Options

Replies

• Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    I’m better at leaving than I am about waiting
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    In the back of my mind: Who will win the election... will I be alive to ever see a third party candidate win or is that always just a pipe dream here?

In the fore: The stuff I already mentioned. My cousin, coronavirus, the workers loudly fixing our roof, where my packages went since the hurricane probably messed up postal schedules around here, why I can't escape good food, why I hate exercise, etc.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Also: Does every state have a different "I voted" sticker? I thought they were all generic national stickers, but my state's is very different from some of the others I've seen. I kinda want to start a 50 states "voter" sticker thread now to see what they all are.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Also: Does every state have a different "I voted" sticker? I thought they were all generic national stickers, but my state's is very different from some of the others I've seen. I kinda want to start a 50 states "voter" sticker thread now to see what they all are.

i've seen different ones by county here in texas. no idea about other places.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

i've seen different ones by county here in texas. no idea about other places.

Really? That's kind of neat. I haven't seen one standard "red, white and blue" sticker this year. They're all very state specific or the presidential seal.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    My reaction to being asked what I was doing walking around in my condo's parking garage this afternoon.

After being here for almost two years, I finally got an indoor parking space today. I was so happy (still am)!! And while I don't own a car, I rent on occasion and ABHOR the idea of needing to shovel out in winter or dealing with any inclement weather.

So picture a happy (and masked) MaltedTea sauntering down to the garage to find her assigned number. After about 5 min of searching and figuring out the multicolored numbering system, I found it and started taking pics of my parking space (there were no other cars parked in the area/row at the time).

A guy (who I may have passed by in my initial search - who knows, I was staring at the floor looking for my number) comes up to me with broken French, asking me what I was doing in the garage.

I looked at what he was wearing to see if he was some a security guard or one of the concierges who perhaps I've not yet met: he wasn't.

Just in case I didn't understand his question, I clarified if he was more comfortable in English or French. He confirmed French and asked me again what I was doing walking "all around" the garage.

Now here is where I gave myself permission to be rude: "What are YOU doing down here?"

Then he started stuttering 😒

"Is there a reason you think I can't walk around here?"

Another set of stuttering as he walked away 😒

Wut?

I don't want to assume what lack of logic motivated his desire to approach me but, y'all, Canada has problems too. This last part is mentioned for any of my American friends thinking we're some sort of "safe haven" or utopia.

Yet, I have my parking space 😛

I don't think you were rude at all. It pisses me off that he had the nerve to even ask! I'd have loved to see the look on his face as he backpedalled. GOOD FOR YOU!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    The only kids I like are the ones in commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWBp4m_WS-Q
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My reaction to being asked what I was doing walking around in my condo's parking garage this afternoon.

After being here for almost two years, I finally got an indoor parking space today. I was so happy (still am)!! And while I don't own a car, I rent on occasion and ABHOR the idea of needing to shovel out in winter or dealing with any inclement weather.

So picture a happy (and masked) MaltedTea sauntering down to the garage to find her assigned number. After about 5 min of searching and figuring out the multicolored numbering system, I found it and started taking pics of my parking space (there were no other cars parked in the area/row at the time).

A guy (who I may have passed by in my initial search - who knows, I was staring at the floor looking for my number) comes up to me with broken French, asking me what I was doing in the garage.

I looked at what he was wearing to see if he was some a security guard or one of the concierges who perhaps I've not yet met: he wasn't.

Just in case I didn't understand his question, I clarified if he was more comfortable in English or French. He confirmed French and asked me again what I was doing walking "all around" the garage.

Now here is where I gave myself permission to be rude: "What are YOU doing down here?"

Wut?

I don't want to assume what lack of logic motivated his desire to approach me but, y'all, Canada has problems too. This last part is mentioned for any of my American friends thinking we're some sort of "safe haven" or utopia.

Point him out and I’ll beat him up.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

Wut?

Love that you turned it around on him 😍
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Wut?

Good. Glad you flummoxed him. :lol:

Also, as an American, thanks for pointing out that other countries have issues among the populace just like we do. Thankfully, I have some Canadian friends (live in Ontario, but were originally from B.C.) and they tell me all sorts of interesting things about politics, the healthcare system, etc. It's... enlightening, to say the least. Also definitely not rainbows and puppies.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Wut?

I'm having a difficult time believing that you're Canuckian.

There isn't a single apology or reference to Wayne Gretzky in your entire post.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    *snip*

Does it count that I legitimately considered starting the post with "Sorry this likely gonna be a long read" or not?

Also, consider adding to your "Authentic Canadian" references list? Perhaps add items like:

* real maple syrup
    * discussions about glove types (lined, fingerless, mittens, etc)
    * which coast has the best fish
    * whether Justin, Drake, Ryans (both Gosling and Reynolds) or Shania still count
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    *snip*

Does it count that I legitimately considered starting the post with "Sorry this likely gonna be a long read" or not?

Also, consider adding to your "Authentic Canadian" references list? Perhaps add items like:

* real maple syrup
    * discussions about glove types (lined, fingerless, mittens, etc)
    * which coast has the best fish
    * whether Justin, Drake, Ryans (both Gosling and Reynolds) or Shania still count

just post some photographs of Margo Timmins and we'll call it even.....
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options

Wut?

What a weirdo.
    did you at least get a bit of what he was stuttering? 🤣

What was his facial expressions?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    *snip*

What a weirdo.
    did you at least get a bit of what he was stuttering? 🤣

What was his facial expressions?

He was also wearing a mask (thank the heavens for small blessings) so all I saw was his eyes. And, I truly tried to get everything he was saying but between the mask, the sudden nervous stuttering, and neither French nor English being his mother tongue, I'm not sure why he even bothered, tbh. 🤷🏾‍♀️

As a side note the garage has always been open to all - drivers and non-drivers alike - since it's where the building's recycling bins are housed and where there is bicycle storage/parking as well.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea It's like Revolu7 says, how we handle adversity says alot about who we really are. No more words here. :|
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Let’s make this election fun.. drink everytime you hear the word Florida.