Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Flu shots? For them or against ?

Replies

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    kq1981 wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    KylaBlaze wrote: »
    I work in healthcare, haven’t gotten them unless forced at my old facility (it was either get the shot or wear a mask 8 hours a day for three months). Otherwise I have never gotten them, nor will again!

Where do you work? So I know to never step foot in your facility.

Um same. I work in a theatre, i wear a mask 8 hrs a day and we STILL get the flu vac. This is irresponsible and uneducated for a healthcare worker and NEVER in my years of being a nurse, have i heard ANYTHING remotely similar.

By "a theater" you mean a surgical suite/operating room? (For those in America, where "theater" is where we watch movies.)

Never mind me, I'm just passing through.

Yep, operating suite, we call your theatre, going to the cinema or movies :)
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited December 2017
    When i hear "health professionals" rebuting evidence based standard precautions for minimising transmission of infectious diseases in a health care environment, it absolutely dumbfounds me.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Canadian politics is a little....different. We had the Rhino party run a few years ago, which suggested switching our car lanes to the British Standard (left lane instead of right). To minimise disruption, they proposed a phased approach where heavy trucks would switch to the new standard first.

There's a reason why a country sets standards, guidelines, and rules. It's a collective agreement for the smooth running of a country. We couldn't build national roads, bridges, highways, or rail lines without collective agreement.

This works at the world level too. I am positive that the United Nations' efforts to improve child welfare has resulted in a world-wide improvement in the care for children. Even if their most effective weapon is international embarrassment.

Call it "drama", call it "doing whatever the government tells you" to do. It doesn't change the fact that vaccination saves lives. Lots of lives.
  • KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    I’m sure they do, for children, elderly, or people with compromised immune systems. I don’t apply to those categories. Very diplomatic response though, I can appreciate that.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Is there an off button?

X in the upper right corner.
  • KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    There actually isn’t a “X” and it’s sarcasm, in case you didn’t catch that.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    There actually isn’t a “X” and it’s sarcasm, in case you didn’t catch that.

Umm, yes. I can read sarcasm. Can you?
This discussion has been closed.