Workout clothes

124»

Replies

• JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Only when it comes to shoes do I pay more. My shorts & tank tops come from walmart (one I got from my shoulder surgeon). They've lasted me years.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    katadx wrote: »
    It's gross to some, but I go to womens second hand stores to buy things like shorts and tanks. I was them well so I don't care. Like you said it gets gross anyway! I would rarely drop more than 10$ on a tank or shorts. Sports bras on the other hand I will spend a little more. VS sports bras work well for me and are around 15$ a piece. Super cute too as a bonus and go on sale a lot!

I go to second hand/thrift shops as well for tops and shorts/pants/skorts. I find that you can often get brand new with tags or barely used clothing if you check regularly (which I do).
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited April 2017
    crevtion wrote: »
    I was just wondering about people's take on fitness attire. Do you spend as much money on it as you would on your day to day clothes, or do you tend to go for the cheap options since you will sweat in it anyway? Do nice workout clothes motivate you? Do you think you would invest more if you were closer to your goal?

I'm an endurance runner, so comfort, durability and functionality. So while they're not as expensive as a woolen chalk stripe suit, i don't skimp.

My shoes are Inov-8, and most of my shorts, running tights and tech tees are the same.

The last thing you need 15 miles in is chafing, or a lack of support.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I spend more on workout clothes than on normal clothes. When you add up the running shoes (not cheap) and the sports bras (also not cheap) and the running capris (yeah, not cheap) and the running socks ($12 a pair!)...that's pretty much my wardrobe. But being able to run comfortably is worth it.