My Journal - starting OMAD!

Options

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options

I'm impressed how much less I have appetite for. We had no time to cook and went by for a MCD meal. I couldn't eat more than half!! That's amazing since before I'd eat the entire meal and get myself some dessert to feel satisfied
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree, I've noticed the same thing. Some days I can eat almost a normal meal (as before), but most days I manage as most 2/3 or more like half the size. This is such a great way to eat!

A MCD meal is a good way of measuring the appetite, they're the same size everytime, and only wanting half is really telling. Good for you! thumbsup.png
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    What is a MCD meal?
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    In my mind it's a Mc Donalds meal, but perhaps I misinterpreted :/
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    sorry yes, Mc Donalds meal. Not the healthiest meal option I must admit.
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    I don't belive it matters if you have one of those every once in a while if the other 95 % are healthy choices. We have to look at the bigger picture :)
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    sorry yes, Mc Donalds meal. Not the healthiest meal option I must admit.

I like the grilled chicken and buy it a la carte for $2.09 and put it on the side salad. Sometimes I will buy the larger salad with the grilled chicken
    It doesn't have too many calories.

• 1MADGIRL
    Options
    They let us buy the chicken alone? Without the bread?
  • DebSozo
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    They let us buy the chicken alone? Without the bread?

Yes. It is a little known secret. If the cashier person is new insist it is available and a manager will show them which key to push. They will give you just the artisan grilled chicken without the bun a la carte! Then I buy the little side salad and pop it on top. They will slice it if you ask but normally I just cut it myself as it is tender.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Thank you! That's really good to know. I hope they offer it here in Malta.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    It's almost Christmas <3

My schedule has been whack with all the running around for gift buying/ gift making / events
    and I've gained a bit.

In January I'm going to start toning my bum and thigh area because unfortunately I still have a lot of fat accumulated here - and .... cellulite :(

How are your Christmas shopping trips going?
  • DebSozo
    Options
    We have presents wrapped as of yesterday. Last year I waited until Christmas Eve and ended up getting exhausted. This year I plan to have a less hurried day as we will be eating dinner with family that day.

I've gained a couple pounds this month, as is usual for me, but plan to buckle down after the New Year's Day. I am still determined to lose 10 pounds by the end of April/beginning of May 2017.
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    We've decided not to do gifts this year. Our son has nothing he wants and prefers money in his savings account and me and my husband are going to do something nice togheter later instead. Usually we go to visit family, but this year we're staying home as the holidays are so short. (They live across Sweden)
    It feels soooo good not having any plans other than eating our favourite foods, drink glögg (mulled wine with raisins), watching movies and playing games togheter.
    I'm going to have my first splurge day on christmas eve (as we celebrate here) and I'm really looking forward to it.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    We have presents wrapped as of yesterday. Last year I waited until Christmas Eve and ended up getting exhausted. This year I plan to have a less hurried day as we will be eating dinner with family that day.

I've gained a couple pounds this month, as is usual for me, but plan to buckle down after the New Year's Day. I am still determined to lose 10 pounds by the end of April/beginning of May 2017.

Same goals :) I wish I were more prepared this year with gifts!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    We've decided not to do gifts this year. Our son has nothing he wants and prefers money in his savings account and me and my husband are going to do something nice togheter later instead. Usually we go to visit family, but this year we're staying home as the holidays are so short. (They live across Sweden)
    It feels soooo good not having any plans other than eating our favourite foods, drink glögg (mulled wine with raisins), watching movies and playing games togheter.
    I'm going to have my first splurge day on christmas eve (as we celebrate here) and I'm really looking forward to it.

Mulled wine with raisins? That sounds good. Never tried it with raisins before
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    It is good, spicy and warm! A little bit too much alcohol for what I like to have right now though (there are alcohol free variants too, but not tomorrow) but it's only for one day ;) It'll have to be okay!

Are you going away for christmas or staying at home?
  • OMADhungerispower
    OMADhungerispower Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello! Checking in here and seeing how you're doing. Hope you had a fabby Christmas, would love to hear from you xx
  • OMADhungerispower
    OMADhungerispower Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    And let's embark on our OMAD journey together come new years! I'm following in your footsteps, and hopefully I can be a 53-er by Feb 1st! :)
    You're amazing, started in mid Oct and lost 4 kilos by Dec! That's 6 weeks!!!!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Hi!

I went to visit my parents for Christmas! :)
    Hope you all had an amazing Christmas.

<3 Yay OMADhungerispower. I'd love to have a partner with similar goals! I'm stuck in the 54s at the moment but its okay, its Christmas. Today I weighed in at 54.4 kg! Only 500 grams till I reach 53.something :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm at 54.0 kilos today. I feel like the scales tease me when I get so close to losing that extra bit to get down to a new level (in this case 53.x)

I'm losing weight from stomach and I think waist... so my thighs are actually looking bigger. Any advise on losing inner thigh fat?

I've been feeling really down lately (personal problems) and I feel like I need to lose weight more than ever, if for nothing else, for my own mental being. On Monday I intend to start doing a bit of walking