TEAM SIX

Replies

• shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    We made it to 5th place last week! Let's see if we can get even higher this week and leave our overall 6th place in the dust! We've got two new teammates and all teams have been taken to 20 players so we've got a chance to have full team participation. Having 3 missing members last week really hurt our numbers but we still did well thanks to many hard working teammates.
    I was excited when I saw the 4 mile hike because I had just come in from a 4 mile run outside. Good thing we had some clarification from hawkins, I'll enter my 10 points after my next run :smile:
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Hi guys! Super excited to join you all! I'm hoping I can figure out the challenge quickly and pull my weight! I'm Veronica, 44, from North Pole Alaska. I have 7 kids. My older group are a daughter, 28 and boys, 27, 21 and 19. My 21 year old has 2 step kids and a beautiful little girl who is 14 months old. My younger bunch is a son, 3, and boy/girl twins who are 14 months old. Needless to say, I am super busy, but I try to always get my workouts in! I'm within a pound of my goal weight now, so moving into maintenance and concentrating on fitness! I'm going to go check out the weekly mini challenges and will try to figure out the spreadsheet when I get home from grocery shopping! Nice to meet you all and thanks for the friend requests I have already gotten!
  • akmomof7
    Ok, well, now that I have read the challenges for the week I am a little discouraged as I almost certainly can't do that hike. Hmm. I will have to see if I can find a sled big enough for all 3 kids and hope for warmer temps!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,826 Member
    edited November 2016
    w5umab5beamo.jpg
    Here in the Pacific Northwest its been raining for a few days. Luckily today is nice so right now. I'm out ony 4 mile walk.

Remember you can break it down into 15 mins walks or sled rides. While I was raising my 3 kids, in central Washington State, we did a lot of sled rides
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Welcome Veronica! Hope you can find a way for the hike. Remember you can break it up as you need! I have 7 children also but mine are all grown now.

Well team, can I say how excited I am for Kauai! We go to Hawaii every year and Kauai most years! Hiking Na Pali coast is our favorite hike and always go up to the "Jurassic" waterfall!. And a 4 mile hike, yes i was planning that for today!dwovk4v1uwn6.jpg

6nozq3cutupp.jpg
    tk7apt44e425.jpg

0z7o0ftormdx.jpg
  • akmomof7
    Well, I did one mile and let me just say I am sooo looking forward to my 3 mile run on the treadmill after that! Pretty heavy snow fall with 3 year old in one sled, one twin in another sled and one twin in a carrier on my front, exhausting! ! I will shoot for 2 miles tomorrow, trying to avoid the end of the week as our temps are supposed to be negative for highs. It is 1pm and I am sitting down for the first time today, nursing the twins before their nap. I really hate grocery shopping day lol!
  • scrapbookingtm
    You are awesome Veronica!!!
  • bloveless
    bloveless Posts: 34 Member
    edited November 2016
    What a Beautiful night as I put in my first two miles! We are enjoying record high temperatures here in Utah so I thought I'd better get out and try to get some of my walking in before the snow flies in a couple days. And I got a bonus as the moon came up over the top of the Oquirrh mountains. The BRIGHT full moon was amazing!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    WELL i managed to get almost 3 miles in tonight. Raining and cool but i did it so far. Hubby would be upset though because i was out after dark. But i had my light and stayed in the well traveled areas. No dark trails for me after sunset !! So i did 2.93 miles so far now i need to finish that off when we get a break in the rain later this week.
  • akmomof7
    Great job everyone getting those miles in! I have now completed 3 miles! I'm hoping to finish it off after I drop the preschooler off at school and then I will only have the 2 babies for my last mile. It is in the teens today, so it's comfortable out there. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 3, so I intend to stay in and enjoy the woodstove lol! I will work on getting the 4 videos done at least once during baby's naps
  • GrandmaJackie
    akmomof7 wrote: »
    Great job everyone getting those miles in! I have now completed 3 miles! I'm hoping to finish it off after I drop the preschooler off at school and then I will only have the 2 babies for my last mile. It is in the teens today, so it's comfortable out there. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 3, so I intend to stay in and enjoy the woodstove lol! I will work on getting the 4 videos done at least once during baby's naps

Wow, it's in the 50's and I'm cold, :):)
  • MonicaA2013
    Well i did it !! I got the last stretch of the hike done today ! I Got SOAKED the last few blocks of my run BUT i did it !! Yesterday i was 1.7 miles short. TODAY i did a 3.11 mile run The last .11 was in a TORRENTIAL DOWN POOR !!! Got home and looked like a drowned rat. Hopped strait into a hot shower !! OOMG that felt great after getting wet in 55ish temps !!

The next couple days i will work on challenge 2. As for challenge 3 i typically dont have a problem with staying in my calorie range, BUT tomorrow might be an exception. We plan to go out for little R&R beings its my Saturday. I will work with hubby on a small job so i will get a small calorie burn from that. AND i have my Aftershock workout i am doing now. Every little bit counts..LOL

See you all here tomorrow at some point ;)
  • So I've had a lovely bit of food poisoning over here so no eating or working out for me :(
  • scrapbookingtm
    I hope it hasn't been severe! and you get over it quickly!
  • akmomof7
    @beginforthelasttime16 oh no! Hope you recover quickly! How miserable!

I finished my 4 miles today! I ended up with a blister on my heal after the 2 miles yesterday (note to self- no athletic socks, that's what they make boot socks for, duh!) so I didn't head back out yesterday. So just after sunrise we headed out this morning (9:30 am, so not early at all lol). I was lucky that the clouds stayed out and kept the temperature up for us. It was 16 when we headed out and snowing on us again, but by tonight it is supposed to be -6 so I was grateful for the snow! I also got my dancing videos done with the kids. My 3 year old loved it! The babies were confused at first, but Elise ended up discovering a wonderful dance called "spin in circles until you are so dizzy you can't stand up" lol and Joseph did eventually shake his booty and stomp his feet, but I think he thought we had all lost our minds! So far on track to stay under my calorie goals each day! Hope you all are having a great hump day! Hoping you are already enjoying some real food after your procedure @GrandmaJackie !
  • GrandmaJackie
    So I've had a lovely bit of food poisoning over here so no eating or working out for me :(

I hope you feel better soon, :(
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    AMAZING RACE PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:
    DON'T FORGET THE "WEIGHT-TAB" ON THE SPREADSHEET WHERE YOU CAN DO YOUR WEEKLY WEIGH-IN!
    ALSO, PLEASE POST ON THE SPREADSHEET AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.
    IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DO A CHALLENGE, PLEASE PUT A "ZERO".
    IF YOU HAVE NOT EXERCISED, PLEASE PUT A "ZERO" IN FOR THAT DAY.
    THERE WILL ALSO BE NO REPLACEMENTS FOR NEXT WEEK.
    WE HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING HAWAII!
    MAHALO!
    :)
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    4 miles walked in three stages - was difficult to get a good proper walk in but hey, it still counts (one mile Tuesday and 1.5 x 2 on Wednesday). Videos done twice - liked the first one the best!, but not sure I will make the third challenge as I am having a bad time on the healthy eating front. Had an indulgent weekend just gone and a big family get together this weekend with a 'Guess the Cheese and Wine' evening! and my mindset is saying what the heck, wait until next week - I know this is wrong but the 'little devil' on my shoulder seems to be winning right now :s
  • MonicaA2013
    Today i will finish the videos. That will take care of challenge #2. I also got my one day over calories out of the way yesterday.. LOL SO as long as i keep my foods decent for the rest of the week i am in great shape for challenge #3.
    You are all doing great with your challenges too. Very proud to be on such a wonderful team with all of you. B)
  • scrapbookingtm
    Challenge #2 done! on track for challenge #3.