What's on your mind?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    After getting a healthy, fresh Christmas tree delivered to my door every year since 2013, I may have to (gulp) go find my own. The service I use only has 5' trees left.

What am I going to do with that? Why didn't they send an email in early November like they've done every year before this? And finally, is it over the top to "Karen" and call them tomorrow to remind them I'm a long-time client and need a bigger tree? 😱

Not as dramatic as the sad mega-mini tree @Kashmir_314_ posted, but still. If there's one thing I need for my psychological health in 2020 it's continuing the tradition of having a fresh tree for the holidays (errm, ideally delivered so I don't need to lug it around).
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited November 2020
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    After getting a healthy, fresh Christmas tree delivered to my door every year since 2013, I may have to (gulp) go find my own. The service I use only has 5' trees left.

What am I going to do with that? Why didn't they send an email in early November like they've done every year before this? And finally, is it over the top to "Karen" and call them tomorrow to remind them I'm a long-time client and need a bigger tree? 😱

Not as dramatic as the sad mega-mini tree @Kashmir_314_ posted, but still. If there's one thing I need for my psychological health in 2020 it's continuing the tradition of having a fresh tree for the holidays (errm, ideally delivered so I don't need to lug it around).

Is there no where to cut it yourself?

That is the best, IMHO. Whack it down into the sled, pull it to the bailer. Then fine, strapping young men ( not that I’m into that but thought you may be) tie a rope to the trunk, and yank it through. Then they load it up for ya.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    If Santa "sees me while I'm sleeping, knows when I'm awake, knows if I've been bad or good," why do I need to write him a letter telling him what I want for Christmas?

he's a voyeur and the "asking" part is his favorite thing. no kink shame pls.
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    If Santa "sees me while I'm sleeping, knows when I'm awake, knows if I've been bad or good," why do I need to write him a letter telling him what I want for Christmas?

A meddling Elf bureaucracy.
  • If Santa "sees me while I'm sleeping, knows when I'm awake, knows if I've been bad or good," why do I need to write him a letter telling him what I want for Christmas?

Because Cindy Lou, for the next 30 minutes you'll stop telling me what you want for christmas. 😁
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Meanwhile a relative suggests I look up Balsam Hill to get a tree delivered. Excited, I was.

Only to discover that they are the fine purveyors of artificial Christmas trees.

Blech.

I'd rather get a lump of *kitten* in my stocking.

*If you use artificial trees I apologize. Maybe plastic cheer is better than no cheer at all. I was raised on fresh trees and will accept no substitute. i understand it's not always practical to keep a fresh tree.

But I'm sure that for some, me buying a tree from the lot is a poor substitute for going out to the woods and taking your cheer from Mother Nature with your own two hands.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »
    Meanwhile a relative suggests I look up Balsam Hill to get a tree delivered. Excited, I was.

Only to discover that they are the fine purveyors of artificial Christmas trees.

Blech.

*If you use artificial trees I apologize. Maybe plastic cheer is better than no cheer at all. I was raised on fresh trees and will accept no substitute. i understand it's not always practical to keep a fresh tree.

But I'm sure that for some, me buying a tree from the lot is a poor substitute for going out to the woods and taking your cheer from Mother Nature with your own two hands.

I've only ever had artificial, it's what I know and love and take no offence at you loving yours. My tree is so old I sneeze every time I put it up. Lol time for a new one, I know, but they aren't cheap.

I love having the lights (over 6 strands) on them and sitting in the otherwise dark room.

I may put my tree up sooner just for that reason... I need that extra comfort.

FWIW... You seem like a total badass. Keep being awesome, it's inspiring!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Blech.

I grew up on both fresh and artificial trees. My father made a point to always go to a tree farm and pick one out the weekend after Thanksgiving that we'd have to ax down ourselves. However, given that I have moved a lot in my life and given my propensity for loud AF Christmas trees, I just *had* to have an artificial white tree.

So now my family does both. We have a tree for each floor. Real tree downstairs on the tile floor and artificial (white) tree upstairs. The cats love both trees equally and knock the ornaments down, so in the end, there's not a huge difference to any one family member on which we have.

I like the smell of real trees, but hate the cleanup. I also have conflicting feelings about trees I just cut down and use for a month only to throw away. I can't chop them up and turn them into firewood or other serviceable objects just due to the fact that I move all the time and we usually are living in places that we've rented. It might change one day once we commit to one area. :)
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited November 2020

Blech.

I've only ever had artificial, it's what I know and love and take no offence at you loving yours. My tree is so old I sneeze every time I put it up. Lol time for a new one, I know, but they aren't cheap.

I love having the lights (over 6 strands) on them and sitting in the otherwise dark room.

I may put my tree up sooner just for that reason... I need that extra comfort.

FWIW... You seem like a total badass. Keep being awesome, it's inspiring!

You just became my new mfp crush of the day. Thanks for the awesome compliment. And truly, you're the badass with your lifting.

😊❤️😊 I hardly feel badass these days, but maybe this time I can turn it around again. I go through fits and spurts... I start... Do great, get to max weight, fail, and then bail because I get bummed out. Or, I'm still improving and get hurt.

So... I try again. And tell myself I'll do better, or different this time. Maybe slow down on blowing up my weight. I dunno.

Thank you for such awesome words too. It's a great way to end the day! 😊
  • Slb1210
    Slb1210 Posts: 17 Member
    I blinked and here we are! I’m so incredibly proud and happy for the next chapters of her life. I’m even happier I’m so close with my kids, teenagers at that lol.my favorite people 🥰
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Is everyone going to hate 2021 just as bad when they wake up Jan 2 and realize Jan 1 wasn't just a hangover and everything still the same as 2020?

I'll have 12 months to decide how I feel about 2021.

IDK I kinda feel like 2020 was condemned in April for most folks, by June everyone hated it. Considering our Rona score is going to start 2021 at or near the highest point of 2020 I think it may get called even earlier. Hey at least we won't still be hearing about elections though.

For me personally, it wasn't awful until around June. Everything went downhill then. I didn't mind the lockdown (even though it was inconvenient and my mental health took a slide further south than it normally did).
    • Stepmom diagnosed with aggressive form of cancer in June.
    • 3 people I knew (family friends) all diagnosed with and died as a result of COVID.
    • Wasn't allowed to leave to visit anyone or anything from May to October due to my husband's job (military, they locked the base down and refused to let AD do anything that wasn't grocery/appointment related), even if it was outside and alone.
    • Both my cats died (in August and September). They both died of the same thing at 13 years.
    • Car decided to be a jerk (again) and act up, so I had to take it in and have it replaced, which cost more money in rental car fees than it did to actually fix.
    • In my state at least, no one adheres to the restrictions, which is why our cases keep going up. Way to go, MS. Keep proving to the rest of the world we're a bunch of ignorant idiots. :angry:

At this point, I mostly hide out under a rock, leave my house when necessary (groceries/appointments/walking) and try to keep occupied with craft related things.

The only upside: I had no choice but to really utilize my online-fu this year and I was done Christmas shopping at the end of Oct. :lol:

Finished my shopping in October too😂