What's on your mind?

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Mousetrap saga continues... Two days and no mice - yay!

To be safe, though.. I bought a "better" mouse trap this weekend. The mousetrap claims to catch and kill them more efficiently. So I go downstairs to check the traps this morning and what do I see? A live mouse, hanging by it's leg, off the rafter, trapped against the water pipe. So NOT ONLY did it NOT die, it hung by it's poor little mouse leg all freaking night.

I found a wrench to disengage the trap and took that it outside. I disengaged the trap and the poor thing scurried off.

I can't take much more of this. I can't kill them myself - even when they're hurt and I feel so upset (and pathetic for feeling that way). I can't stop thinking about how much it must be hurting and it's my fault.

Yeah a lot of you might be laughing at me, but it's horrible being stuck in this mind of mine. I can't stop thinking about what it must feel like, and its like I feel it myself. I am sick to my stomach about this.

"Happy" monday. sigh.

I totally get it. I hate killing mice but don't want to share a house with them either. If they stayed in the basement I'd be okay with that. But they never do. My SIL knows she has lots of mice in her attic and said they're chewing up all her things in storage. I suggested traps and she said no way, she doesn't want to kill them.

I'm still stressing over the squirrel I ran over a couple days ago. :( I was saying sorry to it and to any babies or family left behind. :/
    It's difficult having so much compassion for animals and the physical/emotional pain they suffer through too.

I remember when I went to adopt my dog and picked her up from her foster home; I made a comment to the person about wondering if my dog was missing her babies(she'd had a litter of 6 puppies while in the shelter and they were all adopted out). The lady said something about 'animals think very differently than we do and we cannot give them human traits like that'. Really?? Then tell me why animals form such bonds with humans?

And really how on earth does anyone know what animals think? They show love, they show devotion, they show pain. We can't even figure out what other HUMANS are thinking, how on earth can we profess to know what animals think.

I'd feel the same way about the squirrel. :( And I do the same with the babies... worried I caught a mama and there are babies in a nest somewhere, starving to death. :'(
  • KickassAmazon76
    Women's pants should go by waist and length, just like men's. There's no reason I should have 5 different sizes in my dressing room. And *kitten* you for telling me a size 00 AND a 5. 😖

Underwear can stay the same...I don't want to buy a size 27.

This is pretty much the only reason online shopping (if you're using an aggregate like Amazon) is useful and can be more advantageous than in person shopping. I mean, I'm fat no matter what clothing brand I utilize, but at least with online shops, most clothing brands actually provide waist/hip/inseam measurements for their sizing, so I can figure out what is likely to fit based on measurements instead of the stupid arbitrary numbers they assign clothing. Also, I can read reviews from other people to find out how the item fits (too large, way too small, etc.). Been a boon for me personally toward finding clothing I want to wear and feel good in.

I've been fortunate that most of what I buy has fit based on utilizing measurements and just ignoring the vanity sizing.

Even worse is that sometimes, you'll find say.. a size 14 in two different brands and they don't even fit the same way! So what's the point?

I can online shop for everything except pants and shoes. If I'm going to spend all day in them, I definitely need to know how they feel on me. Everything else is fine.

Honestly, as a woman...I hate clothes shopping!.I'd much rather go to Home Goods.

Being 6'1" with a size 11.5 - 12 shoe... clothes and shoe shopping sucks no matter how you slice it. I kind of have to shop in person because it's hard to tell where waistlines land, how long sleeves are... but most stores do not carry pants long enough (I need at LEAST a 36" inseam).

I hate hate hate shopping. It almost always ends in depression because nothing ever fits.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Women's pants should go by waist and length, just like men's. There's no reason I should have 5 different sizes in my dressing room. And *kitten* you for telling me a size 00 AND a 5. 😖

This is pretty much the only reason online shopping (if you're using an aggregate like Amazon) is useful and can be more advantageous than in person shopping. I mean, I'm fat no matter what clothing brand I utilize, but at least with online shops, most clothing brands actually provide waist/hip/inseam measurements for their sizing, so I can figure out what is likely to fit based on measurements instead of the stupid arbitrary numbers they assign clothing. Also, I can read reviews from other people to find out how the item fits (too large, way too small, etc.). Been a boon for me personally toward finding clothing I want to wear and feel good in.

I've been fortunate that most of what I buy has fit based on utilizing measurements and just ignoring the vanity sizing.

Even worse is that sometimes, you'll find say.. a size 14 in two different brands and they don't even fit the same way! So what's the point?

I can online shop for everything except pants and shoes. If I'm going to spend all day in them, I definitely need to know how they feel on me. Everything else is fine.

Honestly, as a woman...I hate clothes shopping!.I'd much rather go to Home Goods.

Being 6'1" with a size 11.5 - 12 shoe... clothes and shoe shopping sucks no matter how you slice it. I kind of have to shop in person because it's hard to tell where waistlines land, how long sleeves are... but most stores do not carry pants long enough (I need at LEAST a 36" inseam).

I hate hate hate shopping. It almost always ends in depression because nothing ever fits.

Ughh. That must really limit your options. I have the opposite problem with my height. At 5'2.5", everything is too long unless there's a petite section.

I'm with you...it's no fun. :/

qv5sgpzj5pzu.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Ughh. That must really limit your options. I have the opposite problem with my height. At 5'2.5", everything is too long unless there's a petite section.

I'm 5'11"

I thought you should know.
  • iMago
    wow this nasa announcement is crazy

o7mx1ikwxrwf.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

I have the opposite problem: I have no problem finding jeans, skirts and most shoes (boots or anything that comes up the calf is different), but can't shop online for dresses, swimsuits and some shirts. Manufacturers seem to think all women have hourglass shapes, which we most assuredly do not. If I find a dress in a size that fits my bottom proportions, it is hanging off of my top due to my small bust and really small shoulders. Which is even made more awkward by the fact that I am in the plus size category.

So usually, I shop for what I can online (less people!) and buy other things in person (assuming the dress is something I can find in stores, anyway).

It really sounds like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for all women. :neutral:
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    iMago wrote: »

qv5sgpzj5pzu.gif

You got that .5, yes?

I knew someone who was 5 feet and 1/2 inches and she would fight you if you forgot that half inch.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I'm 5'11"

With shoes? 🤔

Do bright orange Crocs count as Shoes ??
  • KickassAmazon76

I'm 5'11"

Haha is that a real 5'11" or is it 5'11" +/- 4"? 🤣
  • Motorsheen

I'm 5'11"

Haha is that a real 5'11" or is it 5'11" +/- 4"? 🤣

1.829e+9 Nanometers
  • iMago
    a5pfw0n11kdi.jpg
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member

I'm 5'11"

With shoes? 🤔

Do bright orange Crocs count as Shoes ??

Yes, but blue ones do not.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    edited October 2020
    Can’t decide what sounds better,
    a bowl of chili or a frito chili pie. 🤤

xevfir1xlk2u.jpeg

lzydrptvlg1m.jpeg

• stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member

To be safe, though.. I bought a "better" mouse trap this weekend. The mousetrap claims to catch and kill them more efficiently. So I go downstairs to check the traps this morning and what do I see? A live mouse, hanging by it's leg, off the rafter, trapped against the water pipe. So NOT ONLY did it NOT die, it hung by it's poor little mouse leg all freaking night.

I found a wrench to disengage the trap and took that it outside. I disengaged the trap and the poor thing scurried off.

I can't take much more of this. I can't kill them myself - even when they're hurt and I feel so upset (and pathetic for feeling that way). I can't stop thinking about how much it must be hurting and it's my fault.

Yeah a lot of you might be laughing at me, but it's horrible being stuck in this mind of mine. I can't stop thinking about what it must feel like, and its like I feel it myself. I am sick to my stomach about this.

"Happy" monday. sigh.

Maybe have a contractor over to seal up your house better?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @honeybee__12
    Any food with the word pie has got to be the better choice. :) Actually it was the Frito part that I wanted, haven't had those in years.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    @honeybee__12
    Any food with the word pie has got to be the better choice. :) Actually it was the Frito part that I wanted, haven't had those in years.

I love Frito chili pie!
    Unfortunately I do not have Fritos or chili !!!
  • KickassAmazon76

"Happy" monday. sigh.

Maybe have a contractor over to seal up your house better?

My house is over 110 years old and was built in three different eras. Some of the construction methods were... unconventional, and I have a number of really odd access places, some which are very difficult to reach. I've had a couple contractors look at it (along with heating issues that arise when it hits -40) and the cost would be way to prohibitive for me right now. I think I may have found one spot that they may be coming in, but the contractor figures there may be a multitude of access points. I think that right now I have to firefight, instead of fireproof.

One day, I'd love to fix it, but right now I just can't afford to.
  • KickassAmazon76
    @honeybee__12

I love Frito chili pie!
    Unfortunately I do not have Fritos or chili !!!

the second pic has me drooling. yum!