30 day plank challenge starting 5th Sept

Replies

• dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Day 16 ... 128 seconds
    Day 17 ... 123 seconds.

Both times I tried for 150, but didn't make it. Day 18 is 150 seconds! So from here it gets hard for me.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Day 22 180 seconds... dropped to my knees for about 5 seconds at about 2 minutes
  • DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    @Joanna2012B awsome hun!! well done!!! Just done mine - 2 mins in one then a second 60 secs - still 3/4 plank but at least I am doing them - will try full planks again for the next challenge - u seen it?? tagged u in it?? u with me ??
  • Joanna2012B
    Awesome @DebbieNeedham1 ! Yep I saw it!!! :)
  • dykask
    Day 18 (150 seconds) I did 200 seconds. I did it before eating first time in the day and that seemed to help.
  • Joanna2012B
    Day 24 180 seconds :s
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Day 24 - done but broken down into 3 60 secs - well done @Joanna2012B - you are doing amazing!!!!
  • gw186
    gw186 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm still planking along! Day 23 done, did 210 seconds with the last 30 seconds being a bit shaky. I was wore out, so I did another 90 seconds for more torture or fun? I haven't decided which it is, "Fun Torture"???
  • dykask
    Day 20 ... did 241 seconds! Probably the most I've ever done.
    Day 21 ... did 154 seconds ... okay the first one wiped me out.

Before this challenge I was only doing planking two or three times a month. I would do 5 to 10 planks pushing my total time to 10 to 15 minutes. I think the daily planking is helping build some strength, but it is a bit boring. I've be trying to read the newspaper while planking.
  • Joanna2012B
    Ok so yesterday I see i should have done 210 seconds I thought it was still 180. So today I did 210 seconds plus a 30 second plank!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Day 25 - 210 secs done - 1 60 secs and 1 150 secs - woop!!
  • Joanna2012B
    I was just sitting here thinking about my very early start to tomorrow as I am at a seminar all day. I thought I would do my plank for tomorrow this evening instead. So I go to check the length of plank for tomorrow only to find that tomorrow is a ......... REST DAY!!!! You have no idea how overjoyed I was!!!!!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    @Joanna2012B - pmsl!! nice one!!! Just an aside to show how well we are doing - I had a client pop over this avo to pick up his accounts - I am an accountant and I work from home - he commented that I was looking good, etc - I told him I have lost 20 pounds etc and also mentioned about the planks - he does triathlons and is very fit - when I told him how long I had managed this am - allbeit a 3/4 plank - he was seriously impressed!!!! made me feel a real sense of achievement!!!

Looking fwd to tackling October's challenge together - an onto more awesomeness he he he B);):)
  • Joanna2012B
    That is so awesome @DebbieNeedham1 ! It is so nice when someone notices your accomplishments and it does make it worthwhile!! I am so proud of you my friend!!! Hmmm a triathlete eh!!! That is a goal of mine to do a Triathalon! I have to master the swimming part though...I don't wanna drown!!LOL

I am looking forward to the October Challenge too....looks like we'll have a few more than just the two of us :D I am sure I am boring you by now!!!

FYI...I think we get a long so well cause we are in the same field!! I am not an accountant, but do the job of one ;)
  • dykask
    Day 22 (180s) I did 256s in one plank. It seems doing a plank or two everyday is starting to help my planking. However, my middle was pretty sore for a few hours.
  • DebbieNeedham1
    @Joanna2012B - ah cool!! Yeah you are probably right - like minds eh?? ;)

Yeah I am looking fwd to the Oct challenge also - hope that more people stick with us this time!! And nah you are not boring me - u have been great company and motivation!! So bring on the Ocober fun he he :#
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Day 25 done - or whatever day it is lol!! rest day tomorrow then the October challenge starts on Sat - he he he
  • Joanna2012B
    Aren't we on day 26 and it was test today!!! Did I mess up again!?!
  • gw186
    gw186 Posts: 6 Member
    If you started on the 5th then today is day 25. Today I did 288 seconds. TWO HUNDRED EIGHT EIGHT!! I had to seriously push it for that, maybe a little to much. That was about 8 hours ago and my stomach is sore, my shoulders are sore, and my legs are sore, feels somewhat good. My job is light to moderately physical, and I did the plank 30 minutes into work, bad idea. haha

So close to 300, amazed at how fast I have added time.
  • Joanna2012B
    Oh darn! I took my rest day today! I will plank tomorrow :/