30 day plank challenge starting 5th Sept

Replies

• dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Did two more days but nothing close to the 256 I did yesterday. Awesome job @gw186!

Day 23 (180s) - did 180s ...
    Day 24 (210s) - did 212s ... at least I held on for 2 extra seconds.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ok so day 25 I took as rest day ....

Day 26 210 seconds done
  • dykask
    Day 25 (210s) I overshot and did 260s in one painful plank. I will probably take a rest day tomorrow, my gut is feeling a bit sore and the last 4 days look brutal.
  • DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    Day 27 - done!!! 4 mins - yikes lol!! broken down and a mix of full and 3/4 planks - but done!!! ooofff!!
  • Joanna2012B
    Day 27 done 4 minutes! Oy!! Had to drop my knees twice but done!!!
  • Joanna2012B
    Day 28 done...dropped to my knees again....but done!!! :#
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    this is a staple in yoga. breath in and raise your back body up, keeping arms straight and breath out with straight arms and let just you chest drop, nothing else. repeat, flow with your breath. the breath is the most important part!

• EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    doing it correctly is the key. look forward and be as long as possible toes to crown of head.
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Day 28 done!! man it was hard thanks to my having a bad hangover - NOT good lol!!!
  • Joanna2012B
    You're a rockstar @DebbieNeedham1
  • dykask
    Day 27 done (240s) ... I did 305s. A bit painful but I'm rather surprised I was able to hold on.
  • gw186
    gw186 Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2016
    Great Job dykask on 305 seconds. Wish I was there with you. I am injured. Today would be day 28. On day 25 I did 248, had to really push it. Day 26 was rest day so I took it off with some soreness in my elbows. Friday my right elbow was very sore and became stupid sore yesterday. Maybe what could be called golfers elbow. pain on the inside part. Never had this before and planking is the only thing out of the ordinary I have done. I wonder if twisting my wrist using my watch as a timer was a cause. Maybe? ether way still pretty sore, 3 and a half days later. Counting today I have not planked for 4 days all month which is on schedule. Maybe tomorrow i will try, pain or not. I am just dumb enough to keep doing something even if it hurts.

edit: Decided I didn't like not doing something. A big goal was sticking with it for 30 days. So since planking was out. I am starting body weight squats. Just did 40, I was aiming for 50 for no real reason but my legs were done at 40.Wouldn't think they would be that tough.
  • dykask
    @gw186 it is important to let injuries heal. While I'm planking now I had to back off a lot of things because of elbow pain. It has been 9 months since I injured my elbows and while I'm getting better, tendons heal slowly. Anyway the challenge will still be there when you are ready.

I'm shocked I made it to the 300s level. I really didn't think it would work so quickly. I still don't think I can do it again, it wasn't easy.
  • Joanna2012B
    Day 29 complete 270 seconds done. Had to drop to my knees a few times. Went to the gym yesterday and didn't even think about my last two planks and went and did 10 sets of 10 push-ups. My shoulders are fatigued! What's dummy! :#
  • dykask
    @Joanna2012B no harm in taking off an extra day if you need it. You'll still be ahead of me! However you have one more day to go!!! What's a little pain? :cold_sweat:

• Joanna2012B
    @dykask....Rest day....what is that!!!! I can see the end! No pain, just tired! I will push through!!

You are doing amazing by the way!!!!!! You are a machine!!
  • DebbieNeedham1
    Day 29 done!!! nearly there - although we are repeating this in the oct challenge lol!! no pain no gain eh??? :s
  • dykask
    Day 28 ... 272s, I just couldn't hold on to 300 today. Just a 270 & 300 day to go.
  • Joanna2012B
    Last damn day!!! DONE!!!

Thanks for reminding me @DebbieNeedham1 :#
  • DebbieNeedham1
    @Joanna2012B - same here!!!! tore up the challenge sheet on my fridge lol!!! at least it's a while before we hvae to get back up to 5 mins again!!! well 26 days anyway lol!!! :s:s:'(:'(

Thanks to those who made it to the end and shared the journey with me!!! See ya soon on the next challenge!!