Exercise at home

13»

Replies

• healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    mntnwmn477 wrote: »
    I workout on my elliptical at home, 5-6 days a week. I also workout with a barbell and I do some calisthenics. And I dance, looooove to dance. Just throw some headphones on and turn up the volume, great workout! So far I've lost 43 pounds since January, doing those things! Good luck to you :smiley:

Your workouts are EXACTLY like mine !
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Ive worked out at home for over 12 years now and LOVE IT!! Ive always just done Beachbody programs, started back in the day with P90X and have gone through almost all of their programs from there. lost 80 pounds since kid #3 and now Im strength training, using the containers to count macros and doing Hammer & Chisel! LOVE my home gym;) I just feel more focused when I follow a program that is set up and laid out for me I just have to follow the calendar and eat the nutrition according to the activity level and i see results!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    I have DVDs - Rosemary Conley, Davina McCall and my new fave Lorraine Kelly - plus Wii Zumba 2 and Wii Zumba core. I have 1.5kg hand weights for use with the DVDs, plus 0.5kg wrist/ankle weights I got cheap and use sometimes for extra effort doing workouts.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    edited August 2016
    BTW, if you want a "gym" but don't have a lot of room. A stationary bike is very compact and good cardio (find some spin classes on youtube to follow) and they're cheap (especially used). Then an exercise ball, and walmart sells a dumbbell set for about $25. It's sand (I think) filled weights and the weight is interchangeable on the dumbbells. It's 40lbs of weight total I believe (I bought the set so I could shove some weight in my ruck and not try to get 35lbs of canned food in there, lol). If you want 40lbs per hand just buy 2 and that's about $50. Which isn't a lot. Or buy some resistance bands. We either built some of our stuff (the pullup bar) or bought it all used off craigslist too, that's a definite resource to look into. And if you want a pullup bar the one that goes in the doorway that you don't screw into the frame works great and doesn't cost much. I've used it with my suspension straps before too. Just make sure you're on the correct side while using it or you'll fall.

I think back in the day I paid $50/month for a YMCA membership because they did childcare as well and we lived in upstate NY so I couldn't run outside with a jogging stroller in the snow. So, for maybe $200 you can get a mini gym in your home.
  • Mari0810
    Mari0810 Posts: 20 Member
    Mari0810 wrote: »
    I do workout DVDs, 21DFX. Worked great for me!

Nice Mari. What's 31dfx?

It's a 21 day workout program that comes with meal planning. Love it, I've gotten great results with it!