This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Waiting for Fine Young Cannibals song to end b4 getting out of van
    She Drives Me Crazy
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    Stressing out over my daughter (12)... she's being harassed at school and we've been working to address the situation. For the longest time, she didn't want to name the kids who've been bothering her because she doesn't want to be a snitch, or make things worse, or be a "baby"... It's caused her to struggle with anxiety and depression and she was referred to a therapist because she was entertaining thoughts of self harm.

She finally named two of the kids, and I took that to the principal and he dealt with it - not sure how - and those kids have been ignoring her... but this past week a third kid has really upped his game.

Yesterday, when his teasing of her didn't get the response he wanted, he told her to "just kill herself already". She was so broken last night, and angry, and it kills my heart. I've already reached out to the school, but, seriously... words DO hurt. So many people say she has to grow a thicker skin... but do we really want more hard assh0les out there? Or maybe, just maybe, we should tell the assh0les to be a bit more empathetic for once?

Sigh.

So sorry you and your daughter are going through this. No way she should have to "just deal with it" or "grow a thicker skin".

Telling someone what she was told to do is an atrocious thing to say. However, I think it's no less awful telling a kid in that scenario they have to grow a thicker skin.

Makes me nuts when people say that like kids are just supposed to shrug statements like that off.

Really does make you wonder if any of those same people ever seriously had anyone tell them something of that gravity as a kid or adult.

Hope for you and your daughter something gets done soon.

Thank you. She messaged again today near the end of the day. The boy was calling her a snitch, and getting his friends to do it to. The principal is going to talk to them, but hopefully in such a way that it's not a "she snitched on you again" moment.

Sometimes I wish that I could go up to these kids and say... What would you do if the kid you just told to go kill themselves actually did? How would you feel? Could you go to that funeral and look their grieving parents in the eyes? What about their siblings and aunts and uncles?

I know they are just kids, but I try to teach my kids to think about potential consequences, and I wish these would... because I think they're probably decent humans - they're just oblivious to the damage they are truly doing... and she's not close enough to them for them to be empathetic.

Empathy is in such short supply. :(

It seems like stories like your daughter's are all to common nowadays (which is a terrible thing). The one thing I seem to miss or don't find is where the accountability of the parents is called to question.

Going to the principal is a good move, but if the parents aren't getting notified for whatever reason (I know it happens to keep stuff quiet at times...I've seen it in the small town we live in) or they just don't care, pay attention, just don't want to deal with it or believe their kid is incapable of that kind of behavior, then the parents continue to enable it. That's an environment problem. It's got to start at home.

The parental accountability is often something that doesn't happen in these situations and the kids are the ones who suffer (along with their families).

So sorry this is happening. Hope you get some resolve to it soon.

It actually all came to a head today. She was hit in the back of the head yesterday with a basketball and they were taunting her. She wept a pot and talked about wanting life to just be over already.

So we went in and talked to the office again. They pulled the kid aside and gave him a really strong talking to and a warning that one slip would be it.

Well he went and send my daughter a message calling her a b*tch and then called on his friends to ostracize her. We forwarded that message to the principal thinking he'd watch out for trouble in the morning, but instead he called the parents at home.

About half an hour later, she got an apology from him. Saying that he got in really big trouble and he was sorry for being mean and he was going to stop.

Sorry doesn't mean much, but if he holds to his word, then maybe his cronies will follow suit. I really think he wanted to be friends with her but he just was incompetent at doing that, and got angry when his attempts failed.

In any event, we are all hoping it's the turn of the tides and that things will settle for her some. Lord knows, she needs it. And so do we.

At least they reached out to the parents and it sounds like he got dealt with at home in whatever fashion that took form. Hopefully they made it clear it won't be accepted there either.

I'd guess you're probably spot on with the idea he likes her. Wouldn't be the first time that move has happened because a dude is fearful of rejection or whatever excuse could be made. 😞

Hoping things are turning for the better for you both. Hug her tight. A lot. You seem like a wonderful mother and she no doubt knows that.

I'm sure it's very meaningful for her to know you're there. 😊

Thank you very much. She means the world to me and try to let her know every chance I get. ❤️
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Just signed up for the Look Good Feel better program for next week. Hoping I feel good enough for it.
    Such an amazing class where they give you cosmetics that are donated by name brand cosmetic companies to the Cancer Society and while there, they help you apply it if you want the assistance...
    Eyebrows...so excited for eyebrows!! Eyebrows started to grow a bit but looks hilarious..all patchy.
    I still only have a few lashes...maybe 6 on the left side and 1 on the right 🤣

That’s amazing! I’m glad to hear about stuff like that. Hope you feel good enough to go too!!🤗
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Just signed up for the Look Good Feel better program for next week. Hoping I feel good enough for it.
    Such an amazing class where they give you cosmetics that are donated by name brand cosmetic companies to the Cancer Society and while there, they help you apply it if you want the assistance...
    Eyebrows...so excited for eyebrows!! Eyebrows started to grow a bit but looks hilarious..all patchy.
    I still only have a few lashes...maybe 6 on the left side and 1 on the right 🤣

You're gorgeous, T. In and out. 😊
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Bubble bath and drinking tea while the cat screams like I'm murdering him. He IS NOT in the bath.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Bubble bath and drinking tea while the cat screams like I'm murdering him. He IS NOT in the bath.

Lmao! Cats I swear.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    The nasty four letter word
    work.. 😣.. but then again it's Friday.. woot.😂
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    6939feo6nmwj.jpeg
    Waiting for breakfast. I knew I should of grabbed my protein shake on the way out. 🤦🏾‍♀️
  • cdubks88
    Another snow day here so March break starts early. It's just me and my daughter today and since I'm feeling good I think we're going to do our nails and face masks and have a girls day. Maybe bake some cupcakes too 💗

Hope you have a blast! 😊
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Waiting for a Building Inspector,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,waiting ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,waiting,,,,,,,,,,waiting
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Maintaining the fiction that I'm going to get any actual work done today. So far the boss is fooled.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Maintaining the fiction that I'm going to get any actual work done today. So far the boss is fooled.

🤣love it.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Eating lunch while watching
    Ancient Aliens and popping in and out of mfp.
  • balanc79
    balanc79 Posts: 148 Member
    Ready to be done with work and go donate some plasma
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Lunch break at work. Debating if I want to walk outside.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Eating lunch while watching
    Ancient Aliens and popping in and out of mfp.

Which episode?
  • cdubks88
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Icing my neck/shoulder, and creeping on my pals.

Hope you feel better soon. 💛