Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    hrichts wrote: »
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

Ordered school supplies from Target and this folder arrived by itself in a giant box. They’re almost as bad at shipping stuff as they are at cleaning their bathrooms

i don't have kids, but i've always found it an interesting concept, during back to school season at least.

walking through the school supplies section and seeing how bad and disorganized it is, like a couple of hurricanes ran through the aisles, stuff on the floors etc.

the same people who let their kids go HAM in there are the same people who wears masks outside.

Only animals actually buy their school supplies in the store. The rest of us order online or go through School Toolbox. Gotta stay safe
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I only order bubble wrap from Target.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I only order bubble wrap from Target.

I got a boxful for free, I’ll ship you some
  • will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

Ordered school supplies from Target and this folder arrived by itself in a giant box. They’re almost as bad at shipping stuff as they are at cleaning their bathrooms

i don't have kids, but i've always found it an interesting concept, during back to school season at least.

walking through the school supplies section and seeing how bad and disorganized it is, like a couple of hurricanes ran through the aisles, stuff on the floors etc.

the same people who let their kids go HAM in there are the same people who wears masks outside.

Only animals actually buy their school supplies in the store. The rest of us order online or go through School Toolbox. Gotta stay safe

I'm just realizing I haven't bought a single school supply this year.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

As soon as I bought all of ours, the school sent out a revised list 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Options
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

That's why I didn't need to. I've got years worth of unneeded composition books, folders, glue sticks, all of it. Some is a little worse for wear, but with digital learning it's like pants anyway, Who needs em?
  • CacoEther
    Options
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

That's why I didn't need to. I've got years worth of unneeded composition books, folders, glue sticks, all of it. Some is a little worse for wear, but with digital learning it's like pants anyway, Who needs em?

Are y’all doing distance learning? My kids will go 4 days a week.
    Options
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

For now, yes. 100% digital. They plan to allow some kids back in stages starting at the end of September, but in person school is not doing well in the surrounding counties so we'll see. If they force back to in school I'll be moving to Connections Academy or something of the like, at least for my youngest two. The older ones seem to have a pretty good grasp of what to and not to do, but then they've been under supervision the whole time.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

For now, yes. 100% digital. They plan to allow some kids back in stages starting at the end of September, but in person school is not doing well in the surrounding counties so we'll see. If they force back to in school I'll be moving to Connections Academy or something of the like, at least for my youngest two. The older ones seem to have a pretty good grasp of what to and not to do, but then they've been under supervision the whole time.

I give it 2 weeks before the whole school is home because someone gets a runny nose.
    Options
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

I give it 2 weeks before the whole school is home because someone gets a runny nose.

that's what's been happening. Cherokee county has some 1200+ students/staff in quarantine and have closed a couple buildings.

Paulding doesn't have the quarantine, but have closed some schools for 3 -5 days or more.

Cobb hasn't even started yet and is already closing some buildings.

It would just be a lot less hassle on everyone if they'd just shut down and not try so hard to force things. Just makes for a bigger mess. The kids can't get used to anything. Distance learning, like wearing a mask, sucks. But it's less suck than constantly changing the format.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

But the box is always the best part of any present, don't you know that??? Be creative and open-minded "during these times". :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

But the box is always the best part of any present, don't you know that??? Be creative and open-minded "during these times". :)

Right?

That box could become a space helmet or a small time machine...... or could be used to make a cardboard sign that reads: Homeless Vet / Hungry / Give What You Can Spare / God Bless
  • nayr79
    nayr79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    when are they fixing the messaging function?
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

Me either 😅
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    bujc9mxoqt55.jpeg

#truth
    This logic holds true. I’m one of those hyper aware of my kids being annoying af to other people, ruining other people’s time at a restaurant and just in general being *kitten*holes and I definitely don’t wear a mask outside.

And I definitely went in store to buy school supplies. As the country gears up for school at home, this home school family is sending kids TO school (one last year and three more this year). Why can’t I ever be on the same page as others?🙄
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    really can't figure why washington didn't just change the name to the "skins" instead, like shirts and skins basically.
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend. He hurt me so bad but I still think about him.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend. He hurt me so bad but I still think about him.

You deserve SO much better.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    really can't figure why washington didn't just change the name to the "skins" instead, like shirts and skins basically.

That dude probably already patented it anyways
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    why WAS that dude talking to Jake from state farm at 3am 👀