lifters, whats your worst lift?

Replies

• MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    I know i hate shoulders days! lifting the least amount of weight those days and i haven't been able to increase the weight lifted for a very long time. interestingly my shoulders are one of the most defined part of my body. i lift the heaviest on back and leg day and still feel those two areas need a lot of work still.
  • sarahkw04
    sarahkw04 Posts: 87 Member
    Bench. It's getting better, but it's still my weakest lift. Best is definitely squats. Got deadlifts coming my way at 6am tomorrow!
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    I toally forgot about OHP I hit 135 standing for 3 today.... Maybe more like 2.5

I'm floored by your strength levels. Very impressive
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    naculp wrote: »
    I toally forgot about OHP I hit 135 standing for 3 today.... Maybe more like 2.5

Thank you! My dad is a former powerlifter so I credit him for mine!19y3z3bsfbnc.jpg
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    After a bulging disc injury I had to put squats and Deads on "break" till I got the okay from my doc. I received the all clear a month or two ago and am trying to build my squat back up. Deadlift strength came back quick, but the squats aren't going as fast. Still not worried about it but it is my worst lift at the moment. Was stoked today just to get 255 for 8.

^^ similar situation and similar experience with the recuperation. DLs going up steadily, squats, not so much.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    I'd have to say power clean followed closely by my power snatch.

I wish I was fast and mobile enough for these to be a weak point for me. As it is I'm still struggling to get good, reproducible form on a simple overhead squat.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Add front squats. Nope, nope, nope, nope...
    If anyone is curious - I am 5'2 ish lol and 25 and a natural blonde :D

But...do you like chocolate and long walks on the beach? ;):lol:

Hmmm. Chocolate depends on the day and there should be either mint or bacon involved there somewhere. I'm not a fan of cardio so maybe a short walk to the pizza place? :D

Well played!! :lol:

Front squats are stupid.

Okay okay maaaaaybe they're not stupid but I personally am just not good at them. My wrists do not like being bent like that and if I cross my arms the bar hurts my front delts.

I did standing barbell press 115lbs for reps and was shocked.

@MsSquatAlot - Before you do front squats, kneel down on the floor with your hands in front of you, turn the hands to face you and rock back n forth for a few seconds, that should help to loosen the writs
  • MsSquatAlot
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

Hmmm. Chocolate depends on the day and there should be either mint or bacon involved there somewhere. I'm not a fan of cardio so maybe a short walk to the pizza place? :D

Front squats are stupid.

Okay okay maaaaaybe they're not stupid but I personally am just not good at them. My wrists do not like being bent like that and if I cross my arms the bar hurts my front delts.

@MsSquatAlot - Before you do front squats, kneel down on the floor with your hands in front of you, turn the hands to face you and rock back n forth for a few seconds, that should help to loosen the writs

I've done a lot of stretches for them, against walls etc. I have carpal tunnel so I don't think it's something stretching can alleviate at this point :/
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Overhead press. bloody awful. struggling with 40 lb.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

Front squats are stupid.

I do front squats and am going to try this! I stretch with palms on the wall, fingers facing down to the floor and that helps. I am doing pretty good getting them to bend backwards. Just wish I could my shoulder more flexible to start doing back squats regularly.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    So, now my back squat seems to hate me. Adductor pain unless I place 1.5lb plates under my heels. WTF?

Front squats are stupid.

Yes. My wrists and back hate them. I'd rather do goblet squats.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Squat. I can almost double my squat weight in my bench press.
    I've progress with every lift except squats!
  • sbubenchik
    sbubenchik Posts: 75 Member
    My bench press has always been my weekest lift
  • adub119
    adub119 Posts: 27 Member
    Deadlift is probably my worst. Bench is at 275 and squat and dl are both 455.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member

Thank you! My dad is a former powerlifter so I credit him for mine!19y3z3bsfbnc.jpg

I tried this earlier. Had to bail out!
  • Rururiri
    Rururiri Posts: 31 Member
    Overhead press is my worst lift and next is Squat :'(. I seem to do well with bench presses and deadlifts.
  • MsSquatAlot

Haha!! I prefer to do them standing because I can push off of my legs more. I bailed doing them seated

• 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member

Haha!! I prefer to do them standing because I can push off of my legs more. I bailed doing them seated

^^^ This... I totally am the same.. Can barely put up 70s (Dumbbells) seated, but on the machine or Standing I can put up more. Not alot more mind you...lol
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Squats, leg press - pretty much anything legs. Makes me shake and want to puke. Every time
  • aashwill
    aashwill Posts: 64 Member
    edited September 2016
    Squats are my horrible spot, over head press is relatively strong according to https://symmetricstrength.com/. 250x5 squat, 145x5 OHP, 365x5 deadlift. But I am still on the beginner program so hopefully these should even out. I am very wary of eating enoughto capture all those beginner gains, though. I already don't like the fat gain associated with it thus far. :/

e. Bench is impoverished too, 200x5 @225# bodyweight, but I feel like this is going up now, I've had to take some time off because I tore something on my second set last time.