15678911»

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Hi Mare--

Here is my thought for the day, and every day:

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sandy,

Glad to hear everything is moving along at your house, and as to that "remark" you were waiting for....well, the best I can come up with is "normal" is a "relative" term--the more relatives you have underfoot, the less normal it will seem!!!:noway: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Seriously, I am glad you get to visit with your son and that he likes to eat healthy--must mean eating healthy runs in the family.

Keep cool everyone. I am not ashamed to say I have AC--it was one of the selling points when I bought my place. After previously living with no AC during the Portland hot spells, I was NOT going to go through it for years to come.

So long all.

Barb
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,131 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: We are the ones who don't have AC......we have about four days each summer that get unbearably hot and we just get along with fans and light clothing......we have a ceiling fan in the living room, windows that open, and several portable fans.......many people here have AC but we're fine without it...most mornings it is about 50 degrees when I walk the dogs and I wear a jacket, hat, and gloves to keep warm

:flowerforyou: Marie, I like your thought for the day.....and how you are staying inside during the hot spell.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Sandy, someone told me that normal is 98.6 degrees :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Irene, you have shown me such balance, maturity, faith, and positive thinking through your response to your illness and chemo....thank you for posting and sharing your life with us.

:flowerforyou: Barb, I like your thought for the day.......it's something my mother probably told me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: I have posted the loss of the last pound to reach my goal......I will not be lowering my goal again......Jake says I'm at the right weight now and don't need to lose more.

:flowerforyou: today we went to one of those all day meetings with a two hour drive each way so there hasn't been much exercise.......I walked for awhile at lunch time but canceled it out by eating the lunch they served (pizza and salad)

:flowerforyou: Gayla, I'm glad to hear that things are progressing for Neil's new home.........even if you can't get to your weight watchers meeting, you still have us and we're here every day to cheer you on and listen to what you have to say.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: tomorrow is a new month and I'm starting to plan my new goals for the new month.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi again! I had a TV watching evening, just felt lazy today. It was hot and humid today which makes it feel hotter. We are into the 80's F this week which usually means a thunder storm in the evening. Neil found it hot peddling his bike and I whined a bit about not having A/C. Many people do have A/C but we have never done so as we used to spend most summers at the lake. We keep thinking we will be back to the lake soon so just have never bothered. Dave has the fans set up to take the hot air out and bring the cool air in in the evening. When I go to bed I turn the fan directly on me and so far this year it has been fine. It is those days in the 90's that I start to get a little cranky and we haven't had any of those yet.

Irene -- You continue in my prayers. So glad to have a post from you.

Barbie -- Thank you for the encouragement. You are a very good friend.

Marie -- Glad you are staying out of that heat. My aunt lived in Texas during a pregnancy and she found the heat very difficult. Her husband was in the military and he must have been doing some training there.

I will catch up with the rest of you soon. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • weaklink109
    Hey Everyone,

It is now August 1st, and since Marie is having some challenges with her new pc, and Sandy didn't mention intending to start a new thread--probably because she is still wringing out the sponges that Jeffrey emailed her:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: -- I decided to take care of business and start the August thread.

Here is a link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/109964-senior-golden-sneakers-august-2010

I am sending personal messages to Sandy and Marie so they will know this has been done.

Barb
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Happy Sunday everyone,

Just a note Wish Sandie a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY:flowerforyou::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone had good weekend. Its so hard to believe is August 1

Will talk later. Good night everyone.

Gigi:love:
  • weaklink109
    Gigi--You are posting on the old thread. We have a new one for August. See the post ABOVE your last one above this post and you will find the link.

Barb
This discussion has been closed.