TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been off MFP for a while due to my Son having a accident which resulted in him broken his leg and had a operation, he's doing much better thank God.
    I'm now back and ready to kick this fitness journey back on track .I've been in these challenges before and look forward to meeting you all X
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Welcome @change04 Glad to have you on our team!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for an indoor option for the turkey trot challenge! And also for my woodstove. Brrrrmcdtkc1cljwa.png
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,681 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here freezing just looking at your post!!!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness! Yes, stay indoors!
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful that I don't live in Alaska right now...although it is a place I would love to visit. I thought it was cold where we are until I saw your post @akmomof7. Try and stay warm!
    Did the Turkey trot challenge this morning - took the dog for a walk. I don't usually take her because she pulls. We managed to do 4km in blustery conditions. It felt good though.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,833 Member
    Options
    Welcome @change04 Glad to have you on our team!

Completed the turkey trot on the treadmill since it's raining. Plus, I'll be staying at my daughter's for a couple nights so I want to get the challenges complete before Thursday!
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see some great challenges for this holiday week! I run a "Yellowfork Turkey 10" with my friends in a place called Yellowfork canyon every Thanksgiving so this will be perfect! The run is flexible, you can run a 10k or 10 miles depending on how you feel. That brings me to my gratitude list. I am blessed in so many ways but right now I am thankful for every time I can go outside and run. I never know what my knee is going to let me do. Going several months without running made me realize what a blessing running is in my life. I'm only able to go once a week while my fracture is healing but I am thankful for every mile.
    When you do your turkey trots this week, try focusing on one thing you are thankful for as you complete each mile. I've done this through several races and it makes the experience much more rich.
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @change04 I'm so happy to have you back on my team! I'm sorry to hear about all that your son went through. I'm happy to hear things are getting better.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    So for challenge 3, you have to state something you're thankful for. I know this will sound corney, but I'm thankful to wake up every morning to enjoy my wonderful life! I had a really bad heart attack 2 years ago and have been told 2 times since then that'll I'll need a heart transplant, but by the grace of God, and me listening to all the doctors recommendations, so far I'm transplant free! When you've been told a few times that that heart attack should have killed you, you have new appreciation for everything in life!

That don't sound corney at all! Thanks for sharing, :)
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to us all @starjam25
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    @starjam25 I agree. It wasn't corny at all! Totally inspiring!

I got my 5k walked today and will try to get the stretch thing in this afternoon to finish off this week's challenges. Not sure if I will get anymore workouts in this week, but I will try! You all have a happy Thanksgiving!
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    Options
    Completed the 5k this morning, I am thankful to God for His mercy and grace and for my husband who is so loving and supportive.
  • sth76
    sth76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for family, life, health, friends, and God who helps me everyday. On a lighter note, also Discount tires. They fixed our flat tire for free yesterday!
  • carolemaryrosslaura
    Options
    I am so thankful for so many things, chief among them are my beautiful daughter, my amazing sisters and brother, and MFP and all the people on it who have helped me as I work toward my goal of becoming healthy. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Very inspiring @starjam25,

I'll complete my 5k today.

Challenge 3, Giving God thanks for life and his continuous protection around my family, loved ones and friends.Also giving thanks for a second chance with regards to my health.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Challenge 3. I'm thankful that I am surrounded by love and support, especially from my husband, who works so hard for us which allows me to stay home and homeschool our beautiful children. I'm thankful that I have two beautiful babies who make every day full of love, brighter, and exciting.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I'm thankful for being able to watch my grandkids grow up! Plus, I'm thankful for my husband, daughter and son who have supported my journey on MFP. Of course, I wouldn't of been able to accomplish my goals without all the people I've meet on MFP.

@MissionEnforcer
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Today i will finish my 10k run with an extra mile because i split it into two days.

I will work on the dance exercises today and tomorrow for the extra calorie burns too.

WHAT AM I THANKFUL FOR ;

I am MOST thankful for my health. I am at one of the healthiest points in my life and i feel GREAT !! I am also very grateful for my loving husband, family and friends. They support me no matter what i am trying to do. Then there are ALL my MFP friends. There have been times that if i didn't have my MFP buddies to vent to, i never would have been able to get out of some of the funks i got into.

<3