English and Bad English
    :lol:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    I speak two languages...
    English and Bad English
    :lol:

I speak English and Country (redneck), personally.
    I learned a lot of French in high school and college. I forgot a lot of French since then, too. :lol: I know it's in there somewhere. I just need to brush-up and use that as a magnet to pull all that lost info outta the dusty, cobweb strewn attic.

Just poppin' in to help resurrect this thing.
    And because I'm procrastinating. :wink:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    baconslave, you sound like me. I learned some Spanish in high school and college, but now I barely get by when we go to Mexico.

Oh and I do speak Redneck, I'm originally from Texas. I still am fluent in Strine, even after not being there in almost 20 years. I won a contest at an Ozzie groups' meeting, and the others were all from Australia, I remembered more of it than they did. B)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I also took Spanish in HS and don't know enough to conversate. I have a few friends that are totally fluent. One if whom married a Mexican man, and the other loved in Mexico for awhile in the past. Similarly, my sister married a Sudanese man (now a U.S. citizen) and started learning Arabic. She isn't very fluent.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am jumping back in too - been away for a while again

I only really speak English but have been trying to learn French and Spanish - oh and I am getting pretty good at sarcasm too lol
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Ah sarcasm, another one of my language skills. How could I have possibly forgotten that one?
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I believe I'm more fluent in sarcasm than regular English. I'm learning Italian (slowly!) through Rosetta Stone. I can't WAIT until I can be sarcastic in Italian! #winning
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Ah sarcasm, another one of my language skills. How could I have possibly forgotten that one?

(That's sarcasm, isn't it....?)

:D
  • thecrowgirl
    thecrowgirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I mainly speak English,swear in a few different languages. I did start learning French in kindergarten through to highschool but really don't remember much at all. I would like to learn a couple different languages but so far no luck with it.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I love this article. It's almost as if he's desperately trying to find something bad to say about it - but can't!!
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love this article. It's almost as if he's desperately trying to find something bad to say about it - but can't!!

Good article and thanks. I thought he was pretty fair.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    EggToni wrote: »

Good article and thanks. I thought he was pretty fair.

No, I think you're right, he was... it just seemed amusing to me - knowing what we know here, and how to counter-balance every possible problem - that for every positively pumping plus, he had a negative niggle.... But I guess that's understandable.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am very thankful to posters. Even if I don't agree 100%, I often find something that is worthwhile. For example, in a discussion about low-carbs someone posted a link to the Schwarbein Principle. Dr Schwarbein is not low-carb ( I think her ideal macros are 60-35-35). Still, being an endocrinologist, I wanted to listen to a podcast.

The gem for me was affirmation of an experience I had 2 decades ago. My toddlers and kids were getting more social, so our longtime play group joined our local enmasse. We spent part of our afternoon playing with our kids enmassed (a freeform basketball, swimming, etc) then when they went to a class, we went to track and weight room. I gained weight! I decidely edged out of the 160s into 170s. My appetite did not increase. Frankly, exercising like coffee kills my desire to eat for awhile and I was no more hungry when I did eat at mealtime. I swore it was the cardio. Finally, Dr. Schwarbein says this is a hormonal response, when our metabolism is dysfunctional. And I had several of the things that create that kind of dysfunction: yo-yo diet, lack of sleep ( I was nursing), stress (lots of the good kind). Bless you poster!

The rest was less notable for me, because lower-carb/higher fat with IF is working for me, happily.

• Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Bonjour tout le monde! Che meraviglia questo LCHF!

(I'm very Cosmopolitan, you know.....) :D

Such a cunning linguist!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    So... what are all the cool keto terms in Italian?