Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's on your mind?

Replies

• ShakashakaraShakashakara Member Posts: 55 Member Member Posts: 55 Member
    lx1x wrote: »
    nothing atm.. it's the weekend.. brain is closed for business

shenanigans
  • KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 3,702 Member Member Posts: 3,702 Member
    Pepperoni pizza and a Great Northern super crisp Lager.. I think I just got pregnant 🤤

Sounds better than my baby carrots and triscuits, those triscuits make me feel like I'm eating wicker furniture 😆

:D delicious, wicker furniture.... 😂

As long as you slap some cheese on it... Even wicker furniture can taste great! Haha
  • KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 3,702 Member Member Posts: 3,702 Member
    In english we rely on many multi-word phrases because we don’t have a proper singular word for things. For example, is there a one-word way to say “to do list”? I can’t think of one

Today I learned that in norwegian they have a single word for it. Gjøreliste

We need more words like this in english

Chores?

This would work if my to do list was entirely cleaning related tasks but I wouldn’t call my work to do list my chores..

Interestingly, the gjøre in gjøreliste seems similar to the word chore 🤔

I find this interesting. When I think about it... A chore is just something to get done... To do... It doesn't have to be household (which is what I think of when I hear it)... But that would make it a chore list... So maybe we just smash the words together and call it a chorelist... 😁
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 10,655 Member Member Posts: 10,655 Member
    I ate a donut a few weeks ago that was so ridiculous I felt like I had committed a crime. For sure several sins.
    That is my confession. I feel better now.
  • ShakashakaraShakashakara Member Posts: 55 Member Member Posts: 55 Member
    In english we rely on many multi-word phrases because we don’t have a proper singular word for things. For example, is there a one-word way to say “to do list”? I can’t think of one

Today I learned that in norwegian they have a single word for it. Gjøreliste

We need more words like this in english

Chores?

This would work if my to do list was entirely cleaning related tasks but I wouldn’t call my work to do list my chores..

Interestingly, the gjøre in gjøreliste seems similar to the word chore 🤔

I find this interesting. When I think about it... A chore is just something to get done... To do... It doesn't have to be household (which is what I think of when I hear it)... But that would make it a chore list... So maybe we just smash the words together and call it a chorelist... 😁

That’s funny.. to me the word ‘chores’ is specific to housework and farm.. chores 😁
  • Analog_KidAnalog_Kid Member Posts: 893 Member Member Posts: 893 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I ate a donut a few weeks ago that was so ridiculous I felt like I had committed a crime. For sure several sins.

You are forgiven, woman. Now go. And sin no more.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,633 Member Member Posts: 7,633 Member
    I'm such a dork. I had a stupid grin on my face while reading about 5 pages of posts on here.
    Analog_Kid wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »

You are forgiven, woman. Now go. And sin no more.

Thank you. And....
    505u2pwx6vjy.gif
    😬
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 2,495 Member Member Posts: 2,495 Member
    Dr. Dres Ex. Why should his money still be yours. Go to work.

1hmxl1hcjqvp.jpeg
  • twitchandshouttwitchandshout Member Posts: 1,593 Member Member Posts: 1,593 Member
    If I have time to watch tv or scroll chit chat then I have time to work out.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 262,518 Member Member Posts: 262,518 Member
    Bugger..Hayfever is acting up today

I ❤ PD
  • kinetixtrainer2kinetixtrainer2 Member Posts: 6,752 Member Member Posts: 6,752 Member

And eat donuts
  • twitchandshouttwitchandshout Member Posts: 1,593 Member Member Posts: 1,593 Member

And eat donuts

yes ♥️
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 262,518 Member Member Posts: 262,518 Member
    Donuts 🤤

I ❤ PD
    Is donuts a euphemism for something? Just so I understand which direction to go here.