Age 50+ Trying to lose 50+

12346»

Replies

• Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Hi everyone! *waves*
  • rigmar60
    rigmar60 Posts: 34 Member
    yes yes yes please add me to. i am 56 and started my journey july 28 and lost 19 lbs so far.. have another 50 to go.. you all are great!!
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    kaui57 wrote: »
    Barefootot & Pamme54 welcome to the group! Funny thing is I thought all you had to do was post in a group and you've joined. Someone enlighten me if I'm wrong. Hang in there Pamme54. I always tell myself I can have anything I want, I just can't have everything I want.

Hi Kaui57
    You havent actually made a group , youve made an open thread . A group is something that you start in groups and you are the moderator of that you can invite people to join you can set up different threads in it like 1 for recipes 1 for exercise stories 1 for chat etc - but is other wise closed though there are some open groups not many anyway this is a thread in community and open to anyone who finds it :)
    cheers sharon
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    I'm a 50+\50+ too. I just joined MFP a little over a week ago and have been lurking around the forums. Is there a group to join or are we communicating via this thread?

Hi Atm you are chatting in a thread , If you are looking for challenges to join there should be some opening up for october thats always a good place to start when your new to mfp - have fun and good luck on your journey
    cheers sharon
  • horsetrainer46
    horsetrainer46 Posts: 69 Member
    Hi all! Same boat here, 53 post-menopausal, lost 82 lbs and got healthy and fit in 2010. Maintained easily until 3 yrs ago, got sidelined by a few injuries. Held on well until last October when hubby had a stroke and there went the ability to manage my own health and fitness. I fell apart and gained 25 lbs. Came back to MFP and made time almost every day to work out, and so far I am down 16 lbs and counting. We all need to support each other. This is definitely much harder in our 50's. Look forward to seeing all of our progress!
  • kaui57
    kaui57 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm back. Whew! I'm so glad you guys are all here and doing well. I need some motivation now too. I got a really bad virus the other week and was so sick. Still coughing. I lost some weight, but for me, sick weight loss doesn't count. What I really need is to get back on track with conscious eating. I'm going through a kitchen renovation and its crazy not being able to cook regularly. So guess what? Yes, I eat out a lot. I snack on whatever is around. Not good. I haven't even logged yet. Once again I need to pick myself up and try again, and I will. Feels good to check in with you guys. I'm still here for you.
  • kaui57
    Lol, I don't know what I made here. If it's a group, a thread, or what. All I know is that once I shared that I was 50+with 50+ to lose. I found those that can relate to that. This is my first time, for now, I guess I'll keep it simple. So far all of you have been great!
  • kaui57
    School is officially out and I ate like crazy through the whole thing. I have gained way too much weight and the holiday feasting has just begun and will last through the New Year. I felt like I had an out of body experience and when I woke up my body was bigger. Ugh! Ok, time to refocus, I thought I would start by at least logging the food I have eaten so far. It's all in the action we take, one step at a time, right? Sorry I've been MIA these past few months. I couldn't handle school work, work, renovating my kitchen, and other obligations and share here as well. Blah, blah, blah. I'm getting up and dusting myself off, again. Whew! Thanks for letting me vent.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    I'm 69 and still trying lol !!!o
  • kaui57
    Welcome dejavuohlala! Just like me, keep trying, we'll get it one day. I'm behind you. Good luck!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    kaui57 wrote: »
    Welcome dejavuohlala! Just like me, keep trying, we'll get it one day. I'm behind you. Good luck!

Good luck to you too
  • pisscat2011
    pisscat2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey all, nice group here. Looking to finish this time, 35ish lbs to go.
  • queensamearh
    queensamearh Posts: 31 Member
    Hello , feel free to add me. Let's do this together
  • KatyFlatlander
    KatyFlatlander Posts: 21 Member
    I am in! Day 3 Down 3.4 ! Off if Diet Coke (big thing for me). Working on my sleep patterns! 54years old and want to be down 80ish for my 55th BDay in October. One day at a time!
  • brohio2013
    brohio2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm 54 and need to lose 50ish lbs. I'm looking forward to getting to know others in this group!