MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Skorts I can’t tell if they are ugly/silly...or cute
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

i'm ancient so i wouldn't wear them - but kudos to all the ladies who do.

Why wouldn’t you wear them? It’s kind of silly? Like either wear a skirt or shorts?

because i'm old. and i don't have that kind of booty. the less attention i draw to lack thereof - the better - believe me. i guess i could see why people would wear them in the fact that it's short and if they want a little modesty in a certain area...*cough* then the short element would - er - help that? does that make sense?

I guess for practicality there alright but for style/looks kinda weird looking.

maybe if we lived in a weather CONDUCIVE CLIMATE where we could theoretically wear them 12 months a year - we might be swayed?

I live in Canada too!!!!!! That’s what knee high boots were made for. And stockings!! (But I think stocking with skorts-😣) My office is usually chilly but the boots help to keep warm.

I know, this weather sucks the life out of us. Dressing is like a mission. But if we can’t dress cute what do we have left 😩

this is what i have to wear RIGHT NOW. for the next 8 MONTHS.

https://outdoorsurvivalcanada.com/product/nuaja/

expensive yes. but necessarily warm and cozy, the best coat i've ever owned and it's got a lifetime warranty. i do lots of bush walking so this is imperative

Oh wow props to you for not letting this nasty weather keep you inside. Come October i go from my house to my car and that’s it, back to my elliptical and treadmill in the basement.
    That jacket looks cozy.

there's no other alternative for me so i do what must be done. Oh Canada - true north and all that BS ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

Why wouldn’t you wear them? It’s kind of silly? Like either wear a skirt or shorts?

because i'm old. and i don't have that kind of booty. the less attention i draw to lack thereof - the better - believe me. i guess i could see why people would wear them in the fact that it's short and if they want a little modesty in a certain area...*cough* then the short element would - er - help that? does that make sense?

maybe if we lived in a weather CONDUCIVE CLIMATE where we could theoretically wear them 12 months a year - we might be swayed?

I live in Canada too!!!!!! That’s what knee high boots were made for. And stockings!! (But I think stocking with skorts-😣) My office is usually chilly but the boots help to keep warm.

I know, this weather sucks the life out of us. Dressing is like a mission. But if we can’t dress cute what do we have left 😩

expensive yes. but necessarily warm and cozy, the best coat i've ever owned and it's got a lifetime warranty. i do lots of bush walking so this is imperative

Oh wow props to you for not letting this nasty weather keep you inside. Come October i go from my house to my car and that’s it, back to my elliptical and treadmill in the basement.
    That jacket looks cozy.

there's no other alternative for me so i do what must be done. Oh Canada - true north and all that BS ;)

Why can't Canada step-up and get with the program?

Go invade some place like Costa Rica or Honduras ( it can't be that difficult. ).

Y'all will have a ready-made vacation spot and you can leave the whole 'Nanuck of the North' act behind.
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

But if we can’t dress cute what do we have left 😩

You still have Canada's great pasttime: complaining to anyone who will listen.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

But if we can’t dress cute what do we have left 😩

You still have Canada's great pasttime: complaining to anyone who will listen.

you're canadian?
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

That jacket looks cozy.

Go invade some place like Costa Rica or Honduras ( it can't be that difficult. ).

Y'all will have a ready-made vacation spot and you can leave the whole 'Nanuck of the North' act behind.

well our jacka$$ premier has a second home in CR, which is why nobody wants to go there . *too bad he just can't do his job and declare CODE RED because of the astronomical cases we have now*
    or ........... you can just marry me already!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

That jacket looks cozy.

well our jacka$$ premier has a second home in CR, which is why nobody wants to go there . *too bad he just can't do his job and declare CODE RED because of the astronomical cases we have now*

well now, you don't have to ask me twice. <3
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

That jacket looks cozy.

oh i'll give you *Nanuck of the North* in a minute, buster :D
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

ziwvh61r38um.jpeg

Remember culottes? 😀
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

ziwvh61r38um.jpeg

Remember culottes? 😀

i think my mom had this very pattern - seriously! :D
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

That jacket looks cozy.

That's what Florida is for (for people living in Quebec, anyway)
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

That jacket looks cozy.

some of them are down here too.

..... poofs of blue hair and age spots behind the wheel of a Buick, with the cruise control set to 13 mph, left turn signal on for the last 12 miles
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    Options
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

That jacket looks cozy.

You're a 'toban too? Woot! The cold sucks. And so does the snow.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Politics
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Thinking about my wife

Hope everything is OK Tony ? :)

Yes. Okay now.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

That jacket looks cozy.

I would rather go to Quebec in the winter, then Florida pretty much anytime. Im not a lover of cold weather, but old Quebec City during carnivale is one of my favorite places.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    The snow storm that's coming tonight. I can't wait 😁
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    vd2cpcmm37jd.jpeg
    voukc60upcs4.jpeg
    58o9w5p0p91p.png

That jacket looks cozy.

You're a 'toban too? Woot! The cold sucks. And so does the snow.

oh girl - we're on the same page! stay safe <3
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Women's pants should go by waist and length, just like men's. There's no reason I should have 5 different sizes in my dressing room. And *kitten* you for telling me a size 00 AND a 5. 😖

Underwear can stay the same...I don't want to buy a size 27.

This is pretty much the only reason online shopping (if you're using an aggregate like Amazon) is useful and can be more advantageous than in person shopping. I mean, I'm fat no matter what clothing brand I utilize, but at least with online shops, most clothing brands actually provide waist/hip/inseam measurements for their sizing, so I can figure out what is likely to fit based on measurements instead of the stupid arbitrary numbers they assign clothing. Also, I can read reviews from other people to find out how the item fits (too large, way too small, etc.). Been a boon for me personally toward finding clothing I want to wear and feel good in.

I've been fortunate that most of what I buy has fit based on utilizing measurements and just ignoring the vanity sizing.

Even worse is that sometimes, you'll find say.. a size 14 in two different brands and they don't even fit the same way! So what's the point?
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Kitchen renovations and the cost of supplies. Should have had it done last year when the prices were lower 🤯
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    Options
    Mousetrap saga continues... Two days and no mice - yay!

To be safe, though.. I bought a "better" mouse trap this weekend. The mousetrap claims to catch and kill them more efficiently. So I go downstairs to check the traps this morning and what do I see? A live mouse, hanging by it's leg, off the rafter, trapped against the water pipe. So NOT ONLY did it NOT die, it hung by it's poor little mouse leg all freaking night.

I found a wrench to disengage the trap and took that it outside. I disengaged the trap and the poor thing scurried off.

I can't take much more of this. I can't kill them myself - even when they're hurt and I feel so upset (and pathetic for feeling that way). I can't stop thinking about how much it must be hurting and it's my fault.

Yeah a lot of you might be laughing at me, but it's horrible being stuck in this mind of mine. I can't stop thinking about what it must feel like, and its like I feel it myself. I am sick to my stomach about this.

"Happy" monday. sigh.