont lose with them...even if I can contain the amounts I eat. Said bye first year of keto. Every time I've tried again...same story.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    @midwesterner85 I find in that kind of stress eating scenario, a really chewy piece of jerky or a very dry chewy pepperoni helps (but then again, I'm a tooth grinder/jaw clencher when under stress FWIW).
    retirehappy has a good point - they may be feeling insecure.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Congratulations @retirehappy!
  • fanncy0626
    It is with great joy that I would like to announce, not only did I hit my goal weight today, I was an extra lb. under that weight. Many thanks for all the great support I have gotten on the LCHF & Ladies group here. I had really thought I would never be here. I'm an older woman, will soon be 68. Just know the "you can't loss weight when you get old" manta is not true, I'm proof.

Now to decide my new target.

Congratulations! So happy for you!