Cereal

2»

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Weetabix or one of the Kashi cereals with some fruit, Great Grains, or Raisin Nut Bran are my favorites. For hot cereal, Flahavan's Irish steel cut oatmeal.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    edited October 2016
    All-bran or it's store brand equivalent have the advantage of being loaded with fiber. I like a bowl of that with soy milk to start the day. Oh, and because of all the fiber it's pretty filling.
  • dbashby
    dbashby Posts: 44 Member
    edited October 2016
    lin7604 I tend to stay away from cereal from breakfast because it has a tendency to be carb laden which kick starts my monstrous appetite and carbs tend do that resulting me wanting to eat much more than normal over the course of a day. That said I do miss cereal, my go to substitute is plain Greek yogurt with a cup of steel cut oats mixed in. On the taste scale there isn't much to brag about but it is very filling.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    lin7604 wrote: »
    I am so a cereal lover and I do realize it's not the greatest thing to eat ( unless it's in moderation right) I'd love a list of a few that if I do cave for my cereal that I make sure I get a good healthy one. Suggestions?

I go for a protein enriched one, keeps me full longer than normal cereal
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    dbashby wrote: »
    lin7604 I tend to stay away from cereal from breakfast because it has a tendency to be carb laden which kick starts my monstrous appetite and carbs tend do that resulting me wanting to eat much more than normal over the course of a day. That said I do miss cereal, my go to substitute is plain Greek yogurt with a cup of steel cut oats mixed in. On the taste scale there isn't much to brag about but it is very filling.

Ya I hate Greek yogurt. I also love oatmeal and hot cereals but always need quick easy options too. I don't do cereal daily but there are times I do crave it and want to make sure I'm making the best choice when I do eat it

• 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Barbara's Puffins! A serving size is super small, but they have the right components.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Barbara's Puffins! A serving size is super small, but they have the right components.
    Never heard of that...