What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    So I just got back from a walk with the fam...

It's quite as a mouse out and the park is empty...

We listened to an audiobook I got years ago, the Seal Survival Guide...

In it there is a chapter on how to survive a pandemic... It's pretty grim honestly, but so far everything he had said has pretty much come true...

The second half was what would happen if things got worse, like how much food you need not to starve and all...

Anyhow... It's a great read and if you don't know how to spend your audible points atm... It's a great read
    are we gonna die
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member

In it there is a chapter on how to survive a pandemic... It's pretty grim honestly, but so far everything he had said has pretty much come true...

The second half was what would happen if things got worse, like how much food you need not to starve and all...

Anyhow... It's a great read and if you don't know how to spend your audible points atm... It's a great read
    are we gonna die

Yes
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

are we gonna die

I don't think it's serious yet honestly, not here anywhere... It's just all the measures we have to take to make sure things don't get worse...

One thing I did learn from listening was...

3ft under is enough to prevent bacteria from reaching the surface, however 6ft is preferable so that wild life can't dig you up... And not near any water or resources

Make sure to mark the grave and use as much ppe as possible... I think he also said that cremation high up on a platform is preferable for things transmittable through blood...
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member

are we gonna die

Yes

You know the sad part is there shouldn’t be a food shortage if people were not hoarding. Seriously.
  • mommabear4315
    Still drinking mimosas and just about to watch doctor sleep
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Walked 3-mi in 90-degree heat & new, un-broken-in sneaks... dang, my tootsies hurt & I'm about to soak 'em. Could have gone another 2-mi, but my toes were so crushed, I had to hobble back home.

Two things come to mind:

I love that there were people all along my route... 5 cyclists, 4 walkers, several golf carts (I'm in Tampa, so that's a normal mode of transport for seniors) & lots of traffic. Home Depot's parking lot was filled.

Secondly... I really do need to figure out how to purchase a properly comfy pair of sneakers. I've got 3 now... none are completely comfy & all give me blisters... just in different places. Oh, bloody boo...

Off to watch a movie & soak my aching feet.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Watching Mike rowe talking to his parents.. 😂
  • mommabear4315
    edited March 2020
    Still drinking mimosas And now watching John wick 3
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Watching “the invisible man” and it’s great so far
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Researching spirits. The alcoholic kind.

I don't drink but I'm also starting to get bored after 5pm. I wanna be one of those cultured folks placing a bottle of Brandy in their basket en route to the cheese case.
  • mommabear4315
    Wondering what’s going on with the coronavirus in my area.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    winding down. Reviewing the day in my mind. Happy to be at home.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    About ready to hit the hay..🥱
  • mommabear4315
    Someone entertain me?!?!
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    6pjc9j4w40xu.jpeg
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Drinking wine