Fumpy diary

13»

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    What were your cals for the day? That is the most important thing and not if you ate something later. If it is causing you to eat too many cals, then you will have to cut back. Confession, I had ice cream and apricot pie last night, two servings! I'm not going to worry though because I think my cals were low so I don't think it really matters (I may not lose as fast doing that but I'm still losing),
  • Fumpydink
    Fumpydink Posts: 49 Member
    I think about 1700 calories which for me is maintenance calories. My dinner ended up being pretty big and then had two scoops of ice cream. I think my splurge day messed me up a little, i didn't really need it and I hadn't got into my stride properly before i did it. So not the end of the world. I think what bothered me is that i felt like my appetite had adjusted to one meal a day and then i felt like i was back to square one. Having said that today feels better, i dont feel as hungry as yesterday and i'm dragging my husband to town so i can kill some time.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited August 2016
    Don't worry about one day. Just get after it again! Good luck. I do find that I gain about 2-3 lbs from a splurge day (some days it's been as high as 4-5) but its all gone in two days after getting back on the diet. Most of the weight gained on a splurge day is just food weight and will clear out after just eating OMAD for a couple of days. My weekly weight pattern is gain 3 lose 4-5. In the end I'm losing so that is all I'm shooting for but it can be a little discouraging seeing it come back on temporarily.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Fumpydink wrote: »
    I think about 1700 calories which for me is maintenance calories. My dinner ended up being pretty big and then had two scoops of ice cream. I think my splurge day messed me up a little, i didn't really need it and I hadn't got into my stride properly before i did it. So not the end of the world. I think what bothered me is that i felt like my appetite had adjusted to one meal a day and then i felt like i was back to square one. Having said that today feels better, i dont feel as hungry as yesterday and i'm dragging my husband to town so i can kill some time.

Love your attitude Fumpydink, hope you and your hubby have a great time in town!
  • Fumpydink
    Ok so it's been better over the last few days, bit easier and I feel a bit happier and more settled. I hit up victorias secrets and got some lovely comfy bras (nothing ruins my mood more than an uncomfy bra), finally replaced my handbag and bought a few tops (i may be fat but that doesn't mean i can't rock what I have). DH also took me out for dinner (which I got nowhere near finishing, thank you OMAD!).

Weight wise (forgot to get husband to put scales away for me) i have been up and down, no real progress but thats ok. I haven't been massively overeating but I think my maintenance calories may be overestimating my actual calorie burn. I think its closer to 1500. Anyhoo weigh in is on wednesday so lets see what happens. I'd take a lb down and be cheerful about it, it's always been a struggle for me to lose weight so anything off is good in my books.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Fumpydink wrote: »
    Ok so it's been better over the last few days, bit easier and I feel a bit happier and more settled. I hit up victorias secrets and got some lovely comfy bras (nothing ruins my mood more than an uncomfy bra), finally replaced my handbag and bought a few tops (i may be fat but that doesn't mean i can't rock what I have). DH also took me out for dinner (which I got nowhere near finishing, thank you OMAD!).

Weight wise (forgot to get husband to put scales away for me) i have been up and down, no real progress but thats ok. I haven't been massively overeating but I think my maintenance calories may be overestimating my actual calorie burn. I think its closer to 1500. Anyhoo weigh in is on wednesday so lets see what happens. I'd take a lb down and be cheerful about it, it's always been a struggle for me to lose weight so anything off is good in my books.

What an excellent idea, new bras!!! Love your way of thinking! I tried EVERYTHING in the book to lose weight, and nothing at all worked for me, until Omad. I LOVE it. It will take some time to get the rhythm of everything going, but once that light click on...it's ON my friend. It's just going to take some time :)
  • Fumpydink
    Week 3 weigh in 177.2 - up 0.2lbs

Not surprising p, eatings been all over the place for the last two days, I get clusters of migraines so it's been eat when I can. Will carry on, sorry I haven't caught up with everyones diaries yet as have been a bit laid up. Hope everyones doing well!