What's on your mind?

Replies

• Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    I’m wondering when the sleep will kick in? And wishing I didn’t fall asleep while watching that movie earlier today.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited July 2021
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    My coin collection is looking pretty…mint… again!

g1liqsncvazd.jpeg

I recognize the loonie
    Now you need the toonie...
    Canadian money sounds funny right 😅

And the American quarter.

Where are the rest from?

I had a Toonie somewhere. Is it true you can actually remove the middle of it?

My aunt's dog ate some of my US dollar bill, true story hahaha. At least Canadian money is durable, even though I just asked about defacing it lol.

Most are the $2 Aussie ones, I had some more at one stage but spent them.

UK Pound Sterling (the old one and new one) and NZ Dollar are in there.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited July 2021

g1liqsncvazd.jpeg

I recognize the loonie

Where are the rest from?

My aunt's dog ate some of my US dollar bill, true story hahaha. At least Canadian money is durable, even though I just asked about defacing it lol.

UK Pound Sterling and NZ Dollar are in there.

Crying Canadian here: please don't tear up a twonie 😭 We do such fun stuff with our coins. You'd love them all for your collection @amorfati601070

Lemme rummage my wallet to find a colorful coin I got back from the grocery yesterday.

ETA: This is a quarter (0.25 $) piece from 2015. Even though it has been circulating for years, yesterday was the first time I saw it...

4crd2r2w6rhb.jpg
  • amorfati601070
    edited July 2021
    MaltedTea wrote: »

g1liqsncvazd.jpeg

I recognize the loonie

Where are the rest from?

Crying Canadian here: please don't tear up a twonie 😭 We do such fun stuff with our coins. You'd love them all for your collection @amorfati601070

Lemme rummage my wallet to find a colorful coin I got back from the grocery yesterday

It was like the first thing I tried to do when first got my hands on one when I was in Canada haha. Its a cool design tho. I don't think we have any coins like that here (Aus), maybe because of people like me lol.
  • amorfati601070
    MaltedTea wrote: »

g1liqsncvazd.jpeg

I recognize the loonie

Where are the rest from?

ETA: This is a quarter (0.25 $) piece from 2015. Even though it has been circulating for years, yesterday was the first time I saw it...

4crd2r2w6rhb.jpg

:love: It's so detailed, they even made the flag look kinda 3D with that paint.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Bed :yawn: night mfp
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Bed :yawn: night mfp

Wait wait! You're going to miss the late late show!
  • ReenieHJ
    I’ll keep my old books and my old money,
    thank you very much.
    I prefer to hold things instead of imagining I have them.

I used to have a dh/dw neighbors and they had these huge glass jugs, filled with pennies. A few jugs, and they had sooo many. I'd love to know whatever happened to them and if they had any value to them.
    When my ds was born back in 1981 I started saving the Kennedy Half Dollars for him; don't know if they'd be worth anything now either but he ended up with a whole bunch. Always fun to feel and hold things like that, if only for the sensory aspect of it. And I'll probably never have a Kindle, real books are like gold to me. :)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member

g1liqsncvazd.jpeg

I recognize the loonie

Where are the rest from?

UK Pound Sterling (the old one and new one) and NZ Dollar are in there.

I’ve heard of people being able to break the toonie or have come across a broken one, in the middle like you said. But it’s extremely rare. I haven’t.

Yep our money is durable idk if it could survive a dog tho🤣 our bill is plastic.

Thanks for sharing, I’ve not seen Aussie money before. And the rest.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Look the American dollar may be paper but you can burn it and stuff, it makes u kool 😎 also probably illegal to do that but like... yolo
    I remember my mom telling me it was illegal to write on money but I did it anyway once, a true rebel 😎
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    Look the American dollar may be paper but you can burn it and stuff, it makes u kool 😎 also probably illegal to do that but like... yolo
    I remember my mom telling me it was illegal to write on money but I did it anyway once, a true rebel 😎

tgu9wdg60377.gif
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    PAWGliacci wrote: »

tgu9wdg60377.gif

xaubtuwhc8oz.gif
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member

fumcf4yva02x.gif
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    My order left the warehouse in Arkansas which is 6 driving hrs away from me and travelled to LA, TX, still in transit, it’s been 11days.
    USPS, use GPS! 😂
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited July 2021
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Only 294 disagrees til I reach 1000!! I'm so excited!

I can help you if you want, but I really don't like the idea.

and here I thought I was on the most recent page.
    *facepalm*
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member

I assure you that your handwriting is not the worst thing on a dollar bill.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    I’ve been watching The Vow documentary on hbo - and it blow my mind how seemingly super smart successful ppl fall so hard for such bs - it’s an interesting watch for sure
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Only 294 disagrees til I reach 1000!! I'm so excited!

I can help you if you want, but I really don't like the idea.

and here I thought I was on the most recent page.
    *facepalm*

Lol I only need 273 now so go for it. Apparently I'm a disagree-able old lady. :)