People who have achieved any Kind of success

2»

Replies

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    The whole calories burned is tricky...due to how it is measured....if you use the numbers on a piece of equipment like a treadmill or ellyptical...the numbers on the machine are a lot higher than the numbers that you actually burn.
    I started with going to the gym, using a personal trainer 7 x per month, lost 12 pounds, then plateaued. Then changed gyms, was recommended mfp, stepped up the weight lifting to 4 x per week (1/2 hr) with personal trainer....reduced my calories to 1700 per day with 95% accurate logging and purchased a heart rate monitor. Now I am running a lot, working on my 5th half marathon. I am at maintenance weight now. I may lose another 10 but happy with the weight that I am now. In answer to your question, focus on time and intensity of workout...get a good sweat going (unless you are swimming) and change it up....find an exercise that is fun for you and that you look forward to doing. All change is a little uncomfortable so expect some soreness and appreciate it....that means you are working hard.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!