What's on your mind?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Wondering what's wrong with the exciting old things? Hope nothing good disappears. :(

I was thinking that too.. hope nothing goes wrong with the stuff that actually works 😆
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Biases, especially those around gender and sexuality.

The overt ones, the covert ones or the subconscious ones ingrained in people from a young age that they may not even recognize or realize? Or all of the above?

Mostly the latter.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Wondering what's wrong with the exciting old things? Hope nothing good disappears. :(

I was thinking that too.. hope nothing goes wrong with the stuff that actually works 😆

I'm sure there will be a number of growing pains. Hopefully not a decade worth! 😂
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

I'm sure there will be a number of growing pains. Hopefully not a decade worth! 😂

🤣😂
  • Jeffit_170
    Jeffit_170 Posts: 148 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    “Exciting new things”? Sounds scary.

It's only scary if they start showing who reacts to your post 😉

I hope they do this 😂

Yes! 😂
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member

Oh that wouldn’t scare me. lol. I know mfp has its issues but I’ll kinda miss the clunky old girl if they change it too much.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I was so jealous that the gf got a week and a half off but she had to go back today 🤪😛😝

I should really take a vacation.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited November 2021
    Jeffit_170 wrote: »

I hope they do this 😂

Yes! 😂

Me too! Bet the disagree-ers would hide a little bit.

Wondering how long MFP will be shut down today. Sounds like a good movie day for me.
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    edited November 2021
    uidl8bpnae3i.jpeg

Utah.....

Get me two (2)!!!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited November 2021
    I still don't really fit in anywhere.. or into any groups of people. Kind of bums me out, honestly. It just leaves me feeling... "other" for lack of better terminology.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,529 Member
    Working at home today, which is not necessarily a good thing. Puts me way too close to my fridge and pantry. 😑
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    I still don't really fit in anywhere.. or into any groups of people. Kind of bums me out, honestly. It just leaves me feeling... "other" for lack of better terminology.

You are not alone in your "other"ness. :heart:

I never really feel like I fit in. Even with social gatherings full of people I love and care for... I always feel like I'm on the outside trying to say / do the right thing. It's crazy, because other people don't see that about me, but it is so very real.

Getting an invite to a gathering fills me with dread. I don't want to go, to see people, to feel that way. And at the same time, I don't like feeling lonely.

• steelrod1
    steelrod1 Posts: 127 Member
    edited November 2021

I never really feel like I fit in. Even with social gatherings full of people I love and care for... I always feel like I'm on the outside trying to say / do the right thing. It's crazy, because other people don't see that about me, but it is so very real.

Getting an invite to a gathering fills me with dread. I don't want to go, to see people, to feel that way. And at the same time, I don't like feeling lonely.

Interesting thought. Perhaps the fact that "WE" don't fit in is exactly the opposite. Perhaps we do and every one else doesn't. I think the trap of society is just a modern day slavery the elite wants us in. Wake up work your job pay your bills you must conform or you won't fit in. We've gotten so far from real freedom that we can't recognize it anymore. So ladies do you and trust in yourself we do fit in just not with that group. Totally get the lonely thing I'm with ya, just waiting for my people to wake up and notice.
  • KosmosKitten

Are you sure you and I aren't the same person? Oh, wait.. I can't lift like an absolute champ. 😂

You've described it (and me by association) pretty well. And usually, if I force myself to go to the gatherings, I have a good time (most of the time), but it leaves me feeling really, really drained. Like my "people battery" has run out of juice. Alone time replenishes the "juice", but I feel like I require a lot more of it (alone time) than maybe most people I know?

I know that has to do with being introverted, but still.. kinda sucks when you want to be personable, reach out and do things with people, but feel that the very core of your being rejects that idea entirely. It does lead you to feeling a bit like a freak, honestly.
  • KosmosKitten
    Completely unrelated, but aww.. bowling ball grouchy face no longer looks like bowling ball grouchy face. :(
  • KosmosKitten
    It's interesting you say this. My oldest is 16 and she is neurodivergent. She hasn't been officially diagnosed (in progress), but we believe she has both ADHD and is autistic / has Tourettes.
    She has uncontrollable tics, which often cause her to jump, cringe, hit herself, or almost hit herself. Sometimes these are accompanied by sounds, clicks or pops.
    If I were in her shoes, i would have felt that I had to do everything in my power to suppress them.
    Must. Assimilate. Right?
    But for her, when I talk about getting her help to manage / control / minimze the tics, she gets upset with me because "this is who I am. Why should I have to change? To make other people feel more comfortable? Nah, they just need to realize there is nothing wrong with me. I'm just different and different isn't bad."
    Note: I don't think she is broken, or needs fixing, or even needs to suppress her stims. I just want her to have as smooth a life as possible.
    I wish I was as comfortable in my skin as she seems to be in hers. I am so proud of her.

This is fair. She shouldn't have to change if it's not bothering her nor affecting her negatively. Good on her!

For me, personally, the only time I "change" is when personal well-being is taking such a hit due to mental health struggles that I have to actively seek help, either by reaching out and talking to someone I know (which I dread), or talking to a complete stranger (and paying them), which oddly, I dread a lot less.

It's not changing, either, when I think about it since I fundamentally cannot alter my brain chemistry to be "not-depressed" and "not-anxious". It just helps figuring things out without my own personal biases getting in the way. Same with talking to folks here: I get different strategies, viewpoints and anecdotes to draw information from and find a solution.