Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited February 2017
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I honestly had zero idea about that.

I feel enlightened lol

LOL! I thought we all learned that as we grew up and saw our clothing sizing change! :)

Well most of the stores around me growing up and where I live now only have odd numbers in terms of pants so whenever I'd walk into a store and it had 4s or 6s I would just be confused (because it rarely happens) so I would just be like, "Wtf is this? WHERE ARE MY FIVES?!"

Just walk from the juniors dept to the misses...odds to evens. I learned that many many years ago. :smile: If there are no evens, it is a juniors store. No odds, it is a misses store.

I do wish there was a true sizing standard that clothing manufactures had to adhere to. I swear I have everything from a size 4 to a size 12 in my closet - and they all fit (well not right now, but at my happy weight of 140!) me at the same time. So ridiculous.
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    5 feet flat and ~137 pounds. I usually wear a 4/6, sometimes a 2. I also wish we had the same sizing as men :(.
  • riley_kinnett
    riley_kinnett Posts: 60 Member
    I'm 5'6" 179lb and I can wear anywhere between 8-12. I have HUGE thighs and a smaller waist which makes it hard to find pants that fit, and also explains the deviation in pants size.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    5'3" 190 lbs size 11/12 in Canada
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm 5 8 and 230lbs. I wear a size US16-20 in pants depending on brand and my tops are large to 3x. Brands are so dumb!!!! But I'm big in the belly and small in the limbs so I usually have to get skinny leggings or something that won't be baggy in the legs
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    I quit pants completely in the summer. Skirts, dresses, or gym Capri pants at all times. Other than managing chub rub, so much easier and less frustrating than pants!
  • Majesticblondee26
    Majesticblondee26 Posts: 11 Member
    5'9 136 lb almost always size 2.. sometimes 0 when I'm in the low 130s
  • Majesticblondee26
    Majesticblondee26 Posts: 11 Member
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    5'9", 129lbs, size 2/0 depending on brand

Pretty much me. I'm 5 lb heavier.. used to be 125 which is my goal weight ;) yay tall girls
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    5'7", 164 lbs, size 10. I have a small frame though.

I'm 5'7" 165 and a size 8/10 depending on brand but am considered larger frame according to my doc and measurements.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    I am 5'2" and weigh 141lbs though am quite pear-shaped so my pants size is a UK 8/10 (4/6 in US sizing) though is does vary between and even within brands. I have two pairs of jeans bought on the same day from the same shop. One pair is an 8 and the other is a 12, just one is skinny jeans and one is denim 3/4 length shorts. Not entirely sure how that one works, I usually try on a size 10 and go from their in any given shop.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    I quit pants completely in the summer. Skirts, dresses, or gym Capri pants at all times. Other than managing chub rub, so much easier and less frustrating than pants!

Agree. Once warm weather hits - I am done with pants. I either walk or do cardio at lunch so I want cool after I shower and change. Pants are just too warm!
  • jodietownsend03
    jodietownsend03 Posts: 24 Member
    5'6 148lbs and wear size 10 x
  • cmdixon821
    cmdixon821 Posts: 1 Member
    I know this thread is old.... I’m between 145 and 150lbs and fitting into a size 2/4 (USA)... I suppose I have a more muscular build as I haven’t heard of women wearing the same size and weighing so much... I figure I have at least 30lbs on them
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    5"7 don't know my weight and size 8
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    I'm 5'6" and hover around 120 lbs, give or take, and I have a small frame. I shop everywhere, really. Depending on the brand and style/cut of the pants I wear anywhere between a 0 and a 3. Probably most of my pants are size 1 and 2. I've got a mix of women's and juniors sized clothes.

I agree on wishing that women's pants were sized like mens. They have it so easy! The inconsistencies in women's sizing is ridiculous.

I originally started at 190 lbs and wearing a size 14-16. Back before I had kids I was 140 lbs, super toned and in shape, and wearing size 7-8 pants. Now I'm 120 lbs, size 0-3, but in need of some working out and toning up.

I struggle with this a lot, I don't even know my pants size for real to be honest. Sometimes it's a 4 and other times it's a 6 or an 8. I just put on what feels good lol
  • PrincessMelodyj
    PrincessMelodyj Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm 5'10" 135 lbs. and wear a 0-2 in pants and 25-26 in jeans.
  • sexynurse801ms
    sexynurse801ms Posts: 37 Member
    I'm 5'6, weigh 195 lbs and easily fit into a 13 juniors pants.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    5’4” 192 lbs size 14 or 16 depending on the pants
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Sizes have changed and vary so much between brands. It shouldnt be that way. I feel like men’s sizes are more consistent.

Some stores, the medium is tight, then others, the extra small is loose. I wish vanity sizing wasn’t a thing.

I’m a size 6 usually, 27 in jeans. I’m 5’0”, 127lbs.

To drop to a size 4, I need to lose about 5 lbs. To go up a size, 6-7 lbs will do it.
  • lillyblack1982
    lillyblack1982 Posts: 61 Member
    I’m 5’4”, 132 pounds and I’m a size 10 on the traditional sizing chart based on my measurements. However, when I try things on at the store I’m usually a 6, sometimes a 4. It really depends on the brand since they all seem to make up their own sizing chart (and sometimes they don’t even adhere to it *cough cough Levi’s cough*)