What are you reading?

13»

Replies

• RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    I'm reading The Girls because everyone else is (and for my book club) and a fluff urban fantasy series for mindless distraction.
  • iris2811
    iris2811 Posts: 124 Member
    Also just devoured Girl on a Train - very unusual - great if you like fiction
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    edited December 2016
    "Fiend"

it's a love story about junkies living thru a zombie apocalypse. (really, it is; it's pretty good too)

0770436323.jpg
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Just found two books by Stephen King,hardcovers, in the thrift store. I have most of his books dowloaded but not those, very happy with my find but can't decide which one read first
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    And I am looking over three different Bibles, trying to figure out which one to use as my main one, because of the cataracts. The nice, light ones have print that is too small, of course, but the ones with bigger fonts are SO heavy!

Curious but why don't you use a tablet of some sort and down load a version on to it. Usually you can change the font size for preference then... I prefer to make notes to myself but Then maybe just keep a pad of paper instead? The option would be much lighter for travel and you leave the heavier one at home.
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    I am reading Mary Poppins by PL Travers (it's so light hearted and fun! It's my daughters school book... totally sat down with it tonight) and The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gains. It's a fast read. Very "them" if you like the show Fixer Upper. Several others with my kids for school.
  • ukexplorer
    ukexplorer Posts: 380 Member
    A piece of cake - cupcake brown
  • SuperNerd42
    SuperNerd42 Posts: 47 Member
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Thoroughly enjoying it- I'm about 3/4 of the way through and will be disappointed when it's done.

Next up is Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by PKD. It's a classic that I can't believe I haven't read until now.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    edited December 2016
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6879197-a-portrait-of-the-brain
    I'm not very far into it, but I'm super excited about it.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Intensity by Dean Koontz. True to it's name, it is super intense.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    I need a book