5'4, 24 yrs old, 156 lbs HELP!

2»

Replies

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    How do you get out of bed in the morning to workout? I love the snooze button as I have mentioned before and I feel like I would be out of it and not as focused/motivated to get an actual good workout in.

I can relate to one of your other statements: that I will find a million excuses to NOT exercise after work! (I'm too tired, I need to eat, I need to digest, it's too hot, it's too dark and I'll get attacked, etc.) I actually use these as my motivation to get out of bed in the mornings, because I KNOW that I DON'T want to exercise after work!! And sometimes I still don't get up anyways. :ohwell: At those times--like just last week!--I tend to force myself to go after work, because just that one miserable workout in the heat when I'm already tired will once again keep me motivated to get up in the mornings.

I also lay out my workout clothes and/or equipment the night before, for 2 reasons: 1) I don't have to find them in my sleep-addled state in the morning. 2) I know that they're sitting there...waiting....judging me if I don't get out of bed in time... :laugh:
    Side note: I also know people who will sleep in their workout clothes, but I can't stand that, esp. in the heat of summer (no A/C in my bedroom!) but if it works for you, give it a try!

And of course, there's nothing wrong with exercising in the evenings if you decide you're really not a morning person. (I have a friend who does most of his workouts around 10pm to midnight because he hates getting up early.) You just have to find what works for you and make sure you do it! Good luck! :drinker: