What's on your mind?

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    You know I've tried to detach myself from a heath oriented lifestyle a bit, I mean I would literally weigh myself several times a day and bring out a tape measure once a week and pinch with calipers like a dozen times a day πŸ˜‚...

Dude like wtf is this *kitten* πŸ˜‚... Who the *kitten* do I think I even am πŸ˜‚...

My point is tho that I was extremely measured πŸ˜‚... And I'm not even talking about food πŸ˜‚...

I've relaxed a lot on this recently... In search of more balance I suppose... Or maybe I've just been lazy πŸ˜‚...

But my point was πŸ˜‚... I can not deny that how we feel mentally... Is probably largely affected by what we eat, probably more so than any school of thought...

Dude if I brought out the tape measure now I'd probably cry πŸ˜‚...

But I've got a few more compliments since gaining the weight so I'm not too interested in losing atm πŸ˜‚...

Although ultimately I think I just feel better at a lighter weight...

So I'll probably try to get back down soon, probably start getting use to the whole idea now and get back down throughout the winter...

This has been the process for me for some time now... But this time I'm going to try to get back down without getting all *kitten* crazy πŸ˜‚...

Or maybe I should just stop eating so much junk πŸ˜‚...
    I do get better at it every time πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ’ͺ🏽

Dude my wife was like your fine πŸ™„...
    She told me it's probably just inflammation from all the junk food I've been consuming πŸ˜‚...

Dude I was like... Ppff no, I don't believe in that πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

But she's probably hella right πŸ˜‚...
    Hence this whole freaking tirade πŸ˜‚...

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Jesse πŸ€—

πŸ˜‚... You always did get me Jo ❀️
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    You know I've tried to detach myself from a heath oriented lifestyle a bit, I mean I would literally weigh myself several times a day and bring out a tape measure once a week and pinch with calipers like a dozen times a day πŸ˜‚...

Dude like wtf is this *kitten* πŸ˜‚... Who the *kitten* do I think I even am πŸ˜‚...

My point is tho that I was extremely measured πŸ˜‚... And I'm not even talking about food πŸ˜‚...

I've relaxed a lot on this recently... In search of more balance I suppose... Or maybe I've just been lazy πŸ˜‚...

But my point was πŸ˜‚... I can not deny that how we feel mentally... Is probably largely affected by what we eat, probably more so than any school of thought...

But I've got a few more compliments since gaining the weight so I'm not too interested in losing atm πŸ˜‚...

So I'll probably try to get back down soon, probably start getting use to the whole idea now and get back down throughout the winter...

This has been the process for me for some time now... But this time I'm going to try to get back down without getting all *kitten* crazy πŸ˜‚...

She told me it's probably just inflammation from all the junk food I've been consuming πŸ˜‚...

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Jesse πŸ€—

πŸ˜‚... You always did get me Jo ❀️

You know it πŸ˜‰πŸ€—
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

*Passes you a jelly donut and Xanax*

This makes me want to lay around with you in like a Fiona Apple video 😏πŸ₯°...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

Now, this made me laugh and it shouldn't have. That said, @Mr_Healthy_Habits, I do think you're overthinking it. Are you leveraging your philosophical approaches for your health as well?

I can't deny that I'm overthinking it... If I want to apply any sort of philosophy to it, I'd say...

I'm a bit self conscious at a higher weight because I feel a bit fluffy πŸ˜‚, and I'm the same way at a lighter weight because I feel to light πŸ˜‚... The answer is obviously not at the end of some never ending health journey... It's always a matter of within...

If I want to apply more of a scientific mindset to this... Dude I just need to cool it on the sugar and the drinking πŸ˜‚...

But the other side is to just laugh at all how ridiculous this is πŸ˜‚...
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member

Now, this made me laugh and it shouldn't have. That said, @Mr_Healthy_Habits, I do think you're overthinking it. Are you leveraging your philosophical approaches for your health as well?

My intent is never malicious. I'm sorry if you perceive my fun banter (between friends) any other way.

These are Internet/words-only problems: I didn't take it as malicious at all. Had I said it when we were all sitting in the same after-hours lounge, we'd have understood each other.

(What? I'm not the only one who thinks the MFP forums are like a lounge bar...right?)
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    sklgksp98y3r.jpg
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    ReenieHJ wrote: Β»

When I first found this place and actually got going, I counted every single teaspoon of every single thing I put in my mouth. I counted every minute of exercise and racked my brain trying to decipher if it was this, that or the other, NEVER indulging in anything to make myself happy. I've never been a Ms Healthy Habits type of person to begin with, but now I've come to a comfortable acceptance of Ms Healthy Good Enough. AND I eat ice cream weekly! GASP I'm much happier now. I mean come on, I NEED junk food. :) Happy chemicals and all. My highest ever in my life was 235(granted I was 4.5 months pregnant but still) and I'm a pound away from 135 now, right where I want to be. I'm 5'9" so I finally feel comfortable in my own body. I'd still rather be in JLo's body but hey, that's life.
    Sometimes we have to balance the happy with everything else. It's okay to not be MR(or MS Perfect) as long as we strive for good and improvement and healthy living.

So cut yourself some slack and love you for who you are!

I've never really used this place much for health outside of the first time I tried to consciously gain weight and get bigger... Ever since then the app just works like crap for any thing related to fitness tracking so I haven't really used it since... Outside of the social aspect of it πŸ˜‚

It's really not all as crazy as I made it sound πŸ˜‚...
    I'm pretty happy with life rn and myself just slight adjustments to the ship and course here and there πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

My intent is never malicious. I'm sorry if you perceive my fun banter (between friends) any other way.

These are Internet/words-only problems: I didn't take it as malicious at all. Had I said it when we were all sitting in the same after-hours lounge, we'd have understood each other.

(What? I'm not the only one who thinks the MFP forums are like a lounge bar...right?)

Don't mind @Peachesand_cream
    She's from Jersey πŸ₯°... πŸ˜‚
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member

You've always struck me as being very determined, capable & consistent. With that self control, a bit of a stray is just a temporary detour. Sounds like you have a solid plan to get back to the road. More than anyone here, your ability to achieve weight loss & stick with working out is superior.

Just my 2-cents. :smile:
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm off on some trippy stuff this morning (or just a decent night's sleep...or this new coffee blend) so the universe and everything in it is nothing but love 😍
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

You've always struck me as being very determined, capable & consistent. With that self control, a bit of a stray is just a temporary detour. Sounds like you have a solid plan to get back to the road. More than anyone here, your ability to achieve weight loss & stick with working out is superior.

πŸ˜‚...

Dude did I just totally throw myself a little pity party or something πŸ˜‚...

No seriously you guys I'm fine, like I've already really won the game of life in my book... The rest is just shinnanigans and debauchery for the fun of it all πŸ˜‚...

There's no feeling sorry for myself here, never that πŸ’ͺ🏽...
    I was honestly just laughing at myself πŸ˜‚...

This wasn't any kind of break down or something πŸ˜‚...

Back to your regularly scheduled program πŸ’ͺπŸ½πŸ˜‚
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

πŸ˜‚...

No seriously you guys I'm fine, like I've already really won the game of life in my book... The rest is just shinnanigans and debauchery for the fun of it all πŸ˜‚...

:'(:'(:'(:'( I'm so so so so sorry you're feeling this way.

:p
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I *knew* it!! I just *knew* it. The weather people never get their predictions right. Yes, they predicted clouds. Done. Then they predicted rain. Oh sure, I've heard *that* one before. So I watered all my plants, knowing they were lying to me.

It's raining. :/
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

πŸ˜‚...

Dude I weigh my lettuce on a kitchen scale. Maybe I'm going a little too far as well? πŸ€”. Nah... I kinda like the structure this stuff has given my life over the past couple of years

Oh I get it πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ... Chicken breast πŸ˜…...
    Dude I'm such a perv πŸ˜‚...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    ReenieHJ wrote: Β»

πŸ˜‚...

:'(:'(:'(:'( I'm so so so so sorry you're feeling this way.

:p

Don't look at meee πŸ˜­πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚
  • strangeanimal55
    strangeanimal55 Posts: 87 Member
    I *knew* it!! I just *knew* it. The weather people never get their predictions right. Yes, they predicted clouds. Done. Then they predicted rain. Oh sure, I've heard *that* one before. So I watered all my plants, knowing they were lying to me.

It's raining. :/

Hate when that happens. I have carnivorous plants that need only rain water or distilled water. So I hate wasting the distilled water I have to buy right before it rains. Waste of 98 cents! πŸ˜…
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member

πŸ˜‚...

I understood. I'm just the cheerleader type. Sometimes my pom poms get in the way.