What's on your mind?

Replies

• MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    KickTheSky wrote: »
    Being in profile purgatory, I can't seem to block people...

Excellent

7PyE.gif

i loved raccoons, until now... :#
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    I’ve been in the car for 6 hours and really need to pee. But I don’t want to stop because there is only two hours left until my destination and I’m needing a warm bed really bad about now. 🤣

I feel ya. I keep saying one more exit.
  • MiNinaLisa
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I can’t believe tooth paste is $7.33
    💀

my god - are you in Nunavut? or getting it at the 7-11?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    💀

Is this magic toothpaste?

Does this toothpaste also clean your bathroom and tuck you in at night ?

A good alternative to $7.33 toothpaste is dirt.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    💀

i think u mean charcoal
  • Motorsheen
    💀

i think u mean charcoal

yeah..... black dirt

charcoal
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Jamal Murray - straight ballin these playoffs yo
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    💀

I’m in Toronto .
    It’s the crest 3D white...but still damn.

💀

• Motorsheen
    💀

I’m in Toronto .

💀

Toronto ?

Well...... that explains it.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    I want to go home and pet my cat.
  • MiNinaLisa
    💀

I’m in Toronto .

💀

i miss Tdot!!! if travelling ever happens again, we'll meet up with my special toothpaste suitcase
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    hrichts wrote: »
    • Have we become less happy in this age of technology?

Not less happy but certainly more dopamine resistant which might be the same thing
    • Is love simply physical desire or something more?

It’s brain chemicals at first, then a choice
    • What is true friendship?

When two people think of the other more than they think of themselves
    • Why do we strive for perfection if it is not attainable?

We want what we cant have
    • Can life be meaningful without friends?

Yes. Every life is meaningful in and of itself. Does it feel as meaningful? Depends on the quality of friendships you have known
    • Does an ideal government exist?

No, government is only necessary in the first place because humans are flawed, but the only way to run a government is with said flawed humans
    • Does free will exist, or is every action predetermined?

+1 to free will, no question
    • Are we a minuscule part of intelligent life in the universe?

No. There is no other intelligent life
    • Does belief make God exist?

No. Belief and God are separate, therefore they exist independently
    • Are we the biggest threat to humanity?

Yes
    • Do parallel universes exist?

No
    • Will racism cease to exist?

Not for a long long time
    • Will the world be a better place if caste and religion cease to exist?

Yes and yes to religion but not faith
    • Do we love ourselves more in the virtual world and less in the real world?

No, if we did we wouldn’t make ourselves out to be better than we really are
    • Will the world come to an end by human hands?

No, we’re naive to think we have that much power
    • Is true beauty subjective or objective?

Subjective
    • If all the currencies in the world did not have monetary value, would our world be a much better place?

Would make no difference, value would be assessed in other ways
    • Why do we throw away food when we know people are dying of hunger?

Because when you have access to food and don’t ever experience true hunger, it’s impossible to understand the true scope of the problem much less imagine being part of the solution

nothing to disagree with here except no parallel universe bc that’s a real physics/astronomy theory of the multiverse and kind of accepted at this point

. . and also, to think that there is no other intelligent life possible out there is a bit close-minded.
  • s131951
    Now after thinking on this more so and looking out the window, I'm at battle with my nemesis infinity. It is more palatable for me to consider something that will always be, but not what always has been.

Time for Devo.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    • Have we become less happy in this age of technology?

Not less happy but certainly more dopamine resistant which might be the same thing
    • Is love simply physical desire or something more?

It’s brain chemicals at first, then a choice
    • What is true friendship?

When two people think of the other more than they think of themselves
    • Why do we strive for perfection if it is not attainable?

We want what we cant have
    • Can life be meaningful without friends?

Yes. Every life is meaningful in and of itself. Does it feel as meaningful? Depends on the quality of friendships you have known
    • Does an ideal government exist?

No, government is only necessary in the first place because humans are flawed, but the only way to run a government is with said flawed humans
    • Does free will exist, or is every action predetermined?

+1 to free will, no question
    • Are we a minuscule part of intelligent life in the universe?

No. There is no other intelligent life
    • Does belief make God exist?

No. Belief and God are separate, therefore they exist independently
    • Are we the biggest threat to humanity?

Yes
    • Do parallel universes exist?

No
    • Will racism cease to exist?

Not for a long long time
    • Will the world be a better place if caste and religion cease to exist?

Yes and yes to religion but not faith
    • Do we love ourselves more in the virtual world and less in the real world?

No, if we did we wouldn’t make ourselves out to be better than we really are
    • Will the world come to an end by human hands?

No, we’re naive to think we have that much power
    • Is true beauty subjective or objective?

Subjective
    • If all the currencies in the world did not have monetary value, would our world be a much better place?

Would make no difference, value would be assessed in other ways
    • Why do we throw away food when we know people are dying of hunger?

Because when you have access to food and don’t ever experience true hunger, it’s impossible to understand the true scope of the problem much less imagine being part of the solution

nothing to disagree with here except no parallel universe bc that’s a real physics/astronomy theory of the multiverse and kind of accepted at this point

. . and also, to think that there is no other intelligent life possible out there is a bit close-minded.

It’s not that I’m close-minded so much as I’m acknowledging the statistical improbability. I mean even on a planet like earth that has proven ideal for cultivating intelligent life (for hundreds of reasons that are as of yet unique to this place), we’ve only had humans on this planet for 0.0044% of the duration of its existence.
  • s131951

. . and also, to think that there is no other intelligent life possible out there is a bit close-minded. [/quote]

It’s not that I’m close-minded so much as I’m acknowledging the statistical improbability. I mean even on a planet like earth that has proven ideal for cultivating intelligent life (for hundreds of reasons that are as of yet unique to this place), we’ve only had humans on this planet for 0.0044% of the duration of its existence.[/quote]

That is assuming we know next to everything about all types of life and that 'our' type of life is the only viable solution.
    I frequently wonder on what our present understanding has wrong. Bodily humors were a thing, flat Earth was/is a thing, it was a widespread belief that harm would come to a human travelling over 25mph.
  • CacoEther

That is assuming we know next to everything about all types of life and that 'our' type of life is the only viable solution.
    I frequently wonder on what our present understanding has wrong. Bodily humors were a thing, flat Earth was/is a thing, it was a widespread belief that harm would come to a human travelling over 25mph.

Probability deals with what we currently know, so of course it could change. It’s not that I have no imagination, and I can see where it would be an appealing idea. But based on what we know now, I have no statistical backing to believe that other intelligent life (as we know it) exists

Having said that, it’s an interesting shift in perspective to imagine this: what if true intelligent life was in the form of tiny beings found in the microcosmos and WE were just giant pesky invaders that they were perpetually launching systematic attacks on?
  • s131951

Probability deals with what we currently know, so of course it could change. It’s not that I have no imagination, and I can see where it would be an appealing idea. But based on what we know now, I have no statistical backing to believe that other intelligent life (as we know it) exists

Having said that, it’s an interesting shift in perspective to imagine this: what if true intelligent life was in the form of tiny beings found in the microcosmos and WE were just giant pesky invaders that they were perpetually launching systematic attacks on?

Agreed. I frequently thought that they might be sulfur-based and in gaseous forms.

I wasn't looking to attack you or anything, but enjoy some actual conversation.

I'm now pondering what drives the force of gravity. What would life be like without friction?

• CacoEther

Agreed. I frequently thought that they might be sulfur-based and in gaseous forms.

I wasn't looking to attack you or anything, but enjoy some actual conversation.

I'm now pondering what drives the force of gravity. What would life be like without friction?

Oh well THAT is just the earth moving upward at 9.8 m/s2 😏