Stalled after just 2 weeks. HELP

13»

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    What you are describing, being under 1000 calories a day...your food choices resulting in having to take anti-constipation medicine....that isn't healthy. I shouldn't have to tell you that, it should be really obvious.

Please stop doing that to yourself. Eat more food, eat a broader range of food and include some fiber in your diet and some carbs don't just try to subside on sub-1000 calorie lean protein that is not at all healthy or sustainable.
  • Aaron_K123
    Also the 10 pounds in 2 week loss was almost certainly mostly water given you probably cut out almost all sodium from your diet thus drastically reducing the amount of water your body was naturally storing to equalize the ions from the sodium.

Your diet is drastic, unnecessary and unsustainable. Instead just eat normally but count your calories and establish a small deficit and then do that until you reach your goal over time. Don't become impatient and try to rush it, it won't work.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    If you aren't already, use a digital food scale and weigh and log all the foods you eat in grams (minus liquids). No more cups/spoons for solid food.
  • Aaron_K123
    Lets put this another way.

Your body will attempt to maintain its weight. I don't know your specs but lets say you maintain at 3000 calories a day but you eat 800 calories a day. That means your body will make that 2200 calories up by burning both your muscle and your fat. But thats good right? Well, not really. For one gaining muscle is very difficult and muscle is going to be what increases your BMR and makes it easier for you to keep at a healthy weight, the more you lose the more difficult that will be so you really don't want to eat so little that you lose muscle, you just want to lose fat.

For another lets pretend that that 2200 deficit is made up just by burning fat. Lets also say that 15% of your calories in that 800 calories is from fat (because its almost impossible to avoid fat entirely). That means that 2350 out of your 3000 calories is from fat. That means a whoping 78% of your calories are derived from fat. That is an insanely high fat diet, what do you think that is going to do to your digestive health and blood flow if you keep that up?

Chill out, eat at a modest deficit...if you maintain at 3000 calories then eat 2250 a day, that would still be a very respectable 1.5 pound loss per week.

Eating 800 calories a day is insane...I'm not trying to offend you but I'm trying to get your attention at least in the hopes you quit doing that to yourself.
  • NVBibby
    NVBibby Posts: 14 Member
    Please please please start eating more!!! You will screw up your metabolism by under eating:(
  • PamWOhio
    PamWOhio Posts: 120 Member
    edited August 2016
    Here are my stats. I am 47 year old woman. 5'3" and currently 194lbs. Depending on which of the 3 you look at (they were all fairly close), my BMR ranged from 1489-1577 depending on which of the 3 sites you go by. My TDEE which I guess is the number I need to stay focused on with calorie intake ranges from 1727-1830. If I understand this correctly, I need to take in 500 calories less than my TDEE for a 1lb loss a week. So taking in just over 1200. (This is assuming that I only do the very light activity I listed). I had crap for lunch because I was annoyed so I ate the Mcdonalds double cheeseburger in the fridge and it was damn good...lol. For dinner I had 3.67 ounces of boneless pork loin and a good helping of mashed potatoes. I had to force myself to finish it. I haven't been eating breakfast so I will try tomorrow to eat shortly after getting up with hubby at 6 a.m. When I was eating breakfast I was doing 2 eggs, a piece or 2 of turkey bacon, cheese on my eggs and a piece of wheat toast. If I can start doing that gain and eating lunch and dinner, I should be right where I need to be.
  • PamWOhio
    For the TDEE, I put in that I was mostly sedentary....in the house sitting or laying down most of the time with some walking. I have been going outside a few times a day doing 10 minute walks at 3.5mph. not much but something.
  • PamWOhio
    Oh...and for the record, I felt like complete CRAP after eating that burger. I felt tired and lethargic...I made myself go out and walk right after and when I sat down and tried standing back up I was dizzy and felt icky for a couple of hours. I won't be doing that again.
  • minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    There is nothing wrong with seeking advice!! Don't let anyone bring you down or make you feel that way (some people's knowledge and advice can come off with attitude but just ignore it) the great thing about MFP is that you can look at goals and your nutrition breakdown and try different things to find what works for you!! Good luck! Don't give up!! We ourselves are our toughest critics and can be our own worst enemies!! Just stick to it <3
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    well, youre constipated cause your diet sucks. #sorrynotsorry

theres no fresh fruit or veg, a whole lotta processed crap, and inaccurate weights and logging.

forget where the freezer aisle is, go to the fresh meat, deli and produce sections, and buy real food.

Because of the inaccurate weights, I would also wager you are eating more than you think you are. Add that in with the literal s.hit stuck inside you, there's your weight.

I agree with all this except for the bold parts. Food type has nothing to with weight loss.

no, but it does have to do with overall nutrition, and is quite likely contributing to the constipation
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    well, youre constipated cause your diet sucks. #sorrynotsorry

theres no fresh fruit or veg, a whole lotta processed crap, and inaccurate weights and logging.

forget where the freezer aisle is, go to the fresh meat, deli and produce sections, and buy real food.

Because of the inaccurate weights, I would also wager you are eating more than you think you are. Add that in with the literal s.hit stuck inside you, there's your weight.

I agree with all this except for the bold parts. Food type has nothing to with weight loss.

I don't think they were saying her crap diet is preventing fat loss. But that her crap diet is causing her constipation and she should sort that out.

Sheesh, I'm so stuck on this weight loss thing! :D Seriously, guys, thanks for the clarification, and I think you're right.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited August 2016
    PamWOhio wrote: »
    Oh...and for the record, I felt like complete CRAP after eating that burger. I felt tired and lethargic...I made myself go out and walk right after and when I sat down and tried standing back up I was dizzy and felt icky for a couple of hours. I won't be doing that again.

It's completely normal to feel tired after eating. When your body is digesting food, it directs blood and oxygen towards the gut, and there are neurotransmitters released that give you the feeling of tiredness/lethargy. From an evolutionary point of view, your body thinks you've just killed and eaten something, and now it wants you to conserve energy and digest the meal you already have, versus pushing you to hunt for your next meal. You can see this in animals, too - there's a hunt/kill/eat/sleep pattern in predators like cats. At least up to a point, hunger increases alertness and fullness increases fatigue.

I wouldn't push yourself to go out and walk right after a meal, for the reason your body is spending its effort on digestion. I feel like garbage, too, if I seriously exert myself on a full stomach. I always wait a while after a big meal to do any significant exercise.