Honest Loose Skin Thoughts & Pics

Options

Replies

• tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm just glad to see a post about someone who's clearly enjoying their body and their life. Thank you for sharing, I loved reading this.
  • ShaDucky
    ShaDucky Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate your sharing and I find it very encouraging! I'm 57 lbs into my journey of losing 200ish... I really appreciate it!
  • ShaDucky
    ShaDucky Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Good job on the weight loss! You might be only using 20lb dumbells, but obviously you're strong as heck.
  • tammi65
    tammi65 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Very brave post , thank you .
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ShaDucky wrote: »
    I really appreciate your sharing and I find it very encouraging! I'm 57 lbs into my journey of losing 200ish... I really appreciate it!

@ShaDucky Awesome job, 57lbs is fantastic!! Congrats on doing it right! You encourage and inspire me as well!

I find this thread helpful, encouraging and inspiring as well! <3

• rorymason
    rorymason Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Very inspiring

• Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What a great post thanks for sharing your story!!
  • Burton_Bmc
    Burton_Bmc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Inspiring post, you are very brave person. Please keep writing!
  • strangethingsdone
    strangethingsdone Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This straight up made me cry. In a good way, though. An inspired, happy tears, kinda way.
  • nbkrlsk73
    nbkrlsk73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    AMAZING. Thanks for sharing.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's people like you that make the world go round. Well done.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing post. I have lost 85 pounds and I absolutely have loose skin. I don't care a whole lot and I also still hang out naked with my husband (and enjoy it more too). Great work and way brave!
  • dmankruoss
    dmankruoss Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I would rather have my loose skin than the fat any day. You definitely have loose skin, no doubt about it. After losing 200lbs myself I had the same issue. What I noticed is, as I got leaner the skin started to look better. Not sure if its true but I read online that getting lean helps with the loose skin. Not too sure about that.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    cyberbav wrote: »
    I don't know my start weight. I stopped getting on the scale as it approached 400lbs. I know I got a couple sizes bigger. It's been a long, slow 10 years with more stalls than I care to admit and a few injuries making it difficult for me to work out.

None the less ... the worst part about big weight loss is looking worse naked! I can't always get to the gym as much as I like but my last big push was when I was working a consulting gig with a lot of flexibility. I spent at least 3 hours in the gym usually 6 days a week. I felt great. Even the jerks at the gym stopped treating me like the "fat chick" and commented on the remarkable improvement.

Underneath is something else. Apron of skin & fat hanging half way to my knees that will probably be all the way once I'm done. "Batwings" "Deflated Girls" and the worst part is thighs (my thickest part) that hang like balloons half filled with cottage cheese.

I'm between jobs and back in the gym but my old injuries are worse so I'm down to 1000 calories a day plus working out only 3 times a week at much lower intensity. I might be losing half a pound a week. The most discouraging part? Knowning when I hit my goal that in order to correct what's left, I need a few hundred thousand dollars and the ability to not work during multiple recovery periods.

I can only look back and think "How did I get this way". Of course, I know the answer. Weight is protection. Food is comfort and a lot of food is sedation. The reasons why I'll keep private but to say anyone did it to themselves is only partially true. It's more a brain disorder than an eating disorder!

I do agree it's worth it to lose weight but so frustrating and really emotionally difficult to handle to be so disfigured after all the hard work.

A friend of mine shared with me how her friend lost a lot of weight and was able to donate her extra skin in exchange for free skin surgery. Try contact your local burn centers and see if there is such an option for
    You locally.

Thanks for sharing your story. It inspired me.
  • jgitau
    jgitau Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, I adore your honesty and courage to post this. You have inspired me to keep pushing. For a long time I have postponed My weight loss journey because I did not want to deal with my after looks. I started my WL journey a month ago because I figured I would better deal with ugly skin than suffer chronic illnesses due to my doing. Thank you for showing me I will love myself even with the loose skin.
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Well done on how far you have come! Just curious and I haven’t read other comments, have you considered surgery? It must be a bit uncomfortable Living with all the excess skin! Either way, amazing results!