What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Blanching and freezing vegetables. Apparently. What a tangled web I weave when I purchase produce boxes from local farms. I should stick to the grocery store maybe. Who has time for this?
    Also….what can I do with 6 beets?

Feed your bears ??
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,167 Member
    Blanching and freezing vegetables. Apparently. What a tangled web I weave when I purchase produce boxes from local farms. I should stick to the grocery store maybe. Who has time for this?

Omg beets are my favourite.

I roast them and have them on a salad with goat cheese and oil and vinegar. They're best with basil (but I would have basil with everything).

You can pickle them too

🤤
    Thank you. I will try that. I went through a “juicing phase” and beets are supposed to be great for that. It tasted like dirt to me. But I made myself drink it anyway.😫

Ya don't juice them ick

If you like goat cheese try that. Feta and beets is common but goat cheese is a match made in heaven. You can peal them first but I just wrap them in foil and roast them until tender. Like in the oven 400 for half an hour at least they take awhile. Then I just peal them with a potato peeler....your hands will look like you murdered someone so make sure to take pictures to share. I have then sauteed them with maple syrup (I am Canadian after all) but you can just slice and have in salad. I think they have good healthy properties too. But who knows
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,741 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Feed your bears ??

Fact: Bears eat beets
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member

I roast them and have them on a salad with goat cheese and oil and vinegar. They're best with basil (but I would have basil with everything).

You can pickle them too

🤤
    Thank you. I will try that. I went through a “juicing phase” and beets are supposed to be great for that. It tasted like dirt to me. But I made myself drink it anyway.😫

Ya don't juice them ick

If you like goat cheese try that. Feta and beets is common but goat cheese is a match made in heaven. You can peal them first but I just wrap them in foil and roast them until tender. Like in the oven 400 for half an hour at least they take awhile. Then I just peal them with a potato peeler....your hands will look like you murdered someone so make sure to take pictures to share. I have then sauteed them with maple syrup (I am Canadian after all) but you can just slice and have in salad. I think they have good healthy properties too. But who knows

I do love goat cheese! I’m gonna try this tomorrow. Thank you.

I also made the mistake of purchasing beet powder much more recently😫

6tpgrul9hb9b.jpeg

• MelG7777
    edited July 2023

Feed your bears ??

cyll5edru4ek.jpeg
  • MelG7777

Feed your bears ??

crypilkxp48v.jpeg
  • Alinouveau2

You can pickle them too

🤤

Ya don't juice them ick

6tpgrul9hb9b.jpeg

Yikes.... although now I'm curious what you could do with beer powder....perhaps pasta.

I hope you like this combo. The sweet and tart makes me very happy
  • cowsfan12

Feed your bears ??

cyll5edru4ek.jpeg

Feed your bears ??

crypilkxp48v.jpeg

You beet me to this punch on these - pun very much intended
  • MelG7777

You can pickle them too

🤤

Ya don't juice them ick

6tpgrul9hb9b.jpeg

Yikes.... although now I'm curious what you could do with beer powder....perhaps pasta.

It’s a supplement. Lol. I suppose there might be culinary uses for it. I bought it because it was supposed to be good for health for something I was working through at one point. I can say with certainty that if you try it once and put it in your cupboard it does nothing. If used consistently I will never know.
  • Alinouveau2
    I'm making cinnamon raisin bread
  • Alinouveau2

You can pickle them too

🤤

Ya don't juice them ick

6tpgrul9hb9b.jpeg

It’s a supplement. Lol. I suppose there might be culinary uses for it. I bought it because it was supposed to be good for health for something I was working through at one point. I can say with certainty that if you try it once and put it in your cupboard it does nothing. If used consistently I will never know.

I've lots of vitamins in the cupboard making me "healthy" by sitting there forgotten 😂🤣
    Good luck with your beet experiment today
  • cowsfan12

You can pickle them too

🤤

Ya don't juice them ick

6tpgrul9hb9b.jpeg

I've lots of vitamins in the cupboard making me
    "healthy" by sitting there forgotten 😂🤣

Good luck with your beet experiment today

I just started a lions mane mushroom supplement supposed to enhance focus and brain function - prolly just a bunch hocus pocus 🤷‍♂️
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 744 Member
    Eating protein pancakes like Homer Simpson eats doughnuts.
  • cowsfan12
    jbs116 wrote: »

To the gift your lifts thread !!
  • Alinouveau2
    Waiting for my cinnamon raisin bread to bake
  • Alinouveau2
    Eating cinnamon raisin bread 1y8dj73mc3v2.jpg
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Sitting on my couch not feeling my best and hoping this warm pb&j sammich will make me feel slightly better
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,081 Member
    jbs116 wrote: »

Jeff post this recipe if you don’t mind.
  • Alinouveau2
    nhonw6uanv42.jpg
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 744 Member
    nhonw6uanv42.jpg

One of my favorite things to do