Trader Joes

1235»

Replies

• racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    oh. Add their eggplant hummus to my list...low cal/oil free and so delicious. Great snack to have with their Persian cucumbers!

This is my favorite snack, too! I usually go for the English seedless cucumbers, though.

It's soooo good! Sometimes they'll have pre-sliced jicama sticks and it's good with those too! Or radishes. Any veggie. or just with a spoon hahah

• wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Rustico Bread.(low carb)
    Their salads.
    Almond thins.
    Dry roasted unsalted peanuts, cashews.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Irish Breakfast Tea
    Vegetarian Onion Soup (freezer section)
    Nuts

In the "less healthy" category:
    Hatch Chile Macaroni and Cheese (freezer section) -- Addictive!
    Movie Theater Popcorn
    Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Really good bagels, Portuguese rolls, and ciabatta rolls
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I shop there but can't say I'm obsessed w/TJoes. I find it expensive for most items, so I just pick and choose when I go there, looking for things on sale or priced competitively w/other stores.

Expensive? Wow...never heard anyone say that. It is considered very inexpensive here.

Now, you have. ;)

I live in the SF Bay Area where there are discount markets, like WinCo and FoodMaxx, available to me.

Trader Joe's ranks up there in price with Whole Foods, Sprouts and Raleys but each does carry some discounted (loss leader) and some specialty items only available at their stores that I look out for when I shop there, like the Hollandaise sauce I can only get at Trader Joe's.

However, for common items, I usually buy them where I can get them cheapest and rhat is seldom at Trader Joe's.

So clearly no where near this area. Very glad I don't live in CA. ;)
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hope228 wrote: »
    I'm so bummed. I went there yesterday hoping to get some Pumpkin Biscotti. It's gone.. :/

Pumpkin biscotti is one of those very popular items that disappears quickly. I don't think it is a supply problem as much as it is a popularity thing. They only carry these things seasonally, and when they are gone, they are gone. That's how it works. I know to go for the biscotti, in September. And I buy two of them. :#
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    cross2bear wrote: »
    No Trader Joes in Canada. apparently there is a knock off start up called Pirate Joes, but there is a court case around it. Closest TJ to me is in Syracuse, NY - with the current political and economic conditions, not worth the drive.
    @cross2bear
    I saw your post last night and looked it up, interesting. The guy that hauls it over the border has to charge outrageous prices to make up for the extra cost of crossing the border plus the Can $ vs. US $ exchange.

Someone was interviewing him and asked him about few random items on what they sell for in the States vs. what He charges. I found this to be a HUGE difference.. but I suppose if you can't live without your Jo-Jo's you might be willing to pay it. Jo-Jo's $2.99 US Jo-Jo's $7.99 Canada

So happy we have one here! Heading there after working out to get some apples and a loaf of 'good' bread and whatever else comes to mind, oh chicken breasts, raw almonds...
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2016
    Yes - for a few items.

TJ Garlic and Srihacha BBQ sauce - I put it on almost everything!!
    Riced cauliflower - although it has been un-orderable for the past month. :disappointed:
    Thin Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies - it comes in a big tub and is addicting, too! ~14 cookies/130cals not totally bad
    Shredded brussel sprouts
    French Onion Soup - in the frozen aisle
    Stuffed mushrooms - frozen aisle; forgot macros but not the greatest
    Freeze-dried roasted broccoli...so good - wayyyyy better than kale chips!
  • figures101
    figures101 Posts: 7 Member
    I have never been to tj so how do you use the red curry sauce and the cookie butter?
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Elaborate on the Dragon Sauce please....
  • foxandflora
    foxandflora Posts: 183 Member
    I adore Trader Joe's, and they were a fabulous company to work for... so much so that many of my friends stayed on as "crew" because they felt the pay was reasonable, they had benefits and the folks you work with all tend to be pretty awesome. (I found this to be true, anyway.)

I love the cauliflower rice, Trader Joe's cold brew (LIVE off of it, actually), Edamame Nuggets, Orange Chicken, Lentil Soup (to. die. for.) and all of the seasonal goodies. Honestly, I dislike their seasonal fall but absolutely go crazy when the winter holiday candies come in.

^.^ I also support their decision to carry Unibroue. Delicious beer.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    figures101 wrote: »
    I have never been to tj so how do you use the red curry sauce and the cookie butter?

Personally, I use any of their curry sauces to simmer whatever meat I happen to have on hand, which tends to be chicken, shrimp, or fish.

For the cookie butter, I use it by inserting my finger into the jar, getting a glob to stick, then licking said cookie butter off my finger.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    figures101 wrote: »

Their curry sauce I have poured over chicken and vegetables before.
    The cookie butter is delicious with apple slices, mixed in oatmeal, pretzels, or as indicated in the post above ^^^
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I eat cookie butters and other such spreadables with animal crackers.