.... I thought you should know.

Can I call you Maria and show you my dance/rumble jazz hands moves??👐🤞

Somebody's getting knifed.

Well....she wanted to live in America 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Would i be hated if i say, yeah, most days i feel pretty good with myself? But i do. Not saying everyone should, or will find me attractive, im just saying im pretty alright with myself. I dont cheat myself and my goal is to go to bed having done all i can do in a day. And most days I do......and at risk of sounding arrogant and conceited, i find myself not feeling unattractive. Again, im not saying im beautiful, to some i may be ugly as sin.....but to me, i like what i see when i look in the mirror....and thats not just the superficial looks stuff.

That's awesome!!

To be clear, my answer is totally superficial....I'm happy with my accomplishments and my day to day life, I'm just not so happy with my face :(

Wish you didn't feel that way......your smile is amazing and makes me smile whenever I get the chance to see it. 😊
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I feel pretty.

Well, if they get knifed, I hope it is in the one hand and not the one heart.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you’re defining it. We’re all self critical, but life is too short not to accept and love ourselves for who and how we are.

Personally I was being literal....and I totally have days where I look in a mirror and cringe or walk by a window and catch a "eek! Who is that?! Look away!"😣

.....BUT it's not everyday, and it's not internal, there are a whole slew of insecurities there we can save for another thread😉

I also think for me, so much or my insecurities about my looks come from aging...though I was even worse at a younger girl and thought I was less....those days are long gone thankfully and I will say I have way more "hai girl ....haaaaaiii!" 💗moments these days and can be seen even winking awkwardly at my window image on days I'm feeling cute!!

And lastly...while I wholeheartedly disagree with the rest of you who also see an unattractive side to yourself....I think it just shows we're again...not alone in how we feel.....THAT actually makes me feel good.😍....you beautiful *kitten* have a way of doing that a lot!🤗💖
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    I feel pretty.

Jazz hands are good deflectors😁🤗
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty.

Bruce Lee did employ them at times.
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    I feel pretty.

Bruce Lee did employ them at times.

He's the OG of JH's😂
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Would i be hated if i say, yeah, most days i feel pretty good with myself? But i do. Not saying everyone should, or will find me attractive, im just saying im pretty alright with myself. I dont cheat myself and my goal is to go to bed having done all i can do in a day. And most days I do......and at risk of sounding arrogant and conceited, i find myself not feeling unattractive. Again, im not saying im beautiful, to some i may be ugly as sin.....but to me, i like what i see when i look in the mirror....and thats not just the superficial looks stuff.

That's awesome!!

To be clear, my answer is totally superficial....I'm happy with my accomplishments and my day to day life, I'm just not so happy with my face :(

Wish you didn't feel that way......your smile is amazing and makes me smile whenever I get the chance to see it. 😊

Thank you so much!
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    No. There are certainly some days that I feel more attractive than others, the bad hair days, or if I've put on a few pounds and my clothes aren't fitting the way I want, but I don't ever feel unattractive.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am cause nobody IRL finds me attractive. Or at least doesn't say/do anything to show and/or tell me they find me attractive. Its why I started losing weight in the first place, to increase my attractiveness.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    All the time, for as long as I can remember. At my lowest weight, at my highest weight, single, in a relationship, engaged, married, always. My husband is amazing, he always tells me how beautiful and sexy he thinks I am. I just don't see it. Some days when I'm deep in a self-hate mode, his compliments are insulting and frustrating. I wish I could change my self-esteem :/
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    ellie117 wrote: »
    All the time, for as long as I can remember. At my lowest weight, at my highest weight, single, in a relationship, engaged, married, always. My husband is amazing, he always tells me how beautiful and sexy he thinks I am. I just don't see it. Some days when I'm deep in a self-hate mode, his compliments are insulting and frustrating. I wish I could change my self-esteem :/

This is word for word how I feel. And to expand on it my husband will comment about how something would look good on me and I always think to myself maybe it looks good on her but not me! I have plenty of tattoos on my body and he has said how I should get a few on my stomach and again all i can think about is how no one is going to want to see my mid-section especially with tattoos.

I truly wish I could get over my insecurity but it's so deeply ingrained from my childhood that I would probably go broke talking to a therapist.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Yep, I am cause nobody IRL finds me attractive. Or at least doesn't say/do anything to show and/or tell me they find me attractive. Its why I started losing weight in the first place, to increase my attractiveness.

From what I've seen of you on here, you've got more than just the exterior to offer, dude. 😎
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I felt ugly and unworthy most of my life, due to childhood molestation which changed who I was.
    I got into drugs and bad choices in men until I got into therapy, in my 30's.
    Now I'm 62, divorced a year after a 20 year marriage and living in a new state.
    I feel more beautiful at this age than I ever did when I was younger and I believe it shows.
    I'm at a healthy weight, am more active now than I've ever been and have a positive outlook on my life and future.
    After losing 90 lbs I have lots of loose old lady skin,
    wrinkles everywhere and old age spots but don't let any of that define me
    I'm actually dating a 53 year old man right now, never thought that would happen!
    So yes, we all have physical faults but it is not who we are, focus on your great attributes instead of perceived faults.

I’m so happy to hear you’re in a better place ❤️

• send_me_god
    send_me_god Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    All the time. Just self conscious about my body, but I’m working on it. You’re beautiful btw!! 💕