Women lifting heavy - with pics

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    This is/was one of my all time fav threads... Sad tears for the awesome older pics that don't show up any more
  • slimcharm20
    slimcharm20 Posts: 65 Member
    Can't wait to see some lifting successes! @clambert1273 I hope most of the pics show up.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    bump
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Revive this thread please! Sad that so many pics are not showing up on the old posts. I'm trying to get into lifting, but have a bum shoulder at the moment (starting physical therapy next week). Definitely feeling discouraged that I haven't been able to progress & get the results I want. Would love to see the successes of others though!
  • larsivydody
    larsivydody Posts: 14 Member
    You look amazing. What is your weight in the second picture? Thanks

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    edited August 2016
    You look amazing. What is your weight in the second picture? Thanks

Hi - not sure if you're talking to me? If so, thank you, first of all. I'm about 122 lbs in the second picture and 15.1% body fat (gotten from a bod pod - so not 100% accurate). I'm 5' 6".
  • larsivydody
    larsivydody Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you for your quick reply.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Bump
  • Fit_Koko
    Fit_Koko Posts: 1 Member
    That's awesome
  • 71lmf
    71lmf Posts: 51 Member
    I love this thread!
    This is something I've wanted to do for awhile.

@Pinklacroix I resemble your before pics - how did you get started?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:blush: Leanne
  • healthhappinessfit
    healthhappinessfit Posts: 39 Member
    Such inspiration here, I can't wait to start!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    leajas1 wrote: »
    bd8xsipoz2y6.jpeg
    Nope, not bulky!

Amazing! What program did you use?
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    bd8xsipoz2y6.jpeg
    Nope, not bulky!

Amazing! What program did you use?

@deluxmary2000 Sorry just saw this when the thread got bumped. I followed (and still follow) a program called Thinner, Leaner, Stronger (you can download the book with that name by Michael Matthews which is what I did). It's part of his bigger company, Muscle for Life (muscleforlife.com), but the Thinner, Leaner, Stronger targets females (although I find it's really not that different than the version for males, Bigger, Leaner, Stronger). I love the program because I knew NOTHING when I started and it's extremely simple and straight forward. I went onto his website many times to ask questions through the forums and got an answer from him within a couple of days 100% of the time. I highly recommend this guy and his programs.
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    bd8xsipoz2y6.jpeg
    Nope, not bulky!

Was the new meaner, leaner you from just lifting?
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    Bumpity Bump
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I love this thread so much. I've just started with some strength training DVDs to help get ready for the real-deal once I've gained some flexibility and initial strength to actually strength train!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!