What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's so frustrating to see people losing inches everywhere when it's such slow progress for me so I have to remind myself some people are short so the same weightloss will have bigger impact on someone smaller. It still baffles me when somone 60lbs lighter than me wears the same size. I don't know why it's so hard to remember this.
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    We talking about the weather?
    ojzcdifmo59e.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options
    Gosh, 80s would be nice.
    dudwo05eu1oz.gif
  • twitchymcgee
    Options
    Gosh, 80s would be nice.
    dudwo05eu1oz.gif
    It’s the best time of year here. Very comfortable
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    apjybqb94gfp.jpeg

Yesterday afternoon, clouds moved in, parts of the metro had brief downpours.
    The farm did not get rain but the clouds were nice and the heat became bearable for a short time.
  • twitchymcgee
    Options
    apjybqb94gfp.jpeg

The farm did not get rain but the clouds were nice and the heat became bearable for a short time.

Beautiful
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    apjybqb94gfp.jpeg

Beautiful

Thanks!
    My ex has been working really hard out there.
    We have 3 old mares left from the herd we used to have.
    Talk about work!
    It’s like you wrote in your post about your friend with livestock.
    Constant work, constant worry.
    Animal husbandry is not for me, lots of heartbreak to go with the joy of seeing foals born.

I feel so fortunate that we have the farm.
    It’s right out of city limits and it’s our little slice of wilderness.
    I love the birds, the trees,
    the ticks not so much, lol.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    How Im freezing my butt off while you all are complaining about the heat 😂 sometimes its just so weird that you guys are doing Summer while its Winter here.
  • twitchymcgee
    Options
    apjybqb94gfp.jpeg

Beautiful

Thanks!
    My ex has been working really hard out there.
    We have 3 old mares left from the herd we used to have.
    Talk about work!
    It’s like you wrote in your post about your friend with livestock.
    Constant work, constant worry.
    Animal husbandry is not for me, lots of heartbreak to go with the joy of seeing foals born.

I feel so fortunate that we have the farm.
    It’s right out of city limits and it’s our little slice of wilderness.
    I love the birds, the trees,
    the ticks not so much, lol.
    Ugh ticks. I have to spray my ankles every time I walk the dog unless I wear my rubber boots
  • twitchymcgee
    Options
    And speaking of crazy country things

Since I wasn’t able to go for a bike ride today I decided to drive over to the school track to walk/run and on my way home I got stuck behind a horse that got away from the Amish.

I had no idea what to do so I called my girlfriend and she said just grab the reins and say whoa. I told her she was *kitten* crazy.

I stayed behind it until another car passed me and went alongside the horse and that *kitten* horse started racing the car.

At the corner an Amish girl jumped out of the passenger side and tried to grab the horse but he got away.

That was the corner I turn on so I don’t know the end of the story. I hope everyone’s all right
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Started the night off keeping company while my friend fed the horses & cows and a BOTTLE BABY!
    3062jy4dkirk.jpeg

The last time I visited a farm, I got mud all over a favorite pair of Ferragamo loafers.
    The reason I was riding on the back of the ATV is because I was wearing suede slides.

& you’re right. It’s dirty, uncomfortable, unending work. Which is why I only visit. When I first moved to the country I thought I would want to do some form of farming. I had read a lot of books. The reality is just…

In the interest of deromanticizing farmwork:
    she cannot leave town without finding/hiring competent people to care for the animals. She doesn’t do dairy so it’s not as bad as some other farmers but still.

That calf is being treated for scours and his name is Big Mac. She might keep him to keep the heifers company. But they are Angus heifers that she will breed. They are food.

While she fed and gave meds and applied fly repellent, we debated the merits of cauterizing horns (she’s going to let his grow)

and she was telling me that as soon as he is over this bout of diarrhea she’s going to band him (a method of castration).

That girl works 45 hours a week at an outside job & she spends the remainder of her time at her barn. But it’s the life she chooses. It’s got to be for love

I know you didn’t ask but you’re absolutely right about the Ferragamos

Eta: also before she had proper plumbing installed she got E. coli from her cows.

..... you had me at "Big Mac".

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    jodear8125 wrote: »
    Toooo much is on my mind.. mother has an atrial flutter and is in heart failure plus she’s still got covid, my daughters dog just died horrifically and it’s her second hen party and wedding soon and I just want to sleep 😴

Geez, you poor thing, no wonder you've a lot on your mind. Hope mum picks up quickly. 🤗
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    We had one of those nostalgic conversations tonight.
    The good times when our son was little, us in our 20s.
    We laughed a lot.
    It was a really nice change from the usual listening to him complain about business.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    How Im freezing my butt off while you all are complaining about the heat 😂 sometimes its just so weird that you guys are doing Summer while its Winter here.

It dipped to 44 last night. I needed a blanket. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Toooo much is on my mind.. mother has an atrial flutter and is in heart failure plus she’s still got covid, my daughters dog just died horrifically and it’s her second hen party and wedding soon and I just want to sleep 😴

I hope your mom's health turns around quickly!
    So sad about your dd's dog. :( So much stress for your family lately. {{Hugs}}
  • twitchymcgee
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

It dipped to 44 last night. I needed a blanket. :)
    Yup. 45°F/7.2°C here last night. 48 now.

I thought I might go out and enjoy exercising in the brisk air but sometimes it’s nice to stay home & do nothing for awhile
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Another dull, persistent headache 😕
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,190 Member
    Options
    If the house sells to people we showed through our house today in the non open house I'm cutting the Realtors commission...they seem lazy
  • jodear8125
    jodear8125 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Geez, you poor thing, no wonder you've a lot on your mind. Hope mum picks up quickly. 🤗
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I hope your mom's health turns around quickly!
    So sad about your dd's dog. :( So much stress for your family lately. {{Hugs}}

Thanks ladies, that’s not even half of what I deal with .. but I always try to stay positive and some people have things much worse to live with 👍