GBOMBs in October

13»

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,891 Member
    Another pretty good day...

B - oatmeal with hemp milk and chia seeds and walnuts
    L - steamer veggies with nooch, grapes
    D - big salad (spring mix, black beans, avocado dressing, tomatoes, red onion), a few rice chips

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,331 Member
    Wow, Mihani, looks like a fantastic day!!! Nice work.

No good food news around here, unfortunately. Really hard while we have company over that loves junk food just like we do and everyone is in vacation mode. 3 more days of that then time to get on track starting with a few veggie stews.

Tomorrow, rain or shine I'm going to get outside and go for a walk in the fresh air.
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Karrie your knitting looks fabulous.

Sorry to hear a lot of you are feeling blah :(.

I am very slowly adding food back into my diet. So, far I have found that the cruciferous vegetables are suspect. So, I will take those out of my diet for awhile and keep moving down my list of foods to add.

The good news is that I am figuring out what I have not gained any weight back from my fast. The bad new is that I have not lost any more weight just eating vegetables. Would be very happy to loose 10 more lbs but if I do not that is ok. Guess you can over eat on squash. Today, I am finally adding GF steel cuts oats. Boy, this process is going to take months.

Have been so busy at work, have not had time to exercise. So, that is my goal for November---get back to exercising at least 3 x week.

We are off to Rochester, NY this weekend to visit our son. Will be going to the Buffalo Bills/Patriots game on Sunday. Oddly, enough I do not own a warm pair of boots, so that is my goal for today. Also, plan on making food for the weekend for my family to eat. Alas, still not enough food in my eating plan to make a recipe. So, it is squash, zucchinni, asparagus, greens, and oatmeal for me.
  • Mihani
    edited October 2016
    Hi Terri! Glad to hear that things are going okay, but what a pain to have to keep testing, testing. I hope that you get it all sorted out soon. Have fun this weekend!

Another decent day, smoothie for breakfast, apple and an oatmeal bar for lunch, hummus quesadilla for dinner. Two beers were on the minus side though. >:)

Carla did you get your walk in?
  • Carla_wfpb
    Terri, that sounds like a tedious process but so well worth it in the end. I hope you are able to keep most of the foods you enjoy. Too bad about the cruciferous veggies! Hope you have a good time at the game and with your son.

Mihani, another good day. Beer is mostly just water anyway, right :)

I did go for a nice walk yesterday. We went to a state park on the ocean and walked along the water for a bit and then went on a loop trail through the woods. It wasn't a fast pace, but I was happy to just get out in the fresh air and move around. It did wonders for my mood.

Not sure what the plan is for today. So far we've had a very late start and are just getting ready to have breakfast. If we don't go anywhere I'm going to go up and down the driveway a few times to get some fresh air and might try to do some encaustic work if it isn't too windy and cold.
  • Mihani
    Glad you got a nice walk in Carla, sounds like pretty places to walk too.

Today I ate a bunch of pretzels at the office. Sigh. But I didn't eat anything else other than some amazing grass shaken with hemp milk before I left the house, so I'll just regroup for the evening and eat a big salad with lots of veggies and some chickpeas thrown in. I have a friend coming tomorrow to help me with a couple home projects, he will do the heavy lifting, and I brought some work home to do tomorrow since I'm not sure what time he will be able to get here. I also got stuff to make the OSG detox salad and the wheatberry and bean salad. That should cover lunch and dinner for the next while. I am going to keep at the smoothies for breakfasts because it's so easy to get in loads of greens that way.

I am going to my neighbor's for a small party tonight so there will probably be another couple beers or glasses of wine this evening.
  • Carla_wfpb
    I ended up having a Moscow Mule drink yesterday to join in with everyone else. A big mistake! My favorite drink (ginger beer, fresh squeeze lime and vodka) but I got a killer headache from it and still have a headache today. Hoping that I wake up feeling good tomorrow morning! We've had a lot of big breakfasts this week so I'm ready to get back to my morning smoothies.

Hope you had fun at your neighbor's party, Mihani! How did the home projects go?
  • Mihani
    Never heard of a Moscow Mule, Carla... sounds good though. I am finding as I get older that alcohol lingers in my system more, which is why I rarely drink during the week. I just seem to lack energy the next day even if I only have a couple.

Got lots done yesterday, my friend was here for about 4 hours. By the time he left my back was killing me and I was exhausted so I took a shower, ate a quesadilla and took an anti-inflammatory, crashed at like 7 p.m. So of course I was up at 3 a.m. lol. I had cooked the wheatberries but didn't make the salad so I got that done this morning. Haven't made the detox salad but I'll get to that tonight or tomorrow. Going to head into work early since I never ended up getting any work done yesterday and I really should have.
  • Mihani
    Busy busy week! Diet is all over the place, exercise is non-existent, but I am trying to stick to fruit and veggies and stay away from the pretzels when I get munchie at the office. I have more busy days coming up, but then boss is away for the weekend and I get some catch up time!
  • Carla_wfpb
    I have been way off plan and no exercise, so nothing new to share that is on topic. The best I can do is say that I had the dr. F blueberry banana oatmeal this morning for breakfast.
    Nutritarian November? Nuts in November? :p
  • Mihani
    I always forget the darn 1st of the month, thanks Carla!