Loose Skin

124»

Replies

• ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    this sagging belly fat is causing a rash between the folds... I saw derm and he gave me Nystatin powder but it is not clearing up ugh!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2016
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    this sagging belly fat is causing a rash between the folds... I saw derm and he gave me Nystatin powder but it is not clearing up ugh!

My doctor gave me a prescription cream, I can't remember the name off the top of my head, that was a combination of anti-fungal (which is what nystatin is) and steroid.

Ask your derm about that since this seems to be persistent.
  • 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Maybe I had fantastic insurance (or a very persuasive plastic surgeon) but they paid for a tummy tuck because my doc told them that I had rashes and hanging skin. This was about 13 years ago. They removed 10 pounds of tissue and cinched up my abdominal muscles. I had lost about 130 pounds. My tummy looked a lot like the picture posted. (Sorry, no offense.) I did not wait to see if it would tighten. Doc didn't think it would--probably would have some, I suspect. I would fold up a small cotton cloth and tuck it under my "overhang" when I didn't want to get too sweaty. I used a lot of powder too.

Unfortunately, over the years I gained about half of the weight back and I'm working at getting it back off. My lower ab is still flat as can be because the fat cells were all gone so fat didn't collect there. I had 2 huge babies with c-sections prior to weight loss. I've got a pretty big scar but it has faded out a lot. I wasn't a bikini wearer anyway. I don't know if you have been to a plastic surgeon but might be worth a try to see if insurance will cover it? Plastic surgeons used to give free consultations. Maybe insurance is stricter now but I was willing to pay for the surgery and was so happy that I didn't have to other than deductible. I think they originally told me about $5500 charge. Can imagine it would be much more now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I think a good doctor who knows exactly what to say and how to fill out the forms makes a big difference.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    edited January 2017
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    Down about 22 pounds now and wondering about the loose skin issues. How bad is it going to be? I'm losing very slowly, the last 15 pounds in 10 weeks.

Do strength training, that reduces loose skin, drink a ton of water, I drink more than the daily recommended amount. Get good sleep, eat clean, take vitamin E, B complex, Cod liver oil, Omega, multi. I supplement with super green protein powder and the benefits for my skin are amazing! Ok now you need to loose weight slowly and I mean like sllllllooowly. Try and loose 5-10 pounds a month. Do not just do cardio in fact I only do cardio once or twice a week and the rest strength training with heavy weights. Build muscle, eat clean and healthy, loose weigh slowly drink water and get enough sleep. Roll around on a foam roller for an hour at least once a week, they have foam rollers work out this is great to reduce loose skin. Lather yourself in raw coco butter and Shea butter, if not Keri lotion extra strength daily is awesome. Use body scrubs to remove dead skin and circular blood flow. I have loose skin on my belly from having a baby but it has improved significantly from the beggining of my fitness journey to now, now you can't even tell I had a kid where as before I looked 5 months pregnant now I only look 1 month pregnant. My arms I am worried about cus he skin kinda hangs but it was always like that when I was super skinny. And my breast sag to the floor but that's to be expected with F size breast and breast feeding, my country covers breast reductions so if your country does too and you have that issue you can get a male breast reductions hen you reach ur goals.

I recommend this for ppl who have stretch marks and cellulite and hyper-pigmentation or want to prevent this from happening in your fitness or weight loss journey. I got stretch marks when I lost 5 pounds in the beggining!!!! Do as I said above along with using oils like bio oil as well specifically for these issues along with raw cold pressed Shea butter and coco butter.

I have 40 more pounds to go so far so good. My cellulite and stretch marks have gotten better with this routine and my hyper pigmentation which was horrible has improved 95%.