What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    more_oomph wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with this new MFP design? I managed to get into this thread somehow, but literally every chat room I try looking at comes up completely blank:

21kyphykbr4q.jpg

[ then you run over to a mirror and the person looking back at you is a complete stranger

you are in the nightmare that is your life

I dunno, that sounds okay to me.

*shrug

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    more_oomph wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Pennyloafers How are you doing? How is everything going?? Just been thinking about you.
    oh reenie, are you talking to your shoes again :(

I do have a soft heart toward leather. Even fake leather. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I started a consistent healthy lifestyle about a year ago. I started out being lazy and no motivation, suffering from major depression on the verge of taking it all away, living day to day in constant pain from back issues. Essentially my life was miserable.

Then I buckled down and got into fitness training and better nutritional health which helped my mental health improve tremendously. It was hard at first and I really questioned if it’d do me any good. I’m here to tell you, if you’re doubting it, stop. Getting into this lifestyle saved my life!

I no longer live a stagnant life, I take each day by its horn and work to progress my growth to the best person I can be. I no longer live in pain or constant depression. I find value in every breathe I take! So, take it from me, if you’re thinking this way won’t improve every aspect of your life? Get it out of your head, because it will save you too!

Way to go!! I agree that our eating, exercise, etc., can affect our self esteem, confidence, depression, etc., etc. Even though we say it shouldn't it's awfully damned hard to not go there, ya know? I'd love to get off my anxiety/depression meds and I know I could if I could stay in control of the physical part of my life. For almost 2 years I did amazing. Oh I'd have a bad day or week but always got back on track and felt good. Good physically, mentally, about myself, and others, much more positivity all the way around. Better sense of humor, reached out to others easily. Just a whole reset actually. But now, after 3 months(minus 8 days :()of losing that control again, I feel like I should be doubling the pills to stay on an even keel.
    So yes, it's all inter-related and I'm glad to hear of your positive turn around!!
  • Ketomoijo
    Ketomoijo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Someone (not mentioning any names here @slimgirljo15 ) sharing unwanted pics of her googol… somethings you can’t unsee it’s burned in my mind!!! 😵‍💫
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    Icy
    dafsjdyniuaj.jpeg
    I wanna go west and I wanna go east.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The poor little chickadee that bounced off my windows and was still laying out there later. I placed him in a bush and put some sunflower seeds with him. But something was definitely broken. :(

I've had that happen where they appear to be dead for what seems like a very long time, then are gone a few hours later. Hopefully he recovered!

@KickassAmazon76 -- I didn't know that about the water. I tend to let nature do it's thing (I think people generally make things worse, not better), but I'll make a mental note of this for the future. Thanks!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I've long thought that we don't understand or appreciate something without also understanding it's contrast, it's opposite. We only know happiness if we also know sadness. Warmth, cold. Wealth, poverty. etc.

I've also long thought that, speaking in very broad strokes, all "systems" tend towards balance. Environments, relationships, finances, etc.

I've been thinking lately that conflict is the manifestation of those opposing forces. It's where happiness and sadness meet. It's what causes a relationship to find equilibrium. It's the opposite to the feeling of being "too comfortable"... which is another thing I've been thinking a lot about lately. While I don't want to say that I need some confect in my life, I do think I need some contrast. My lane has gotten too narrow.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Why isn't there a 'deep' button?

Ye @jjpptt2, I haven't dared to look today to see if he's still there or not. If he's gone, I'll be telling myself a cat got him. :/

And yes @kickassamazon76, nifty tidbit of information to store. We've had many birds fly off our windows. :( I let all the blinds down on my year round porch yesterday, there are 11 windows. So hopefully no more flying into those now. I'm grateful I found the poor thing before my dogs did. I still remember the day I went back out to bring the dogs in and they were so excited, chasing each other around the yard. It was because big bad Holly had a bird in her mouth. :(
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Ketomoijo wrote: »
    Someone (not mentioning any names here @slimgirljo15 ) sharing unwanted pics of her googol… somethings you can’t unsee it’s burned in my mind!!! 😵‍💫

Pfft, unwanted.. I got tired of your whiney begging 😛
    🤣😂 I am forever gunna call it a googol now.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,474 Member
    Options
    It is the most selfish thing a person can do.
  • Ketomoijo
    Ketomoijo Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Has @slimgirljo15 been forcing her googol in your face too or is she not sharing?? Please clarify? 😏🤔
  • honey_honey_12
    Options

Has @slimgirljo15 been forcing her googol in your face too or is she not sharing?? Please clarify? 😏🤔

Jo is always SO SWEET to me.
    I know nothing of googol. 😂

A post on another thread, this is my reasoning to what I posted there.
    Didn’t feel like engaging with my disagreer.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited November 2021
    Options

Jo is always SO SWEET to me.
    I know nothing of googol. 😂

A post on another thread, this is my reasoning to what I posted there.
    Didn’t feel like engaging with my disagreer.

🤗 only a few have deserved the not so sweet side, you are not one 🙂
    Ner ner nee ner ner @Ketomoijo 😛
  • gigmaster
    gigmaster Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Why do they call them Apartments, when they're all stuck together????
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    777yiar1f25w.jpeg
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    How awkward I got when one of my female friends wanted to come shower at my place bcuz her shower was broken.

wait-what-is-happening-here.gif
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    How awkward I got when one of my female friends wanted to come shower at my place bcuz her shower was broken.

You didn't offer to scrub her back ? 😄
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

You didn't offer to scrub her back ? 😄

haha dang it