• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    CacoEther wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    we've got the dealbreakers thread

we've got the weaknesses thread

we've got the red flags thread

now all we need is a "sell yourself" thread where instead, you list the reasons why you're the best potential mate in the world for someone

I’ll sell myself, how much you thinkin

I’ll top your best offer with an Olive Garden gift card.

My gosh you guys are fancy, i was not expecting to be in the gift card realm
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    There is a passive aggressive slimer, slimin' the people and they don't deserve it. No one does but it gives me a big pinch when they slime the sweet lil people everywhere. @slimgirljo15
    @Faetta I completely agree but several have tried in the past. Look at mine @Faetta

🤗
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    I’d be on the fire and that fire would be on me? That’s like raising 0 to the power of 0?

Problem alert: what if I was in the fire and then subsequently stepped on the fire before said call?

Step out of the fire.
    Stop, Drop & Roll.
    Call 911.
    😊
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

now all we need is a "sell yourself" thread where instead, you list the reasons why you're the best potential mate in the world for someone

And this gift card, it’s only a little expired.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

And this gift card, it’s only a little expired.

And it may or may not be a regift 😏😂...
  • You give a coven an hour and some crows and I swear they can build anything
  • MaltedTea wrote: »
    @KosmosKitten this is serious and I'm happy you can share here. Know, please, that you're not a burden to anyone. It sounds like more help and support is needed now.

A lot of places on North America are offering additional free telephone crisis counseling support, at the regional level, due to the pandemic's effects.

Can you see what's available in your region and reach out to them tonight?

I'll second this--I know it can be tough to reach for help when you can barely summon the energy to do the most basic functions of life, but please do if there's a resource available to you

Keep hanging in there, please
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    @KosmosKitten

Just reaching out to tell you that I too am here and sending you love. ❤️
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @KosmosKitten this is serious and I'm happy you can share here. Know, please, that you're not a burden to anyone. It sounds like more help and support is needed now.

A lot of places on North America are offering additional free telephone crisis counseling support, at the regional level, due to the pandemic's effects.

I can see what's available. I wasn't aware they were offering tele-services outside of regular hours.
    I don't think I'm getting better (sadly).
    Everything is a struggle now.
    Mentally, I'm sinking.
    Physically, all I want to do is sleep.
    I thought I did quite well given the year's circumstances and my own personal ones, but I guess I was wrong on that.

It was just waiting around the corner, like some demented parasite, come to infect me at the last possible moment.
    I tried to cheer myself up and make cinnamon rolls (and did, finally) yesterday, but it has done nothing to help improve my mood. I can't work up the care to do anything creative or really take care of myself as I should. I only do things out of obligation to others.. I don't really live for myself anymore.

I am tormented by very, very dark thoughts. And sadly, due to my insurance, there is no one available to talk to (professionally) until well into the new year because of backlog/Covid/holidays.

I'm just trying to doggie-paddle through life at this point, hoping the waves don't crash over me again. Trying to keep my spouse informed just so he's aware, but I hate being a burden or making him worry.

So someone is nearby, watching out for me at least. But I'm tired of being tired and tired of the exhaustive strain this is.

This makes me so sad knowing you feel this way. I don't know you personally and I don't want you to feel like I feel sorry for you but no human being with a good heart should ever feel this way. I hope there's a turning point for you soon to start healing. The best thing you can do right now is just keep talking about how you feel even if its to us internet people. Many hugs ❤

I've avoided talking about it in large because I'm unsure how MFP views such topics as they can be erm.. triggering for people in the way that talking about EDNOS can be. It also just largely sounds like I'm whining when really, I'm struggling to figure out just why I feel the way I do.

I couldn't really explain it well to others; it's almost like I'm experiencing the emotions of another individual, that I am detached from myself and freely experiencing an overwhelming despair. Almost as though my mind is no longer its own.

I do appreciate everyone's support. I'm trying to remain afloat and do little things like a chore here, or remembering to actually eat, but that's about all I can muster at the moment.

It's just really, really rough to know that my mind does this for what I perceive as no discernible reason. Just brain chemistry, I suppose.

"Just" brain chemistry can make us do dangerous things to ourselves. PLEASE seek out someone professionally who can give you resources to support you. :( You are NOT alone, no matter how much you might feel that way. But people don't know you're struggling until you tell them. And some people can put on a good front so others don't have a clue. I'm glad your dh knows and hope he can help you.
    Keep trying to get help; I know the effort it takes(god knows simply breathing can exhaust a person when depression/anxiety hits) but it'll be worth it. You've got a wonderful spirit and soul, great sense of humor, much love to give; I(along with everyone else here I bet) hate to see you struggle when it could be better.
    Take care. <3
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    which is correct:

nachos with shredded cheese
    or nachos with cheese sauce

Shredded cheese on top of the cheese sauce

Never can be too much cheese
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member

I can see what's available. I wasn't aware they were offering tele-services outside of regular hours.
    Mentally, I'm sinking.
    I thought I did quite well given the year's circumstances and my own personal ones, but I guess I was wrong on that.

It was just waiting around the corner, like some demented parasite, come to infect me at the last possible moment.
    I tried to cheer myself up and make cinnamon rolls (and did, finally) yesterday, but it has done nothing to help improve my mood. I can't work up the care to do anything creative or really take care of myself as I should. I only do things out of obligation to others.. I don't really live for myself anymore.

I am tormented by very, very dark thoughts. And sadly, due to my insurance, there is no one available to talk to (professionally) until well into the new year because of backlog/Covid/holidays.

I'm just trying to doggie-paddle through life at this point, hoping the waves don't crash over me again. Trying to keep my spouse informed just so he's aware, but I hate being a burden or making him worry.

So someone is nearby, watching out for me at least. But I'm tired of being tired and tired of the exhaustive strain this is.

This makes me so sad knowing you feel this way. I don't know you personally and I don't want you to feel like I feel sorry for you but no human being with a good heart should ever feel this way. I hope there's a turning point for you soon to start healing. The best thing you can do right now is just keep talking about how you feel even if its to us internet people. Many hugs ❤

I've avoided talking about it in large because I'm unsure how MFP views such topics as they can be erm.. triggering for people in the way that talking about EDNOS can be. It also just largely sounds like I'm whining when really, I'm struggling to figure out just why I feel the way I do.

I couldn't really explain it well to others; it's almost like I'm experiencing the emotions of another individual, that I am detached from myself and freely experiencing an overwhelming despair. Almost as though my mind is no longer its own.

I do appreciate everyone's support. I'm trying to remain afloat and do little things like a chore here, or remembering to actually eat, but that's about all I can muster at the moment.

It's just really, really rough to know that my mind does this for what I perceive as no discernible reason. Just brain chemistry, I suppose.

At this point you don't have anything to lose by calling a crisis hotline. With COVID staffing is up. Please give it a go. People who don't even know you personally care. Don't wait, this is a stressful time of year. Hugs, and may the new year bring good things.

And have you tried medications before. Sorry if you already addressed this. Sometimes when its just hormones or chemicals off it really helps get things under control. Its trial and error but with a shot.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Mentally, I'm sinking.

At this point you don't have anything to lose by calling a crisis hotline. With COVID staffing is up. Please give it a go. People who don't even know you personally care. Don't wait, this is a stressful time of year. Hugs, and may the new year bring good things.

And have you tried medications before. Sorry if you already addressed this. Sometimes when its just hormones or chemicals off it really helps get things under control. Its trial and error but with a shot.

Multiple times, actually. Most end up being ineffective after about a year or so, even with an increase in dosage. Not sure why that is. Or they make me feel like a robot, which I don't consider to be an improvement.

For anxiety: It's not that they become less effective, it's that the side effects are awful (for me personally). One I couldn't feel anything below the waist (literally could not feel anything in my lady parts or the soles of my feet for like.. six months.. it was weird). The others I couldn't breathe right (which they warned me might happen). It was like having a permanent cold and I could only breathe through my mouth, which drove me nuts).

I am willing to give it another go, but man.. they're a rollercoaster ride in and of themselves.