Humblebrag complain

2»

Replies

• RredSonja
    RredSonja Posts: 307 Member
    edited October 2016
    Bras. I wear a small band with a relatively larger cup. I thought I was finally done and bought all new bras and dropped more body fat.

The cups on my new bras are all big now.

I've spent more money on bras on my way down the scale than anything else, and I've worn them seriously past when I should have.

Yep. I solved the baggy cup problem by buying bra inserts, I found them at Walmart in the bra section. As a plus, those little guys give you great cleavage
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    I feel you.

Back in May I bought five pairs of VERY expensive jeans (about 400$ total) because I had been really proud of weight loss and my old pants that I had had for ages no longer fit. And I stick to about two of those jeans for the coming months, then when I was preparing to wear one of my favorite jeans in the middle of the summer, they just didn't fit. I was so upset, haha. I ended up giving them all to my mom.

Weight loss is GREAT, but the constantly having to buy new clothes can burn a serious hole in your pocket and be very aggravating.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    I enjoy clothes shopping when im in the right mood / store / am not shopping for mufuckn PANTS!!! its the pants that ruin EVERYTHING. im short, no hips, thick thighs, weird potbelly and the way pants are cut these days , not one pair i can find will fit me right in every spot at simultaneously. It's truly infuriating. To add to the relevance of this post, after 5, yes FIVE YEARS of not bei ng able to find a pair of pants that fit at a store, i finally found 2 back in may. Then summer happened and i did not wear the pants bc it was too hot out...now that its pants weather again, GUESS WHAT DOESNT FIT bc i lost 20 lbs in the interim. I giveth up.

@Jackie_Paper Congrats on the weight loss! I can relate, (not to the recent weight loss, unfortunately, but of being short and not finding pants that fit off the rack) but there is a solution! Find a good tailor. Ask around or Yelp it, whatever you have to do, but find one. I'm not sure if with the 20 lbs. loss that will make it worth fixing those particular pants or if you need to find some new ones but it is so worth it. Just find a pair that fit your thighs well and the tailor can help with the rest. It seems expensive at first, but you will be much happier with how you look and it takes the frustration out of it. Plus, if you go to a busy tailor (sign of a good one) you'll notice the wide variety of shapes of women getting their pants tailored and it'll make you realize it's okay to be you!
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    I agree with the thrill and frustration of smaller sizes! Dress pants in particular - just a few pounds gained or lost can mean the difference between wearing a 2, 4, or 6.

This is a nice problem to have though. I have been maintaining for over a year and I still get a little giddy sometimes when I realize I can wear these sizes now. :-)

Congrats on your success!
    Thank you for this thread!!! I have one.

I love being being a size I've never been in my adult life. I'm thrilled! And proud! I'm also so frustrated. What is with it with small clothes?

I'm at my goal weight of 120 lbs (5' 3") I'm a perfect size 2 US but I still have daily fluctuations of 2lbs up or down from salt or alcohol or peeing 2x in the night. At 122 lbs I can't get the 2s to button. At 118.5 lbs I can step out of them without undoing the button. WTH.

When I started I had to gain/lose 15lb before a clothing size shifted so daily fluctuations weren't even noticeable. Now I have 4, 3, 2, 1, 1/2, and 0 in my closet and have to choose my jeans each morning by what I weigh that day.

Also? How is 1/2 even a size? Is that "half" or is that "1-maybe-2" ? They fit like my 1s

• Okohme
    Okohme Posts: 152 Member
    I've gone down 5 sizes. At each size I leaned to buy fewer clothes since there were things I bought then didn't wear before they no longer fit. So at my current size I have only a few things to wear--crucial stuff. My night clothes haven't been replaced in 3 sizes and I'm going to need to deal with bras soon since I am sporting the incredible shrinking boobs. But really--THIS IS ALL A GOOD THING FOLKS--WE ARE SMALLER NOW--YAY!

Yeah, I just altered all my jammy pants. They are waaaay too big and get all twisted up when I roll over a couple times. But also, because I didn't want to buy all new pants, I like the fun ones I already have, but also to add pockets. It went okay but short of surgering them, they just kind of have extra fabric that I tucked in.

Okohme wrote: »
    Man. That sounds like a PITA.

Thank you for saying. It really really is. I don't feel like I can talk about it because I can just picture all the eye rolls. I want to ask my coworker that has always been this size if this is normal or if it might settle as I go, but it's an awkward conversation to start. It might explain why she wears so many dresses.

The plus side is gaining weight won't creep up on me. If I put the pounds back on I will know it immediately as I'll have to put the new jeans away, not like before when I could pretend it wasn't happening.

The other plus side is 4 months into maintenance and I'm still giddy every day. I'm a size 2!!!

5 days a week I'm a size 2. The other days I could be a 4,3,1, 1/2, or 0. I have quite the system set up with photos tagged on my phone with each pairs corresponding weight.

Jeeze. Maybe I'll just stay at size, I dunno if I could handle the weird fluctuations.....
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited October 2016
    I just bought as much as possible, in a Size Large; with as much elasticity as possible! I rarely bought numbered sizes because they most likely, didn't stretch/shrink enough, if at all; to accommodate a size or 2 up and/or down!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    I read somewhere on one of these threads at some point (yeah, vague I know) that as you get smaller, there are fewer pounds between sizes. In pants/jeans. I'm finding this to be true (just between my 8's and 10's) but I originally thought that I was foolishly thinking I was a Size 16 to start when maybe I should have been in an 18 or 20. Then I freaked out thinking how I was probably looking so horrible spilling out of my already large (to me) size jeans. Then I realized (my train of thought is on high speed) that all I was ever wearing were my scrubs or sweat pants anyway. Then I realized all I was ever wearing were scrubs or sweat pants and what has my life come to.
    THEN I realized I just need to calm the eff down, learn from the past and be grateful I am comfortable in almost all clothes again.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    edited October 2016
    I feel your pain, ladies. I just purchased super stretchy fitness leggings so that as I went down I wouldn't have to replace them so much. These are like, bandage tight, lol.

I am noticing that though my girls aren't really going down in size, my band size is, so instead of having the band fitting to help hold the girls in place, they're sliding down out of the cups and in the band, space, and my bra slips UP. Yikes! I'm okay, I'll get fitted after I'm done losing so I don't have to keep replacing everything.

The shopping for clothes is fun, though. I just purchase a mini new wardrobe each time I lose an obviously large amount of weight and plan to sell and or donate my gently used 'fat clothes'. I'm drooling at what size I'll be in 8 weeks for NYE and highly anticipate shopping for it. The dress in my avatar is from like 6 years ago, which I still have so at least I know at 7lbs I'll be able to wear that properly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!