How often do you wash you hair?

1234568»

Replies

• yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    Every third day or so. I have a LOT of hair and it's a pain to dry.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    You can count on mfp to find people getting their panties in a bunch because they just found out that everyone in the world doesn't wash their hair everyday. People are always getting upset because we aren't all exactly the same with the same exact thoughts and lifestyles. But, this?

Who has their panties in a bunch? :huh:
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Every other day- how long is your hair? Can you pull up and back out of your face and off your neck while exercising? That should help with the sweat. Or just take a shower but don't use shampoo, just let the water run over it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited September 2016
    You can count on mfp to find people getting their panties in a bunch because they just found out that everyone in the world doesn't wash their hair everyday. People are always getting upset because we aren't all exactly the same with the same exact thoughts and lifestyles. But, this?

I guess you are right. I just misinterpreted some of the replies in which people couldn't believe that people don't wash their hair every day. Panties in a bunch isn't a correct description. I forgot I wrote that. I should have thought of a better way to say what I was thinking. But, probably I just misunderstood anyway. I guess they are surprised people don't wash their hair every day. They seemed shocked and to think it's impossible and that it smells and looks funny. And I was surprised by the surprise. I guess because it's always been normal to me to not wash hair every day. It never smells. And looks washed longer than others are describing of their own experience.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

I guess you are right. I just misinterpreted some of the replies in which people couldn't believe that people don't wash their hair every day. Panties in a bunch isn't a correct description. I forgot I wrote that. I should have thought of a better way to say what I was thinking. But, probably I just misunderstood anyway. I guess they are surprised people don't wash their hair every day. They seemed shocked and to think it's impossible and that it smells and looks funny. And I was surprised by the surprise. I guess because it's always been normal to me to not wash hair every day. It never smells. And looks washed longer than others are describing of their own experience.

Nothing on MFP should be surprising anymore. You've been here long enough for that. :laugh:
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm sure that the type of hair makes a difference but for what it's worth, I have fine, straight hair (but a lot of it,) that is pretty heavily processed (highlights every 2-2.5 months.) I wash my hair twice a week. Occasionally 3 times, at the most. I also live in Florida, so there's lots of humidity most of the year, meaning frizzy hair and fly-aways for me. I use dry shampoo once when it starts to get a little greasy, then I wash it the next day. I know a lot of people who wash their hair every day and their hair looks fine, it's just too drying to my hair and also, I don't feel like styling my hair every day. I keep mine in a pony tail or bun when I work out, and usually a pony tail or braided during the day.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member

I wish I didn't have to wash my hair everyday...unfortunately my thin, fine hair doesn't look good if I don't. I have tired the conditioner thing, just rinsing it, dry shampoo, nothing works. I am jealous of all the people that can get away with less washes.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Alidecker wrote: »

I wish I didn't have to wash my hair everyday...unfortunately my thin, fine hair doesn't look good if I don't. I have tired the conditioner thing, just rinsing it, dry shampoo, nothing works. I am jealous of all the people that can get away with less washes.

I do understand. My mother has thin, fine hair and she needs to wash it every day. I also have friends that do as well.