September 2016 Move Your @ss Challenge

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited September 2016
    Sorry for confusion but my post did not register yesterday.
    Sept. 22: I added 20.05 miles of walking 7.05 and biking 13 miles
    Sept. 23: Adding 16.5 miles today of walking and easy jogging 8.5 miles of trails with kids and pups and 8 miles on the x bike since my foot is still a mess. So my 10k race is out for me on Sunday. Will see the podiatrist Monday and I am ready for the dreaded shot in the heel if it will get me back running again. Five weeks before my 10 miler and I am hoping I can get it done. Exercising my foot with ice rolls, tennis ball roll to break down any scar tissue, foot strengthening exercises, stretching and nerve flossing. It feels better but .....not what it should be.
    TTD: 333.18 miles

exercise.png

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,770 Member

exercise.png

now we are up to date
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,795 Member
    9/23
    24.99 miles
    609.54 miles MTD
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Walked 1.68 miles today.
    51.68/ 50 total miles
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Another great day for moving. Added 6.5 miles for a September total of 78.75 miles.

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Hi all, I was hoping I could pop back in...
    I've still been moving and my teachers' union was on strike for 7 days, so some of us even got a bunch of miles walking in front of school. A pretty crazy and emotional experience all around. I think our school will heal, but unless recall of board members is successful (it is in process), I'll be looking for a new school district next year :(

About half way through marathon training though! It's Dec 4 and feels like it's rapidly approaching!

I'll have to read the thread later to get caught up. I've missed reading about all your adventures :)

exercise.png

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    adding 7.2 miles
    146.9 of 150.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    clepant wrote: »
    @Kar: Your post made me laugh. When we had snowmagedon here one March, there were Dec. births everywhere.
    You are so right about what you visually see. I still see obesity when I look in the mirror 6 years later.

Oh yeah, the weather brings on all sorts of birth related things. It's been raining a lot here lately so everyone's water is breaking.

Well, you look incredible from my monitor :smiley: My body fat wasn't as low as I'd like, so I'm meeting with my dietician again in this coming week to revamp everything. And told the trainer I want a pow wow on just how much exercise and what types I should be doing. Sometimes I think I do too much and not enough of the right kinds. Still, if this current body is what I end up with, it beats what I started out with.

5.4 mile walk around the lakes. I saw the town's animal control van parked out there. A little disconcerting, there have been some rabid foxes in an area a few miles from here and I recently saw a fox near the lake for the first time.

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,904 Member
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Good to see you back, Scarfe. I hope all comes around right with the school and your job.

Hope your foot continues to improve, Clepant.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,795 Member
    9/24
    24.97 miles
    634.51 miles MTD
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    4.03 miles walked today

123.02 miles walked to date
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Sorry your foot is no better @clepant and sorry you missed your race. Hope it improves soon.I keep trying to walk a little further but it is a very slow pace for me and after 4 miles today, I was very sore. Like you I am trying all sorts of things from stretches to strengthening exercises. Time will heal I suppose
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,770 Member

exercise.png

heart walk this morning
  • clepant
    edited September 2016
    2essie wrote: »
    Sorry your foot is no better @clepant and sorry you missed your race. Hope it improves soon.I keep trying to walk a little further but it is a very slow pace for me and after 4 miles today, I was very sore. Like you I am trying all sorts of things from stretches to strengthening exercises. Time will heal I suppose

Thanks 2essie. It is what it is. I ran a full run for the first time this morning after a 19 day layoff. It was like being deprived of oxygen and finally being given fresh air. I desperately miss running and not the races. They just help me keep focused on a goal. But I honestly miss running. Just 3 1/2 miles today but it was heavenly. I paid for it later as my heel hurts and quads are sore. I don't need the race, just the run. Here is praying we both get back to good health again very soon. :)

• clepant
    Sept. 24: Adding 15 miles of which I ran 3.5 mile, walked 5 miles and cycled 6.5 miles.
    TTD: 348.18 miles

exercise.png
    r
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    09/22 - 18.0 miles hamster wheel
    09/23 - 01.0 miles walking
    09/24 - 20.0 miles hamster wheel

Total: 293 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited September 2016
    Been busy like sooo many of you but still trying to get some @ss moving in.
    Wed. of last week was only 7 on ex bike
    Thur. was 3 jogging on TM
    Fri was 3 jogging on TM
    Sat was 4 walking/ jogging TM + 1 mile on elliptical

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Got 6.0 miles in on the stationary bike this afternoon after lifting weights and that makes GOAL for me! :drinker:

Dave
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Walked 2.74 miles today.
    54.42/ 50 total miles
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    edited September 2016
    Run this morning and dog walk tonight

Clepant I'm so sorry about your foot :(

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.