What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning feeling angry and sad. It's been a challenging year for so many people, including myself.

Life really doesn't seem fair at times, I'm especially reminded of this at Christmas time.

This week I will visit my parent's grave site and wish them a Merry Christmas. The tears will flow and emotions will run from anger to heartbreak. One can only pray they will be there to console me. I miss them so very much. 💔

I've since adjusted my thoughts to focus on all the things I have to be thankful for. The little things we take for granted every day. The job I have, my healthy, beautiful children, my morning coffee, my warm bed, my paycheck. I don't take these these for granted.

Sometimes we have to dig deep and find the silver linings when everything around us seems to be falling apart. It's not always easy, but it's important to stay focused on what we do have, not what we've lost or don't have.

Many of you here have been such a light in my life. Whether it be a compliment, a sarcastic remark, or a silly gif. I just want to thank you (you know who you are) all and take this time to wish you all the beauty of the holiday season. ❤️ I appreciate you all.

You’re the good, sis ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    Options
    @Kashmir_314, @KosmosKitten

I wanted to tell you that your posts have really resonated with me these past few days.

Sometimes it can be really hard to see the happy and good when there is just so much crap happening. Especially when it's ripe and right there in front of your face, stinking up the place.

But... It doesn't mean the happy isn't still there. The blessings are still there. And you both remind me to go search it out, aggressively if/when I need to.

Sending you both big hugs, and gratitude, and hope for a lot more sunshiney happy days (for us all). ❤️

Lord knows we could use them!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Hair dyes.

I'm going to dye my hair soon, maybe tomorrow but I'm undecided on the color.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    Options
    ALSO,

When you're in public and you cough do you...

1. Still cover your mouth with your hand even though you have face mask on

Or

2. You have a face mask on so why should you double cover....

Clearly these are drunken thoughts 😆
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Hair dyes.

I'm going to dye my hair soon, maybe tomorrow but I'm undecided on the color.

Your hair is beautiful - peek-a boo- red or purple or blue?

Caramel balayage would be be pretty too

You have pretty hair - so whatever you choose will be pretty!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Waiting patiently for Rihanna’s R9 album she’s been promising for years.

5yo1qxzkdj8j.jpeg
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    About to drop $600 + on bike parts cause I have a fetish for shiny silver things. The drivetrain is also pretty cooked.

cheaper than cardiac by-pass.

worth every cent.
    Amen,

Anyhow...
    Delays on the parts I want. Campagnolo (Italy) got smashed by the Corona.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You know you've been on mfp too long when Christmas eve through to boxing day are just pencilled in as a festive refeed - mince pie fuelled PBs I'm coming for you!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ALSO,

When you're in public and you cough do you...

1. Still cover your mouth with your hand even though you have face mask on

Or

2. You have a face mask on so why should you double cover....

Clearly these are drunken thoughts 😆

I always cough or sneeze into the crook of my elbow.

It’s good form.

Thank you for answering my drunken induced question 😂🤦‍♀️
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Youtube can take you on quite the journey, no reasonable direction. I started with Shakira, went to pole-dancing, then Imagine Dragons, and Leona Lewis. It's Sunday, what else is there to do? :)
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Robbers must be underwhelmed by organized minimalists. There's so little to rummage through and what little there is would be in curated and labeled fabric boxes 🤷🏿‍♀️

Im somewhat cynical of those claiming to be minimalists.
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Robbers must be underwhelmed by organized minimalists. There's so little to rummage through and what little there is would be in curated and labeled fabric boxes 🤷🏿‍♀️

I’m the same way with maximalists
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    Options
    Oh lord, I really need to clean and do laundry and grocery shop. And I hate it.

I need my kids to help, but I still need to harass them to get it done. And I don't like that.

Why can't someone else be the adult in this home? 😂😭
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »

How so?