What Is My Problem?

2»

Replies

• jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    I honestly think you just need to suck it up and be hard on yourself. No "its ok if I don't work out today/I don't feel up to it/one day in a calorie surplus wont matter etc etc etc"

Make no excuses and be consistent. If you wanted this more than anything you would not have this issue. Your doctor is telling you you need this for your health, if that is not motivation enough what will be.

Yes, I am harsh. my partner is an ex commando who toured Afghanistan, perspective is everything.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    I think at some point you just have to start somewhere. Maybe it won't be perfect and maybe it won't be pretty, but it'll be something.

My story is similar to yours. All my life I've lost and regained the weight. A lot of times when I would try to diet I would struggle to stay committed, but you know just like I do that it gets easier. The first day is the hardest, but it gets easier from there.

Don't worry about failing. You can't fail until you give up. Don't worry about how far you have to go. Just focus on each day as it comes.

My only other piece of advice would be don't try to quit the foods you love. I've seen it over and over again and have done it a few times myself. Sure, I can say I won't ever eat sweets again and actually maybe maintain it for months or the duration of a diet, but in the long term I love sweets and I will cave and when I do I will likely binge. I find it works best to do everything in moderation.