lifters, whats your worst lift?

Options

Replies

• MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If anyone is curious - I am 5'2 ish lol and 25 and a natural blonde :D

But...do you like chocolate and long walks on the beach? ;):lol:

Hmmm. Chocolate depends on the day and there should be either mint or bacon involved there somewhere. I'm not a fan of cardio so maybe a short walk to the pizza place? :D
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Throws kittens and kicks rocks
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    All oly lifts are terrible for me. I can probably OHP 90lbs or so--haven't tested maxes but I did 80lbsx4 recently, and I can bench 140, but I can't clean over 100lbs to save the life of me and last I tested snatch, I maxed at 75lbs. Yeeah, I'm just gonna stick with powerlifting. Olympic lifting is not in the cards for me haha.
  • CoffeeYes89
    CoffeeYes89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did snatches last week for the first time and thought no way am I going to pull this off. Well I did. Power clean are worse to me than snatches.
    But...my top most least favorite left isn't a lift, but are PUSH UPS. I absolutely hate them. Probably always will.
  • jessmcd1986
    jessmcd1986 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    snatch grip deads and front squats...Going to pass on those two But conventional deads and low bar back squats are fine! and running.... running is evil, I'm sure all the other powerlifters out there would agree
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,978 Member
    Options
    I used to say my DL was weakest, since you're supposed to be able to pull heavier than you squat but I am the reverse. But at present it's easily my bench is the weakest, as I'm currently benching a full hundred pounds lower than my PR.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Add front squats. Nope, nope, nope, nope...

Hmmm. Chocolate depends on the day and there should be either mint or bacon involved there somewhere. I'm not a fan of cardio so maybe a short walk to the pizza place? :D

Well played!! :lol:
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I love picking stuff up over my head. Makes me feel beasty.

yeah, i love press. if by 'worst' we mean 'lowest weight' then sure, ohp is my 'worst'. but if we're talking about which ones we almost always look forward to doing, then mine would be press.

and in all the senses my worst would be squats. in 2+ years of lifting i've only had a handful of very brief phases where i felt like i was getting a glimpse of what they're like when you're NOT making them harder than they have to be. those moments were revelations, but the other 95% of the time i'm just fighting with them like a bear. they just won't settle themselves down for me.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Options
    Add front squats. Nope, nope, nope, nope...

Well played!! :lol:

Front squats are stupid.

Okay okay maaaaaybe they're not stupid but I personally am just not good at them. My wrists do not like being bent like that and if I cross my arms the bar hurts my front delts.

I did standing barbell press 115lbs for reps and was shocked.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Barbell rows. ugh.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Recovering from some minor injuries now, but of the three powerlifts, it would be deadlift for a few technique issues I need to resolve. My bench feels the best and strongest: I hit PRs every time I train it. In two weeks I hope to squat and deadlift again.
  • sventheviking
    sventheviking Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Any pressing movement
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I forgot about barbell hack squats. Those are awkward af
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Of the Big 3, I would say deadlift, otherwise OHP. At a bodyweight of ~210, my lifts are this:

Bench: 275
    Squat: 365
    Dead: 405
    OHP: 175
    Power Clean: 225

I don't keep track of many other 1rm lifts
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I'm too intimidated to even try them. I don't think I have the coordination! :D
  • MsSquatAlot
    Options
    I toally forgot about OHP I hit 135 standing for 3 today.... Maybe more like 2.5
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

I'm too intimidated to even try them. I don't think I have the coordination! :D

I love barbell hack squats. They felt weird the first couple of times but now they are one of my favorite exercises.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    For me it's doing one leg dumbbell calf raises on my left foot. I lost part of my plantar due to gangrene in that foot so it's not very flexible. The second worst would be knee exercises [squats/lunges].
  • MsSquatAlot
    Options
    r28n6oorohtd.jpg

:#
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Love Jeffersons hate zerchers