What's on your mind?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I have enough leftover calories today to either have some alcohol... or have another coffee with some cream... but I can't decide which I'd rather have.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Is it a normal thing parents do when vacationing to a different country that they leave their toddlers sleeping in the hotel by themselves while they go off and do their own thing at night?

I’d be too paranoid, like what if they wake up trying to find me, roam around and accidentally fall in the pool and drown.. I always think about the worst scenario.

The madeleine McCann story 😒

I hate this 😥, I go on holiday with my kids it's all about them. Our favourite thing is playing cards on the balcony of an evening. Not drinking or socializing without them. That's what girls trips are for 😅

It’s so irritating knowing that she probably would’ve been ok if her parents just kept her by them. She was only 3, god only know how much trauma she had to endure during her kid napping.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I'm never done looking at cat pictures and real life cats. It never stops being cute.

Amen sister, cats are the best.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I have enough leftover calories today to either have some alcohol... or have another coffee with some cream... but I can't decide which I'd rather have.

Coffee! I'll make some as well.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Is it a normal thing parents do when vacationing to a different country that they leave their toddlers sleeping in the hotel by themselves while they go off and do their own thing at night?

I’d be too paranoid, like what if they wake up trying to find me, roam around and accidentally fall in the pool and drown.. I always think about the worst scenario.

The madeleine McCann story 😒

I hate this 😥, I go on holiday with my kids it's all about them. Our favourite thing is playing cards on the balcony of an evening. Not drinking or socializing without them. That's what girls trips are for 😅

It’s so irritating knowing that she probably would’ve been ok if her parents just kept her by them. She was only 3, god only know how much trauma she had to endure during her kid napping.

I recently listened to this crime story on a podcast and was shocked to hear they would go to a local restaurant nearby with Friends for drinks. Its sad...a regret im sure they have a difficult time living with
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,090 Member
    That moment when something happens in your life and you immediately want to reach for the phone and call your Mom.

Then you realize she's no longer there 💔
    That moment when something happens in your life and you immediately want to reach for the phone and call your Mom.

I feel that. ❤️
    I do that all the time, but with my father.

❤️❤️
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Yep. :'(<3
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member

I feel that. ❤️
    I do that all the time, but with my father.

Love you both ❤ big hugs
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    My daughter, I thought we were done with this but she's being bullied again. She showed me messages she recieved and it really breaks my heart. People can be so cruel. Wish I felt better to be a better mom this week. I also wish she could follow my footsteps and leave social media aside a bit.

I'm sorry T. That's difficult for you both. You being there for her and supporting her will mean so much to her. Whenever I told my parents I was being bullied (physically and verbally) they told me to suck it up. So I really admire you for showing her that support and compassion. I hope the bullies get a big dose of karma somewhere along the line, but mostly I hope your daughter doesn't internalise those words and knows her worth. Sending hugs 🤗

She's at school today and called me on her lunch break and everything seems to be fine. I also called the school this morning so they are aware of what happened. Kids don't realize how much words and actions can hurt. I know for myself, I'm still hurt by things I've been told so I hope it doesn't stick to her too long. I'll continue to be there for her and make her feel the best she can about herself. She has blocked everyone that has bullied her and she does have a good group of friends ❤

My daughter went through this. It was hell. No child should go through this.
    I'm glad she had a better day. ♡

In a way I am kind of happy she's only physically in school 2 days per week since the pandemic started, the other days are online. At least she doesn't have to see those people every day.
  • kamala1012
    kamala1012 Posts: 27 Member
    Wondering why I only want to go out when I know I'm stuck inside

I'm the same way !!!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Are you actually a cat? :smirk:

Seems like a very cat thing to want.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,090 Member
    kamala1012 wrote: »

I'm the same way !!!

You can, just dress warmly !
  • crazygonegibby1
    crazygonegibby1 Posts: 83 Member
    How I'm tired of the snow and winter.
  • lisamestiza2021
    lisamestiza2021 Posts: 239 Member
    My daughter, I thought we were done with this but she's being bullied again. She showed me messages she recieved and it really breaks my heart. People can be so cruel. Wish I felt better to be a better mom this week. I also wish she could follow my footsteps and leave social media aside a bit.

I'm sorry T. That's difficult for you both. You being there for her and supporting her will mean so much to her. Whenever I told my parents I was being bullied (physically and verbally) they told me to suck it up. So I really admire you for showing her that support and compassion. I hope the bullies get a big dose of karma somewhere along the line, but mostly I hope your daughter doesn't internalise those words and knows her worth. Sending hugs 🤗

She's at school today and called me on her lunch break and everything seems to be fine. I also called the school this morning so they are aware of what happened. Kids don't realize how much words and actions can hurt. I know for myself, I'm still hurt by things I've been told so I hope it doesn't stick to her too long. I'll continue to be there for her and make her feel the best she can about herself. She has blocked everyone that has bullied her and she does have a good group of friends ❤

I feel this so acutely. My child has recently come out and changed their name and pronouns, which is hard for many many people to handle. The amount of teasing, mistakes, intentional ignorance, and outright hatred they have endured... It's heartbreaking watching them come home in tears over and over.

The school is trying, the teachers are trying, many friends are trying, but there are many many who are using homophobic slurs, insults, and intentional misuse / mocking.

As a parent, it is so devastating seeing the pain that others can inflict (intentionally or otherwise) on our kids... And feel pretty powerless to help.

Big hugs to you momma, and to your child. Sometimes people really really suck. ❤️

i'm so sorry to hear this! kids are so cruel. and things seem so much more difficult these days than when we were growing up...
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    My mom called me a while ago and asked if I wanted her to bring me breakfast and coffee. I told her I wanted a egg breakfast sandwich with lettuce and tomato no meat and this is what I got 🤦‍♀️😆 no egg, just lettuce and tomato

szydwunfvpbp.jpg

Tim’s has never been known for their great food...

One time at a burrito chain I said I wanted a cheese quesadilla and I got cheese between two tortillas - no beans, no veg. Just straight cheese 🤦🏻‍♀️

Enjoy what you can! Haha.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,542 Member

I feel this so acutely. My child has recently come out and changed their name and pronouns, which is hard for many many people to handle. The amount of teasing, mistakes, intentional ignorance, and outright hatred they have endured... It's heartbreaking watching them come home in tears over and over.

The school is trying, the teachers are trying, many friends are trying, but there are many many who are using homophobic slurs, insults, and intentional misuse / mocking.

As a parent, it is so devastating seeing the pain that others can inflict (intentionally or otherwise) on our kids... And feel pretty powerless to help.

Big hugs to you momma, and to your child. Sometimes people really really suck. ❤️

i'm so sorry to hear this! kids are so cruel. and things seem so much more difficult these days than when we were growing up...

Agreed. It's pretty challenging to be a kid, or to parent one, now a days. I have no ide what I'm doing half the time.